1. Onyxia Team Composition (PvE)

For all those looking to multibox on the Onyxia realm, what will your team comp be?

I boxed in retail classic using 5x Paladins though it was a bit of a struggle from memory, then switched to a Warr, Priest, 3x Mage team and it was smooth sailing if not a little boring.

Thinking of running Pally, Priest, 2x Mage and Warlock this time though I'm open to trying other comps (4x Warr 1x Shaman looks pretty spicy)

Post your teams and goals below!

2. Haven't played classic yet but I have heard that 4 warr and 1 Sham work the best in PvE.

I'll most likely roll 3 warr and 2 hpala mainly for PvP purpose but I guess that setup will also work pretty good in dungeons.

3. The only problem I have with running 4x Warr Sham is that I'd like to get into raids with my team and there would be a lot of competition for Warriors probably.

There was a YouTube series I followed on retail classic he ran Druid, Sham, Mage, Priest and lock from memory and done pretty well. Downed General Drakk and Venoxis as 5man.

I'm thinking something similar, mixed team to increase chance of raid spots and limit competition for gear possibly.

4. The only problem I have with running 4x Warr Sham is that I'd like to get into raids with my team and there would be a lot of competition for Warriors probably.

There was a YouTube series I followed on retail classic he ran Druid, Sham, Mage, Priest and lock from memory and done pretty well. Downed General Drakk and Venoxis as 5man.

I'm thinking something similar, mixed team to increase chance of raid spots and limit competition for gear possibly.
    I mean there is no reason to bring the entire team to MC anyway, the way I did it I raided with my shaman in my guild because its reeeally important to have t2,5 on shaman in that team for chainheal and 3/8 t2. Then once nobody cared about mc loot and we were less than 40 people, quite overgeared farming MC for the legendarys I brought in my warriors one by one to grab some 2h weapon noone needs. Later I would also run AQ20 and 40 on warriors to get the 2h weapons nobody wanted because arms is mostly about the weapon and with wf/hoj they're much more satisfying to play in 5mans with sweeping strikes than furys. Literally twoshotting mob groups and have >1,5k dps per warrior in a 3 second fight.

So I wouldnt bother too much with gearing the warriors, get them some stamina plate stuff like t0,5 set with hoj, gladiator chest and a big 2h from raids. And only main the healshaman in raids with your guild to ensure you can keep up with the pulls in dungeons. The biggest bottleneck is like you shaman healing and one a side note, its funny that in Stratholme UD you can equip ravager and outperform any raid weapon.
    Edited: September 22, 2023

5. Good points Kruschpakwins,

Will you be playing Onyxia when it releases and will you be boxing?

Shaman 4x Warrior is sounding pretty good, hopefully there will be a good population on the server allowing me to get into raids on all the toons through the week. (I work unusual shifts and wouldn't be able to comit to a schedule with a guild)

6. On the shaman it will be difficult for you then, you can try the full t1 healing wave spam i never tried it but its probably easier for you then, than getting the other stuff. You can always pug for weapons on warriors, like nobody will place his prio 1 on something like obsidian edge blade they'd rather do it on the rag sword, which in my view has no big advantage in 5 mans because stuff dies too fast for the ARP procc to become relevant. Maybe also have one warrior for the aoe knockdown hammer (forgot the name) its helps with overall clear speed since your shaman will spend less time healing and thus less drinking which is the second bottleneck of you clear speed.

I haven't decided on a setup yet but since i never had the chance to do battlegrounds in classic with multiboxing thanks to the follow removal on retail, I'd probably run 4 shamans with a mage. So the mage is for convenience (water/portal bot) and later pvp only on the 4 shamans so I can have some buddy with me in dungeons or healing in BGs. For pve setup I'd run the warrior+shaman comp again, but honestly I think 3 warriors and priest shaman is even better because as I mentioned before the ravager is really competitive when you get to do big pulls, and having double heals would allow even bigger pulls that would eventually outperform a well geared 4 war shaman team.

