1. Banned for botting

I was banned for botting today for some odd reason. I have never used a bot nor would ever use one... I was never given a warning or any proof of suspected botting. Kinda wanting to see what others opinions are on this, or if it happened to you? If so obviously this is not worth investing any time into if it will just happen again randomly. I mean im 33 years old playing a modded version of wrath of the lich king, why would I have any reason to bot, I play it for the oldschool enjoyment of the game , and no other reason. Only thing I can guess of why they suspected me to bot is because I had yesterday off and played quite a bit. Any help on this would be great, Have a good one!

2. Do you have autohotkey or any other automation tools running?

3. No , I don't have anything like that. I do have some addons like Recount dps meter, omni cc, and stuff along those lines though.

4. Yeah I see it says don't complain about being banned, But thats not the main point of this, I want to continue playing this game , but If i will just get banned again randomly without any real reason, I wont waste anymore time in it , Just seeing if anyone else has had this problem. I would just simply either like proof of why I was banned or find out if it will continue happening, How can you fix something you have no idea what the problem is.

5. Yeah I see it says don't complain about being banned, But thats not the main point of this, I want to continue playing this game , but If i will just get banned again randomly without any real reason, I wont waste anymore time in it , Just seeing if anyone else has had this problem. I would just simply either like proof of why I was banned or find out if it will continue happening, How can you fix something you have no idea what the problem is.
    Did you actually read what it says?
    It tells you what you can do. Opening forum posts about ban reasons accomplishes nothing.

Of course you're not the only one who got banned for it. Chances are someone breached your account and used it to bot. You'll never see proof that got you banned because people exploit it to avoid future bans.

6. Yeah I read it all, it basically says ban appeals are low priority and they don't give a crap. I mean at this point I got banned so posting about this on the forums " Breaking the rules " Doesn't matter I guess. I highly highly doubt someone took my account overnight and botted with it. I think its because I played for like 4-5 hours straight yesterday and got banned from someone who is ban happy. Once again I know its their mod and they can do whatever they want, but generally if you accuse someone of doing something , and take action you usually have to back it up. Just making this aware to others and seeing if its happened to anyone else , that is the main focus of this forum post. Not to appeal my ban here.

7. But is it a permanent ban or what?

8. Either you landed on IP that's banned (VPN), or you botted.

You need to send email to [email protected] if you used VPN. Iirc you can still appeal bot ban, but that's never going to get through.
    If your account was used to bot, it's your responsibility. There's no unbans if you, or somebody else, were indeed botting with YOUR account.

9. I don't use VPN , Also we can 100% take me out of the equation of botting, I did not bot... so all that being said lets say my account was somehow hacked and logged into, All i have is a 64 death knight as my highest guy, Ive been playing this game for a week or so now with no problems up until today, But lets say a guy logged into my account, what exactly would he accomplish? Advertisement ? If so wouldnt it be easy to tell me " Banned for advertisement " Then I Could assume I was hacked and move on . But as of now I have no idea what to think the problem might be, Maybe its an addon I have? I Could just not use it and move on to another account and start over.

10. As far as I'm aware, botting bans are all given manually, which would mean a GM personally watched and confirmed it was happening.
    No, they aren't caused by add-ons or could happen because of an IP (never heard of a VPN IP banned because of botting).

11. Yeah I read it all, it basically says ban appeals are low priority and they don't give a crap. I mean at this point I got banned so posting about this on the forums " Breaking the rules " Doesn't matter I guess. I highly highly doubt someone took my account overnight and botted with it. I think its because I played for like 4-5 hours straight yesterday and got banned from someone who is ban happy. Once again I know its their mod and they can do whatever they want, but generally if you accuse someone of doing something , and take action you usually have to back it up. Just making this aware to others and seeing if its happened to anyone else , that is the main focus of this forum post. Not to appeal my ban here.
    Nobody was "ban happy". GMs can watch you while they are invisible. Ban appeals are read regularly. They just doesn't have priority over other requests. You sound just like you wanted to rant because of a deserved ban, you didn't expect to receive.