1. Warmane should implement Wotlk classic changes and improvements!

Hello guys.
    As you may heard, blizzard just launched Wotlk classic on the servers and players have access to pre-patch Wotlk and enjoying the old time beloved Wotlk once again. But what we should do as a long time remaining old server with constant players and 3 crowded realms?

Here's the idea: "Warmane implement new improvement to Wotlk servers as blizzard develop them". If you do a simple search on Forums, Wowhead or even YouTube, you can find these new improvements that blizzard trying to imply on the servers. It's 2022 now and a lot changed after original launch of Wotlk back in 2008, And of course they aren't official yet but the community are arguing about these cool changes being there or no. For example new dungeon and raid finder, barbershop changes, wintergrasp Battle fixes and so many new improvements that may changes during the time of this patch!
    What's your opinion? Should we stick to our old content Wotlk, or have improved version of it? How about we discuss here in Warmane about these fixes and changes that may apply, and add them here too?

2. Really cool idea dude. Some bugs are still presist since the beginning of Wotlk and never get fixed back in Wotlk time, but they may fix these bugs and make Wotlk even better than before. Let's see what comes next but I'm totally agree with you.

3. Really cool idea dude. Some bugs are still presist since the beginning of Wotlk and never get fixed back in Wotlk time, but they may fix these bugs and make Wotlk even better than before. Let's see what comes next but I'm totally agree with you.
    yes some of these bugs are annoying. like the visual bug after DBM trinket pop-up and ignore dual-wield weapon.

that would be great to put some update into old Wotlk and make it "Modern".

4. Keep it as is. Blizz has way more developers than Warmane does. Blizz is doing this to attract new players and make it easier for people who never played anything older than WOD to maybe enjoy wotlk, while warmane has players that have been playing WOTLK for like 10 years now. Blizz needs to make everyone complete LK25HC within the lifespan of the expansion which is much shorter than it is on warmane.
    Let blizz od their thing, warmane has been fine for a while now and they will remain fine.

5. Back in 2009 when we were at the top of Wotlk expasion, number of players was capped at the time, that was where Molten-wow (Old time Warmane) born. I remember players joins daily to this server and they had to make more and more servers, and I think at some point we had 7 Wotlk servers with many active players. after that at 2010 when Cataclysm released, players were even more excited about this new patch and leaders planned to migrate 3 servers to Cataclysm. but after some months this patch failed at staying at the top of the peek and almost every Cata servers disbanded one after another and players start to get back to old time Good and beloved Wotlk to be excited once again. even blizzard itself couldn't rise from the ashes of this mess!
    But what about now? Are you consider players that may leave server and join back to Blizzard? What if these new changes and upgrades makes new game much better than the old Wotlk?

I know that changes are not always easy, but now we must win this competition against blizzard and keep our community safe. It's like the competition of Nokia vs Android. If we don't update, we may lose and Broke!
    Edited: September 29, 2022

6. OP, just admit that tou want play retail WotLK without paying subscription.
    There is no real reason to join it, it is just another loop of RMT, gold bids and min-maxing fiesta that butchers any non meta players.
    If you want to experience progression, just join next season of Frostmourne.

7. No no. I don't want the progression cause if I want that, I would join Frostmourne already. I'm talking about new improvements that maybe makes Wotlk better! That's it.

8. Solid idea. but unfortunately way out of reach.
    there's a reason why Blizz went to a new patch of 3.4.X instead of 3.0.1. They have completely rebuild Wrath from (almost) nothing to create Wrath classic. more than likely it also runs on a new engine but it for sure has a whole new core.

for warmane to do something similar, would probably take few years. on top of it taking all the man-hours they can spend. which means a ton of research, coding, and fixing bugs that may arise.

personally I think a better option would be to create a new realm once a year where frostmourne characters can transfer to instead of Icecrown. and this alone just to stop inflation.
    an even better option would be to release expansions that came after wrath.

the warmane servers are well established and making changes to them (no matter how good for the game they may be) will more than likely not be received well by it's community. a good example of this is the donation page going down just a few days/weeks ago. people were mad, sad or confused about something that wasn't even a real change to begin with; just a small hiccup.
    I don't mean to sound negative but generally speaking people don't like change. . . .and when it comes to warmane players... they REALLY don't like change..

9. I really like the idea for Heroic+ that they will implement. Will fit us like a charm. Since mostly characters are high gear, will deliver a new challenge to the actual dungeons

10. Isn't there something called mythic dungeons in frostmourne? Isn't it something similar to heroic+ or whatever?

11. I think you should just leave it how it is

All these changes that Blizzard has added has actually caused me to come back to this server. It's starting to not even feel like Wrath expansion, just feels like a Vanilla version of the game, and very, very slow, they love to time gate everything and are doing it even more now. Also they've stated that they won't be adding the RDF tool so that right there is enough to get me to unsub and return here.

12. Improved content make no sense here. we want the true wotlk experience, the one from 2008 not the one from 2022.

13. Improved content make no sense here. we want the true wotlk experience, the one from 2008 not the one from 2022.
    *Cough* dual wielding UH DK spamming Blood Boil + other single rune abilities (no Scourge Strike in talents at all), that they've calculated to be "best" till SM *cough*

14. Improved content make no sense here. we want the true wotlk experience, the one from 2008 not the one from 2022.
    Do we? We have been spamming rs25hc / icc25hc for many years now, some of us more than a decade. It gets... stale. Updates and improvements are not a bad thing.

The only bottleneck is most likely the clientside - warmane does not want to release a client of their own that everybody must download, or else they can't play.

15. Do we? We have been spamming rs25hc / icc25hc for many years now, some of us more than a decade. It gets... stale. Updates and improvements are not a bad thing.
    Yea and that's the whole point. we're stuck on wotlk after all. what did you expect? seasonsed realm and eventually go cataclysm? the popularity of such realms speaked for itself.

12 Last