#edit: earthshaker.
    Edited: September 23, 2023

7. I plan to have 2 teams of 5 - 1 druid tank 3 fury wars and 1 rsham each so I can solo UBRS (I wanna try doing the final boss as I sleep his 2 adds) by myself and maybe play solo in raids or multibox maybe. My other option is to do 3 mages 1 priest 1 warr and have fun like that.

8. Think I'm going to start with a 4x Warr Shammy team, managed to get some pretty good names for them :D

If I struggle with them maybe switch to a more conventional team as like yourself I'd like to try solo UBRS.

We should try organise all the PvE Multiboxers on the server and try some raids eventualy :)

9. On the shaman it will be difficult for you then, you can try the full t1 healing wave spam i never tried it but its probably easier for you then, than getting the other stuff. You can always pug for weapons on warriors, like nobody will place his prio 1 on something like obsidian edge blade they'd rather do it on the rag sword, which in my view has no big advantage in 5 mans because stuff dies too fast for the ARP procc to become relevant. Maybe also have one warrior for the aoe knockdown hammer (forgot the name) its helps with overall clear speed since your shaman will spend less time healing and thus less drinking which is the second bottleneck of you clear speed.

I haven't decided on a setup yet but since i never had the chance to do battlegrounds in classic with multiboxing thanks to the follow removal on retail, I'd probably run 4 shamans with a mage. So the mage is for convenience (water/portal bot) and later pvp only on the 4 shamans so I can have some buddy with me in dungeons or healing in BGs. For pve setup I'd run the warrior+shaman comp again, but honestly I think 3 warriors and priest shaman is even better because as I mentioned before the ravager is really competitive when you get to do big pulls, and having double heals would allow even bigger pulls that would eventually outperform a well geared 4 war shaman team.

#edit: earthshaker.
    3 Warrior, Priest and Shaman does sound pretty good.

I'd imagine your maining from the priest using the shaman as supplementary DPS until some heals are needed?

stam buff+windfury/strength totems and spirit buff for the shaman. Prayer of healing + Chain heal for AoE heals, mana spring totems etc all sounds like it would compliment/synergize well.

10. Not sure if magic dispell is needed in many dungeons encounters but I'm wondering if double resto shami would be equally good or even better than shami + priest for PvE purpose. Having two times mana tide totem should be quite handy. Also you can use wf + Agi as air totems, Str + Stoneskin as earth, mp5 + hp5 as water, etc. And on top of that double chain heal against AoE.
    Wailing Caverns, BFD, RFK, SM Library, SM Cath, and ZF all appear to have magic debuffs that can be dispelled. Some are more of a pain (10 second stuns) than others (3 second stuns). Some having a Tremor Totem works against, but some look like they need an actual priest/pally to remove.

11. Low lvl dungeons aren't the challenge here, with priest you can have more fire resist in UBRS when you MC a spellcaster.

12. Well, paralysis by analysis I'm even less sure what I want to run as my first team now lol.

4xWarr Sham
    3x Warr 2x Sham
    3x Warr Sham Priest
    Warr 3x Mage Priest
    Warr Sham Lock Mage Priest

Need to have a good think tonight.

Will either of you be multiboxing Lez/dailybg?

13. Not initially. Main will be singleboxed, probably grouping with guildies. Might multibox alts up later.

14. My plan for the 10man team for raid instances is this

team one: warrior, priest, warlock, 2xmage
    team two: druid, paladin, warlock, 2xmage

hoping the rules about being able to have more accounts simultaneously in raid instances haven't changed

15. I recently found out we have isboxer42 cracked for windows 10 in here and it's working flawlessly, I may play mage setup so I can experience the AoE goodness of mages, with Isboxer42 it's easy to do even flamestrike>nova>cone of cold combos for massive aoe's. You can have clickable boxes and stuff on your alts with tv42 aswell, it's such a great program and I was fully prepared to do it with hotkeynet and just settle with the basics.

12 Last