1. [affli] Problem with corruption

Hi everyone,
    I have a problem with my dps. Usually when I look at other warlocks at damage done it looks like this:
    1. Corruption - 30-40%
    2. Shadow Bolt - ~20%
    3. Unstable Afflication - 15%
    4. Drain Soul - 15%
    5. Rest

It looks like this for me:
    1. Shadow bolt - 40-50%
    2. Corruption - ~20-25%
    3. UA - 10%
    4. Drain Soul - 10%
    5. Rest

My rotation :
    LifeTap - Shadow Bolt- Haunt-UA-Corruption-CoA

What im doing wrong?

2. . .
    Edited: January 1, 2024

3. They either have a lot more haste than you or they are multidotting targets when you are not.

4. Corruption damage will be dealt using the snapshotted haste and Spell Power you had when you applied it. So ideally, you will apply it on your starter rotation, and then you will want to reapply it when you have the most quantity of buffs procced (Engineering gloves, ICC ring, trinkets, Eradication buff, Hero/BL) and keep refreshing it without reapplying.

I used to struggle with muscle memory reapplying it and losing the buffed Corruption, so maybe that's what's happening to you as well.

5. My inital thought is if you have 100% uptime on the Haunt debuff?

1. Corruption - 30-40%
    2. Shadow Bolt - ~20%
    3. Unstable Afflication - 15%
    4. Drain Soul - 15%
    5. Rest

vs

1. Shadow bolt - 40-50%
    2. Corruption - ~20-25%
    3. UA - 10%
    4. Drain Soul - 10%
    5. Rest

The thing that stands out the most is that it's not only Corruption that is lower, but all the dots (including Drain Soul) are lower. The haunt debuff boosts all damage over time effects.

Do some training against a boss dummy and check damage and uptimes.

Let me know how it goes!

6. If I remember correctly it is crit and %damage amplification (ex: the "devious minds" bonus from t10, or tricks of the trade) that are snapshotted whenyou cast Corruption.
    Haste & spellpower values are reapplied each time you refresh corruption via SB/Haunt so no snapshotting

That's what the warlock guide says and I have been able to test it myself on dummy
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=380134

It's likely that other afflis make better use of their %damage/crit procs to snapshot those for their corruptions than the original poster does.
    Procs/buff to look out for:
    -PoS HC trinket (20% crit)
    -4t10 proc (10% damage)
    -Death's embrace (12% damage)
    -tricks of the trade (15% damage)
    -crit pot/crit weapon

7. If I remember correctly it is crit and %damage amplification (ex: the "devious minds" bonus from t10, or tricks of the trade) that are snapshotted whenyou cast Corruption.
    Haste & spellpower values are reapplied each time you refresh corruption via SB/Haunt so no snapshotting

That's what the warlock guide says and I have been able to test it myself on dummy
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=380134

It's likely that other afflis make better use of their %damage/crit procs to snapshot those for their corruptions than the original poster does.
    Procs/buff to look out for:
    -PoS HC trinket (20% crit)
    -4t10 proc (10% damage)
    -Death's embrace (12% damage)
    -tricks of the trade (15% damage)
    -crit pot/crit weapon
    You are 100% correct Sir! Its Flat dmg, % dmg AND Critical Strike! Also I can add Potion of Wild magic is insane Value for Corruption with the additional 200 or 250 crit rating it gives!