1. Using dark resistance in pvp

Good afternoon, I would like to hear the opinion of experienced players about the use of resistance to magic. I play protopaladin and i have problems with shadow priest, i want to use dark magic resistance(head +25, cloak +20, bracers +70) and aura +130 total 245 without resistance ring. Will this be of any use or is the idea useless. Help with advice!

2. It's useless unless you plan to have a second set for this purpose.

3. Sounds like you're going to sacrifice a lot, just to kill a 1 class, and ontop of that. a specific spec of that class.

when it comes to melee vs ranged. melee will always be at a disadvantage.
    playstyle is key to success here, not necessarily gear.
    as a prot pally, your survivability is your strongest asset. but that doesn't mean you can't die. don't just spam damage and run into him. make use of your environment to LOS him. silence/kick the right spells and just take it slow.
    the only defensives a shadow priest has really is a s****y Shield, and Dispersion. you should be able to out-live him in regards of defensives.

another thing is spec.
    are you full Prot specced? if yes. swap some of your talents over to ret to create a preg spec. (prot/ret combined)
    this will give you more damage without sacrificing your defensive capabilities.