1. Player Support

How much support does Warmane give to the player base?

Yet another ICC25 raid lead ninja'd everything. Went through the motions of rolling and declaring winners then kicked everyone out of the raid and logged off without handing out anything.

My point is that what ever ban is clearly not enough without removing all their loot because it continues to happen, so the incentive is still there.

If this is an environment / service about the players, then perhaps those that can, will change the consequences for ninjas and remove the incentive?

D.

2. I thought they took the items from you?

3. You seem to be under delusion that these rules are supposed to protect you from ninjas. What is supposed to protect you from ninjas is YOU.

I suggest you play as if these ninja rules do not exist, use your brain instead.

4. Just to reinforce what angrylol said, quotes from https://forum.warmane.com/showthread...=1#post2651922

"Please bear in mind that best way to avoid ninjas is common sense and raiding with trusted players or guild."

"We will NOT transfer items that were lost to ninjas. GMs cannot refund any items or gold. This will simply remove the ninja temporarily from the game."

"GMs should NOT be your shield against ninjas. Please bear in mind that this will not stop all ninjas and it's your best intent to take measures yourself and avoid suspicious raids, especially when leaders refuse to explain looting rules."

Our intention is simply to dissuade it from happening with temporary bans, which increase in duration on repeated infractions. The players are still the ones who should use their common sense and avoid anything suspicious, always giving preference to doing Raids with trusted leaders, with their Guilds, or starting their own groups.

5. So the fix is to not pug?

How else does someone establish whether a raid lead is to be trusted? Is there a forum thread? Certainly we can't come to forums to see who is *Not* to be trusted.

Is the use my brain and the rules are to protect ninjas really suggesting I lead raids and ninja?

D.

6. No one is to be trusted, until they earn your trust. Find people to raid with, people who are looking for the same thing as you.

7. Best option like Obnoxious said is to make your own raids... Joining any Pug is a Gamble, if you don't like leading and explaining just macro basic tactics of each boss and don't leave Loot on Group Loot.

8. You guys see the issue in what is being suggested right? Earn a raid leaders trust without raiding with them. Yep, that's using your brain for sure.

The only alternative being to run your own raids. Have you seen how long it takes to get a raid going already because 4 people are all forming the same thing?

Why don't we want to discuss changing the rules to take loot from ninjas and remove the incentive entirely? Admins are already investigating and banning.

9. So for 20 years everyone could deal with this part of the game[by design] and now, you poor thing, can't do anything. Why are you asking someone else to play the game for you, I don't get it.

10. If you want something, suck it up and start own raid. You are complaining about ninjas and when someone is suggesting you safest protection from ninjas, you complain how much it takes time to create a raid. Join a guild then and all your problems are solved.

11. You guys see the issue in what is being suggested right? Earn a raid leaders trust without raiding with them. Yep, that's using your brain for sure.

The only alternative being to run your own raids. Have you seen how long it takes to get a raid going already because 4 people are all forming the same thing?

Why don't we want to discuss changing the rules to take loot from ninjas and remove the incentive entirely? Admins are already investigating and banning.
    You can avoid many bad PUG's by inspecting leader, following his actions and doing some inspecting of your own. If it feels like something is wrong, leave before you get saved.
    Usually inspect what items leader is needing, and see what their assists are needing too. Also possible guild involvement (for better or worse). If the leader seems unresponsive, doesn't engage in raid chat when it's casual, will he continue to do so when rolls are going and people are yelling left and right? Raid comp is something you should be paying attention to too. 5 Fury warriors? OOF. Only one hunter and it's leader? Well well.. These are something you learn to notice when you've played a bit.

4 raids to choose from, or make your own. That call is up to you.

As much as I'd want to see ninjas lose the items they stole, don't think it will ever be so. First off reports would need to include items that were stolen. Secondly, when would the items be removed? When a valid report is made, when the ban ends? What if ban is lifted? Should the items be removed after appeal is denied? Or take the items only from repeat offenders?