1. Ret paladin macro.

Can anyone help me, I play ret paladin and I want to make a macro for Crusader Strike, Divine Storm, and Judgement. That is, when I press one macro, those three spells are done, if anyone understand. Thanks in advance.

2. hmm

/cast judgement of wisdom
    /cast divine storm
    /cast crusader strike

3. That doesn't work: if JoW is on cooldown the rest of spells won't be cast.

4. mhm, right it doesn't.

then maybe
    /castsequence [reset=5] divine storm, judgement of wisdom, crusader strike

but fair warning, this whole idea is not good and you will lose efficiency and flexibility, remaining low tier player

You might want one of those addons for disabled people, where you spam 1 button and it casts the right ability for your rotation.
    Edited: August 25, 2022

5. Isn't pala a "use the first spell that comes off cd, with this priority" kind of class?

6. Yeah, but still there are situations where you must cast whats necessary instead, with come castsequence crap he'll end up being a potato in situations, for example, retreating target, hit it with DS and then Judgement while still in range, but with such macro he stands there silly, ready to cast CS with his uuber advanced macros lmao

7. As long as he remembers that he can't use that macro all the time, he's fine. Having a macro that you can use 95% of the time without thinking at all is a huge improvement.

8. Maybe without t10x2 it's "ok" at best

9. Isn't pala a "use the first spell that comes off cd, with this priority" kind of class?
    One of most stupid things to say about Ret Paladin.
    If you smash whatever comes off CD, you do some DPS. If you start using brain, you do great DPS.
    Fast example > Judgement is 1 second away from being ready, you have CS and Consecration ready. What you use for maximum efficiency?
    You have Art of War proc for Exorcism and CS ready, what you gonna use?
    These are two very common situations for Retry which can not be solved by any macro or addon.
    Building your rotation around macros only will only hurt your DPS because there is only 1 in 10-12 fights where player can just idle behind boss pushing his perfect rotation.

10. Also if I remember correctly at least in earlier patches of wotlk castsequence used to ask the server if the character is off of GCD before attempting to cast next spell in sequence.
    If it is still the case (please correct me if I'm wrong) it would take at least 3x the latency for the cast to reach the server between each of the spells in the sequence.

In that case you are better of with binding your abilities to all keys of your keyboard and use the high end pro technique as shown in https://youtu.be/T3argKmqImQ?t=96

11. If you really want a one button macro then you can look up this post here http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=382668&page=4

I made a very long post about using this addon specifically for ret paladins. It's VERY finicky and broke multiple times trying to get it to work. I have laid out the instructions to be as clear as possible. IMO its a great addon for doing trash and most bosses. For fights that matter though then you don't want to use it.

12. One of most stupid things to say about Ret Paladin.
    If you smash whatever comes off CD, you do some DPS. If you start using brain, you do great DPS.
    Fast example > Judgement is 1 second away from being ready, you have CS and Consecration ready. What you use for maximum efficiency?
    You have Art of War proc for Exorcism and CS ready, what you gonna use?
    These are two very common situations for Retry which can not be solved by any macro or addon.
    Building your rotation around macros only will only hurt your DPS because there is only 1 in 10-12 fights where player can just idle behind boss pushing his perfect rotation.
    Can you explain you thought process in these two scenarios? As far as I know ret has first come first server rotation and its's build on priority of spells that do most dps first and or trigger T10 set.

You wouldn't use a GCD to use Consecration before using crusader strike, same goes for if you have art of war and CS is up you'd still use crusader strike. The only thing macros don't take into consideration is whether you are dpsing at range vs in melee, or dpsing 1 mob vs AOEing many. In Single target DPS where its simply a tank and spank a proper FCFS macro will out dps even the best Ret paladin because it won't miss out on Divine Storm procs that pop up a split second before you were going to cast another spell.

13. Key feature of consecration - reduced GCD, which means that you can squeeze it between your other skills without delaying next one With glyph it is also significant part of total DPS for ret due to 10 seconds duration with 0.5 second GCD.

Exorcism is ofc nice due to guarantee crit, but CS is one that keeps vengeance DoT up on target and adds-up to its total damage, not to mention that it also builds TAiJ stacks for extra swing of 50% AA damage and 100% seal damage. Exorcism can (and should) be delayed due to its long CD and not so great scaling.

And last one, macro that you are referring to will be unable to work as think of due to nature of its process. It will be making request to server before attempting to cast any ability, resulting in huge delay that will nullify any possible gain from 1 button macro
    Edited: September 27, 2022

14. Key feature of consecration - reduced GCD, which means that you can squeeze it between your other skills without delaying next one With glyph it is also significant part of total DPS for ret due to 10 seconds duration with 0.5 second GCD.

Exorcism is ofc nice due to guarantee crit, but CS is one that keeps vengeance DoT up on target and adds-up to its total damage, not to mention that it also builds TAiJ stacks for extra swing of 50% AA damage and 100% seal damage. Exorcism can (and should) be delayed due to its long CD and not so great scaling.

And last one, macro that you are referring to will be unable to work as think of due to nature of its process. It will be making request to server before attempting to cast any ability, resulting in huge delay that will nullify any possible gain from 1 button macro
    Is the reduced Consecration GCD a warmane thing because it's not supposed to have reduced GCD. If you look at retail videos right now you can see that.

Don't forget also that CS counts as a melee strike so it has a chance to refresh your DS on it's own.

Also it depends on the macro you make and how you set it up. Using GSE like I did I just had my mouse spammin the key and the macro didn't seem to get caught up like you are suggesting.

15. CS can't proc DS reset. It is melee range ability. Swings are auto attacks only, there are video evidences from original WotLK, blizz-like private servers and even from WoW classic, that CS doesn't and shouldn't count as melee swing, thus doesn't trigger related effects.

About Consecration, i can't say for sure is it 100% right, but iirc there are other spells with similar situation + ones that can be made into.

12 Last