1. What are the most needed dps classes?

Hi guys, coming back from a few years of hiatus and I want to start fresh. What's the easiest DPS class to gear up atm/most needed for both Ally and Horde?

2. DPS is not needed at all, maybe just locks.
    Also very long RDF queue for DPS.

3. Druid would probably be your best bet. Super easy to level as feral and you can do off spec heal or tank in dungeons for quick dungeon ques. Balance dps is usually in demand.

4. If you really wanna be dps, I would say Balance Druid, Warlock or Shadow Priest

5. . .
    Edited: January 1, 2024

6. Easiest to gear would definitely be hunter. 99% of the items dropped would be yours.

7. Easiest to gear would definitely be hunter. 99% of the items dropped would be yours.
    Thats why most of the hunters get banned, reason: Ninja in raids.

8. I'd totally go with feral cat druid if I were you. Haven't seen too many of them.

9. What guilds need and what pugs need are completely different. ICC 25 Pugs need demo locks, spriests, balance druids, hunters. But then there are other times, you won't get an invite because they aren't really looking for the class, they are looking for a CARRY. Even if you're joining a competent guild, these are the last classes you need and your gear is far from free. As someone who has levelled two hunters to 80 thinking it would be an easy ride, i found myself as a third string fourth string priority for an invite. Why would a 5k hunt / demo / sp / feral ever get an invite - they wouldnt. Those classes are wanted when they are already 6k gs+ because thats when they do what makes them strong (misdirect, spell power buff etc).

The easiest way I have found is to play a tank or healer, gear up fast that way and then pick up Offspec drops until you can pivot into full time dps. Just going straight into full time dps esp if you want a quick and easy ride is just not the right attitude imo.
    Edited: November 15, 2022