1. Ele or Ench for PvE?

Self-explanatory heading. Wondering which spec to go with for PvE. I'm only level 11 so far. Have seen multiple threads on it but some seem old so not sure if they still hold up.

2. Neither of them, while they are "ok", despite being on lower side, no one is really looking for any of those specs in raids. Other classes/specs can do everything ench or enha can, and do it better.

3. I think guy before me was abit too harsh so let me tell you few things I've noticed:

#1 Enha is better/faster to lvl up with but if you simply like ele - go for it. I've been lvling up as ele too and it wasnt bad.
    #2 endgame raid leaders are looking for resto shaman in 99% of cases. That's true. BUT when your guild progress from 5healers to 4 healers (I play on Lordearon - x1 rates and 30% less dmg done in ICC by players with 30% less HP etc) on most fights, someone will be able to go dps. If you're skilled at enha and your guid has enough rets already - it will be you. That's what happened in my guild
    #3 on most fights in ICC you will be somewhere in the middle of dps (as enha ofc). DBS, rotface and fester are the best. Basicly less movement, better enh is. We loose alot of dps with recasting totems and running to target with no charge/jump.
    #4 I've also tried ele endgame - it sucks. Like... REALLY
    #5 enh is really interesting specc and you will not get bored with it. Very enjoyable to use.

So easiest route if you wanna go for shaman dps in really good guild imho is to actually play slave resto specc and get your items as OS with patience. Raids like TOC, RS and even Ulduar are alot better for melee shaman and you can easly show off there with your shiny gear.
    I'm missing 1 Item for BiS enha (not even STS but frikkin RS wrists). I've tried maaany things on my way as shaman dps. Got yt channel called Sharpshady Wotlk if you wanna check it out.
    Or you can try to find a spot as enha/ele right away but I'm affraid none of the best guilds will take you :/

Regards
    Edited: September 7, 2022

4. I think guy before me was abit too harsh so let me tell you few things I've noticed:

#1 Enha is better/faster to lvl up with but if you simply like ele - go for it. I've been lvling up as ele too and it wasnt bad.
    #2 endgame raid leaders are looking for resto shaman in 99% of cases. That's true. BUT when your guild progress from 5healers to 4 healers (I play on Lordearon - x1 rates and 30% less dmg done in ICC by players with 30% less HP etc) on most fights, someone will be able to go dps. If you're skilled at enha and your guid has enough rets already - it will be you. That's what happened in my guild
    #3 on most fights in ICC you will be somewhere in the middle of dps (as enha ofc). DBS, rotface and fester are the best. Basicly less movement, better enh is. We loose alot of dps with recasting totems and running to target with no charge/jump.
    #4 I've also tried ele endgame - it sucks. Like... REALLY
    #5 enh is really interesting specc and you will not get bored with it. Very enjoyable to use.

So easiest route if you wanna go for shaman dps in really good guild imho is to actually play slave resto specc and get your items as OS with patience. Raids like TOC, RS and even Ulduar are alot better for melee shaman and you can easly show off there with your shiny gear.
    I'm missing 1 Item for BiS enha (not even STS but frikkin RS wrists). I've tried maaany things on my way as shaman dps. Got yt channel called Sharpshady Wotlk if you wanna check it out.
    Or you can try to find a spot as enha/ele right away but I'm affraid none of the best guilds will take you :/

Regards
    Thanks for the lengthy response! I think i will keep the ench shaman but maybe not as a main, i might see what else i might like