1. forced mercenary mode : getting confused with faction id

i play alliance character, but with forced mercenary mode, i am nearly always put on horde side and after playing many bgs i am identifying myself with my undead character, the bg group and faction in order to win the battleground. Then i am suddenly put back on alliance and i must confess it's very confusing just after i struggled with horde against alliance, it's like i forgot i am alliance and identified myself as horde now, i found myself very confused when it happens and it's very frustrating.

On the other side, i enjoyed to play with some horde player i faced before as an alliance player. And i have had great time with horde players. I was especially amazed by their healers. Sometime it's fun to play alliance then swith to horde then back to alliance but generally speaking it's confusing and disorienting for me as i want to keep the horde versus alliance system and mindset alive in my gameplay.

So i am wondering if horde lack players if it's not better to make free alliance to horde transfer ? even if the 2 trinket as human will not convince player to go horde and then won't make the balance between horde and alliance ratio. It can helps to shorten bg queues. At least for blackrock players, it can be a solution. I am ready to make the transfer from ally to horde but i would like to not be forced to play in mercenary mode anymore in order to stay and identify myself with horde team and base player from horde Icecrown/blackrock/lordaeron only.
    Edited: August 6, 2022

2. Only solution is to either disable ALL racial abilities and skills, or enable them to any race-class combination. Both are custom changes, so won't happen.

3. Only solution is to either disable ALL racial abilities and skills, or enable them to any race-class combination. Both are custom changes, so won't happen.
    i don't think removing the racial will be a solution, you will lose the features that make roll a character by players and races won't have any purpose anymore.

I prefer to lose trinket racial and chose other racials than being forced to play in mercenary mode.

Maybe another issue is that rolling alliance character except human probably won't resolve faction unbalance. Only some perks for horde players could balance faction pool of players like setting some pvp and pve items available with less requirements (arena points/arena rating) or giving other bonus (fast xp, free mounts etc...) but it can leads to some abuse with plying with account and character transfer system.

another interesting way of boosting horde base players can be giving specific perks to pvp/pve guild like in cata xpac so you will see whole guild forming or transfering to horde.
    Edited: August 7, 2022

4. Another issue is that the horde racials are better for PvE so when you remove Emfh or make it accessible to horde then everybody would switch to horde side.