1. New player, needed classes ?

Hello everyone,

I haven't played WoW for a long time and I am going to create my new character on Lordaeron. Could you help me by giving infos so I can choose my class ?

1/ I read that Ally and Horde have a balanced ratio, but that Alliance is more PVP oriented and Horde more PVE oriented ?

2/ What are the most sought classes for groups or dungeons ?

3/ Are there any overplayed or underplayed classes on the server ?

4/ I am not a great player and don't have much time to play. Any idea of a class that isn't too complicated to be decent with (not asking for the OP class) ? I am looking mostly for some chill leveling, PVE, BG and WPvP, not into arena.

Thanks a lot for your answers !

2. 1) yes, it's because humans have the best PvP racial and horde has better PvE racials.
    2) Tank, healer ,DPS. In that order.
    3) In general there are too many DPS compared to tanks and healers.
    The most overplayed classes are the once which are considered better than the rest. Paladin of any spec, Fury and Awarr and DK are all quite popular.

3. 1/ As Black said

2/ As Black said - Tank, Healer then DPS. But that is not important. Dungeons are only important when you get level 80 to get the gear from dungeon. You should focus on raids and have raids in mind. In rather short time you will not need any gear from dungeons anymore. However its nice to play a class that can have secondary spec as tank or healer so your dungeon queues are short in that way.

3/ From my experience Demonology warlock and balance druid are the most sought after classes for raid. Balance is more complicated. Demo lock is there mostly to give the spellpower buff to everyone, you will always be appreciated often regardless of your performance.

4/ Play a DPS, mostly one that is not overpopulated like warrior and is not complicated (stay away from feral druid). From your description stay away from Tank (raid) and healer (raid) those classes have most responsibility to get the raid going smooth.
    Edited: August 29, 2022

4. Thanks for your answers

I tried a few classes on the PVP server and I'm interested in Shaman and Druid. Both are hybrid so I can do a little bit of everything. But I can't decide : Elemental and Balance seem the same. Any advice ? I'm still aiming for wPvP and BGs

5. Balance will be better in wPvP because of a better toolkit, what with many roots and CC, HoTs, cat sprint, shapeshifting removing slows etc.