1. Advanced Moonkin PvE tips and tricks

Chello my fellow owls.
    Iam on Lord realm since 2015, was member of MEMORIES guild and have those fancy http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/achievement=3117 titles. (e-peen big yes)
    I tested and min-maxed maaany things during those years so...
    Dis is not for new smol chikans. It should be for big boys.
    I still see even BiS owls do stupid things and act as robots, follows 100 years old outdated guides.
    So we need some update....

I wont go thru everyting from start, its not a newbie guide, i will pick smt here and there, its more like update of the existing old one Boomie PvE guide.

Opener/rotation
    -4sec GoTW(raid buff is counted as separate 25 casts and almost always will procc clearcast and activate T10 1st bonus 15% dmg)
    -3sec trees
    -prepot and start casting wrath
    Its simple rite? so why so much owls still dont know about it?

above 5.8gs +-(its only for orientation, i REALLY dont like gearscore addon its silly, but at least for orientation)
    you should pretty much forget insect swarm if you are stationary, https://wotlk.evowow.com/?spell=48468 IS is great on low gear but scales only with 20% of your total spell power so better gear then the worse is the swarm, so if you dont have to move then dont use it, its almost always dps loss, if you must move because of boss mechanic ofc feel free to throw it.
    But, but...swarm is important it lowers chance to hit tank by 3%, really on Lord with the dodge debuff in icc? We maybe can talk about it on Halion where it might make sense.

Also for the love of God, forget about wrath during lust/hero, GCD is 1 sec and wrath is during lust/hero around like 0.5sec or so, you are losing so much dps, when you are in wrath phase during L/H then pop wild magic potion and continue Starfiring when wrath phase ends throw few wraths to get back into lunar.
    Refresh moonfire on last 2sec of wrath phase, so you wont lose precious GCD when you will be in lunar, create macro with use of engi haste on gloves to starfire so you never use it on wrath.
    When Lunar eclipse end you can use if you feel it macro like
    /castsequence Starfire(Rank 10),Insect Swarm(Rank 7), Wrath, Wrath
    in case you wont crit with this SF, and you cast it with full 2 sec cast you can hide IS under GCD of that cast and in this case it can be effective.

ITEMZ

This is a big one, gearscore = everything rite? and guide said this is bis so i wont dispute it and everyone have same gear so why think about it ...or?.

This is the first change, on the bis gear with fester boots non-crit Starfire have 2.04 cast time vs 2.08 Unnatural Growth, effect on crit starfire is not even worth mention, and ofc no effect on wrath, but 74 spirit is 25 more spell power and better sockets yellow and red instead of blue. If you are not already BiS then yes fester boots might be great upgrade but on the absolute BiS Unnatural Growth wins all the time.

Did you ever actualy read the text under PNL? do you know it procc only from DoT ticks? and have only 35% procc chance? and average procc time is around 100sec? Yes is great for opening and big e-peen numbers but...what if you get vomit on fester into one of 2-3proccs you have on the boss? what if you get vomit on Rot, if you get flames or even stupid link, if you get caster debuff on sindy, MC on lady, or orange ooze target you on PP ... PNL is great on bosses where is opener with lust/hero like marrow, DBS, Fester(if you feel lucky enough). But i like flow cause Boomie is about the stable flow, we dont have any major CD to send into this big PNL procc, except starting starfall, then starfall is 60sec cd and PNL average 100s so its very rare to get it again together, i want to minimize randomness, so thats why i use on the listed bosses DFO, it have same 45s inner cd as CTS so they very often procc together and it goes hand in hand with previous thing i said about insect swarm so if only source of possible PNL procc is moonfire ticking once per 3 sec and random Languish then PNL is even worse. On LoD DFO wins pretty much every time cause PNL procc into spirit room very often(depends how fast your guild is) but usualy it procc when you dont really want it.
    Soooo...with DFO use it basicaly force us to next change ->

With DFO we lost lot of crit from PNL but we got alot of haste which isnt on our level big difference, so we need our crit back, easy solution -> use 5/5 T10 chad setup.

Talents

Why i post standart talents? well its mostly because of LoD where many PRO owls take one talent from owlkin frenzy and from trees/imp insect swarm and go 2/2 gale winds.
    1. Owlkin frenzy procc pretty often on LoD from LK finger beams
    2. single target Valkyrs especialy when you are in lunar is better and still more effective on total damage output when take in account +1% crit on SF from imp insect swarm talent when moonfire is on target and procced owlkin frenzys in mid phases with platform spirits. I dont think gale wids are worth the 5sec of hurricane fame on LoD.

Random tips
    If you want to see really big Starfire crits and ure BiS or near BiS gear, you can go 5/5 T10 + PNL so you have enough crit so you dont need crit idol and you can use http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=40321 and get 35K SF crits, big numbarz!

on bosses where you start with starfall -> fester, DBS(if you are starfalling second beasts and use fall on opening), halion, BQL, LoD
    you can use http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=50454 shanenigans, pre-rejuv raid and get bonus 256 spell power scalling with everyhing you throw on boss, if you prepot wild magic and trinket proccs its pretty good, when starfall ends you press swtich macro to standart http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=50457 and continue normaly(yes you can switch idols during fight), but switch cost one GCD, so its ok on halion when you must run under boss to other side for example

Druid DoT's are non-dynamic, means ticks wont change once you applied them, so if you have PNL+CTS or DFO+CTS procced together AND you are not in lust/hero cause during L/H DoTs GCD are not worth cast, renew DoTs on last 2sec if you have both trinkets aligned you can also throw bullied insect swarm, and this moonfire and swarm will tick with 6k spell power long after those trinket effects faded, ofc new re-apply of the DoTs wont prolong it like when lock rolling the dot whole fight, but its another way how to min-max

Owls stronk together !!
    Edited: September 27, 2022

2. Ty for the read - Add to guides list, please!