1. The only bottleneck is most likely the clientside - warmane does not want to release a client of their own that everybody must download, or else they can't play.
    To use the new client you should handle all of the sent packets from it server-side which is why warmane don't and won't ever support it - they should rewrite everything from scratch, including changed talents and other ingame stuff. It won't matter if other server want to use the client, because they should do the same at the end. All wotlk servers support the same client on their backend because all public sources/repacks are based on it. Plus the fact that the new client is directly connected to your bnet which eliminates the possibility to log with "account" like it used to be (and is here)

2. one of my guildees leveled a toon on retail, and she described it as an absolute ****show. more bugs than retail, way more than warmane, and the funniest part is that it shares many of the issues that plague private servers, such as mob pathing. i genuinely suspect they used private server code.

3. one of my guildees leveled a toon on retail, and she described it as an absolute ****show. more bugs than retail, way more than warmane, and the funniest part is that it shares many of the issues that plague private servers, such as mob pathing. i genuinely suspect they used private server code.
    classic is on completely new engine which will have bugs for some time for sure. you can't expect everything to work flawlessly or what you think is..based on your warmane experience
    ..can't compare it to private server being around for.. 13 years? not to mention the fact how many people were working on the core (not only warmane devs, but trinity,azeroth and all other communities) all these years and there are still tons of bugs and exploits in their cores. some old, some new caused by recent changes
    Edited: October 19, 2022

4. classic is on completely new engine
    That's not quite true. It's a "new engine" if compared to the original 3.3.5, sure.

But it's on the engine they have been using for their current expansions, so it isn't a "completely new engine." It also isn't brand new content, which they are trying for the first time. It also also way more than likely already had a big slice of the work done, as "current" assets already existed for a lot of WotLK areas and content.

So, private servers have been around for 13 years and had different groups working on emulating stuff? True.
    Blizzard had not only more time - they've been at it since the conceptualization of Vanilla - but also more people with more resources, mostly working on tweaking existing stuff to recreate an old version, not a new expansion.

5. That's not quite true. It's a "new engine" if compared to the original 3.3.5, sure.

But it's on the engine they have been using for their current expansions, so it isn't a "completely new engine." It also isn't brand new content, which they are trying for the first time. It also also way more than likely already had a big slice of the work done, as "current" assets already existed for a lot of WotLK areas and content.

So, private servers have been around for 13 years and had different groups working on emulating stuff? True.
    Blizzard had not only more time - they've been at it since the conceptualization of Vanilla - but also more people with more resources, mostly working on tweaking existing stuff to recreate an old version, not a new expansion.
    You didn't get my point at all. What I meant is that they are trying to make something ancient working the same way it used to work back in the days..or even here with logic behind all the potato abilities you have on this expansion..so when people hear WotLK CLASSIC 90% think of private servers, because they never touched the WotLK or retail to have some comparison how the things SHOULD really work without sacrificing X behind the scenes just to mitigate X (won't discuss further). in latest engine the logic and processing of everything don't match at all with the ancients you know in private WotLK server(s). Some of the bugs there won't ever be fixed because of this reason. But you also won't ever see rogue getting coiled in CLoS because of the delay in user processing inputs or the so-called batching which is with ridiculously high delay here on warmane and it really feels in PvP if you actually care for timing and not mashing random battlegrounds on full pve ret.
    So yes..both options are viable as place to waste your time, but if you're not used to something that doesn't make it " absolute ****show"
    Edited: October 20, 2022

6. Oh I got your point perfectly fine, don't worry. You're being a retail apologist.

First by claiming the engine is "completely new" and that "private servers have been doing it for over 13 years" like if Blizzard hadn't been at it longer, now with wild made up percentages, wild assumptions of the background of players finding fault in Blizzard's rehashing of the same thing, claims about how "the logic of everything doesn't match at all" (with such vast insider knowledge I'm sure you can give us half a dozen detailed examples of that) as if any differences made it impossible to recreate old functionality for the people who create and tweak the engine itself, and a vast use of leaving aside that while private servers work on reading logs, watching videos and deducing how things worked, Blizzard is the one who made it all in the first place, the source of it all, the ones with hands-on contact with the official engine and code.

It's fine to defend dear Kotick, even fallaciously so, sure. Just don't go surprised Pikachu if called out when you do.

7. bugs should be fixed no matter what expansion / server or realm you are playing on, does't matter if its retail or P.S and if you want warmane to implement changes whats the limit? i meeeeean, why not remove RDF like what bliz but to be honest one of the things that i would want implemented is the raid finder from retail ( not LFR MODE ) like a way to see the raids hosted in a list and what roles they need instead of having to scout the global chat and clean the spam for raids and i think there is a LFM system for raids in warmane but its disabled

8. why not remove RDF like what bliz but
    which is a joke suggestion btw and a bad idea, cant edit my post sorry

9. apply

that may apply, and add them here too?

10. OP, just admit that tou want play retail WotLK without paying subscription.
    There is no real reason to join it, it is just another loop of RMT, gold bids and min-maxing fiesta that butchers any non meta players.
    If you want to experience progression, just join next season of Frostmourne.
    Yo not to piss on your parade but this is what everyone on Warmane wants: WOTLK wow with no subscription, min-maxing and RMT (loops if you play Frostmourne).

11. Barbershop sex change cause its so easy nowadays? 99% of the people I talked to rolls their eyes at this.
    Same goes for Female - Male to Body type 1 - 2.
    Wintergrasp "Fix"? it's made like that because some realms on retail has 10% Alliance and 90% Horde, it would not work with the VoA being accessable for only the winning faction, Here on warmane the factions are not that far apart.
    No RDF? sure, lets make a vote se how many vote for that decision, Blizzard's forums was litteraly blowing up because the staff didn't want to implement RDF in wotlk, only because a minority of people cried.
    Boosting items in ulduar? sure, lets make ulduar easier too.
    Tell everyone we're making Naxx a little harder while at the same time people do 12k dps with t7 gear cheesing throught it.

I follow the news, changes and blizzard forums a lot at work and there's no other way to say but, they dropped the ball on this.
    They are basicly living of the great history and rumors of old wotlk wow.

Remember all the posts on forums asking about what will happend to Warmane when classic launches? did you check the population numbers before and now after a while?

12. Never again playing on this old 3.3.5 client.
    They should start from it and remove all LGPT+ that Blizzard did.

Also, i really think Wotlk should take some things from Cataclysm like the interface/ergonomy, some QoL.
    And because the 3.4.0 got the lastest API, modders can now REALLY improve the game graphically.

Very sad i don't know anything about script and sysadmin stuff. Relying on others is sad, specially when they are bad in the game design.

First 12