1. Leveling can be done 100% in dungeons, without ever setting foot in pvp zone. the problem is not high level camping lows, the problem is low lvls going stv

2. Nah, the problem is forced PVP. It sucked in retail and it sucks on a private server.

3. Nah, the problem is forced PVP. It sucked in retail and it sucks on a private server.
    The problem is new players who run straight up to a lvl 80 enemy faction player and be surprised of the outcome.

4. The problem is new players who run straight up to a lvl 80 enemy faction player and be surprised of the outcome.

Nah, the problem is that I can't opt out of getting chain murdered any time I enter a contested area to play the game. Make WoW great again and bring back dishonor points if you're going to have a forced pvp server.

5. If you mean dishonourable kills they only applied to killing NPCs, not players.

6. Nah, the problem is that I can't opt out of getting chain murdered any time I enter a contested area to play the game. Make WoW great again and bring back dishonor points if you're going to have a forced pvp server.
    It's not "forced". You chose it.

7. It's not "forced". You chose it.
    Spoken like the sort of person who camps enemy faction players who have no chance of fighting back. It IS forced because I do not have the option to opt out of it. I go to one place to PLAY THE GAME and there's 5 red health bars waiting to murder me. So I go somewhere else to PLAY THE GAME and there's 7 more red health bars waiting to murder me. I know it's a ton of fun for the murderers, but it's just demoralizing for the dead guy. I'd just go play on Frostmourne but then my characters get deleted, unless I choose to send them into this hellscape which just brings us back to square one. In any case, I'm only here whining because I have no power in this situation and venting to randos is my only recourse.

8. @BrokenToe - it is not forced upon you. And your image of said game is drastically different from what it actually is. If what you are saying was true, there would be a lot less players leveling in open world, everybody would just sit in towns and spam RDFs. So you clearly exaggerating situation, because there are tons of characters leveling in every location from 1 to 80. Only thing that ganker may achieve - to ignite some world PvP or FORCE crybaby to come on forum and make sloppy posts about evil BiS players who camp them 24/7 (conveniently not telling how they idle in famous PvP zones like STV, Tanaris), which only fires up gankers more as it provides them immense pleasure through your inner tortures.

9. So you are like, "yeah, I think I'll play on this PVP realm, obviously I'm going to get ganked, but thats how it's supposed to be". Then: "omg I was ganked, WARMANE YOU DID THIS TO ME, WHAT THE HELL OMG HOW DARE YOU".

Stop tripping man.

10. Spoken like the sort of person who camps enemy faction players who have no chance of fighting back. It IS forced because I do not have the option to opt out of it. I go to one place to PLAY THE GAME and there's 5 red health bars waiting to murder me. So I go somewhere else to PLAY THE GAME and there's 7 more red health bars waiting to murder me. I know it's a ton of fun for the murderers, but it's just demoralizing for the dead guy. I'd just go play on Frostmourne but then my characters get deleted, unless I choose to send them into this hellscape which just brings us back to square one. In any case, I'm only here whining because I have no power in this situation and venting to randos is my only recourse.
    So leveling is playing the game, but pvping is not ?

11. Nah, the problem is forced PVP. It sucked in retail and it sucks on a private server.
    While I do agree that the ganking on Icecrown happens more often than any other private server or Blizzard servers, you can play on Frostmourne, which has the 7x EXP rates and is not a PVP server.

However, if you must play on Icecrown, see if you can get a level 80 to boost you through instances. There's one guy who does it for 5k gold from 1-70. Dunno if he still does this, but I took advantage because I wanted to get every class to level 80 and leveling a Priest is hell...
    Edited: November 13, 2022 Reason: Typed 70-80 by mistake. Meant to type 1-70

12. This is the Warmane experience. You signed up for it.

If you want no world pvp then you can go to classic or another realm. If you want to stay on Warmane and you don't want to get ganked then pick a better place to level, take a break or just pick a better faction. I personally think more people should be out there ganking low levels, that way there is more world pvp. Nothing like forcing a level 14 to call for backup in global chat because he's on a 2 minute timer and can't get out of his own leveling area.

13. If warmane starts banning for that, then 80% of donors would be banned from server.

Now level up, gear up and revenge.

I kill low levels too, I dont care if they cant fight back, because enemy is enemy, one day they will do the same thing.

FOR THE ALLIANCE!

14. If warmane starts banning for that, then 80% of donors would be banned from server.
    Ah yeah, it's always the donors that are the evil doers of the server! Damn pesky donors, how they there to provide for the server so that free plebs can "afford" a place to stay.

More like "80%" of entire population, not just donors, which is weird thing to highlight, but ok.

When you're incapable to understand that you don't always need a wallet to reach big GS, or hard to earn items, but by simply playing the game. Though requirement getting them requires skill. Do you call those players donors, just to have a peace of mind, as your own skills aren't enough to obtain the items?

15. If warmane starts banning for that, then 80% of donors would be banned from server.
    Almost all times I've been ganked it was by a fresh 80... I don't know what those donors are doing with the coins they buy but they definitely aren't buying gear!

First 1234 Last