1. Almost all times I've been ganked it was by a fresh 80... I don't know what those donors are doing with the coins they buy but they definitely aren't buying gear!
    Buying that uncommon and rare 77-80 lvl gear with coins, just to gank low levels. Chad move.

2. Retail expansion TBC

Now hold the phone... I played Retail all the way from Vanilla to Legion, that's a LONG time! This "pvp" and "ganking lower level characters" was really not around that much back in Vanilla, because both factions played the game for what it was: true fun. They took PVP to the battlegrounds because they wanted titles like Grand Marshal and the Grand Marshal's Sword, and things of that nature.

"Grand Marshal WoW"
    https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=5343/grand-marshal#

https://www.wowhead.com/classic/item...hals-longsword

NOW, when The Burning Crusade came out and both factions headed to Hellfire Peninsula, world PVP EXPLODED like an atom bomb, and I mean, World PVP HUGE, through the roof. Since you had to physically go to dungeons like Blood Furnace, but mainly Hellfire Ramparts, there were both Horde and Alliance players waiting to get inside, so they literally fought outside the entrance of the dungeon. Why? Because there were so many players running dungeons, it was more than Blizzard's servers could handle. People were getting the system message when they tried to go inside the dungeon, it said "Instance is full". And it literally was. Not enough IDs could be created for how many players wanted to run those dungeons.

Also, horde and alliance were both doing the same quests in that zone, at the same level, so it became world pvp, that's how pvp busted out into the world instead of just BGs. In fact, if you go to hellfire peninsula, there is STILL a TON of pvp going on, that's pretty much the most famous place for world pvp to this day, but it will never be as crazy as insane as it was the day TBC went live.

Ever wonder why there's PVP towers in Hellfire Penninsula, Terrokar Forest, Nagrand, Shadowmoon Valley, AND Zangarmarsh??? The zones have world PVP included as part of the maps. If you capture all the towers you get benefits, Honor Hold literally has a quest to complete where you need to capture all the towers in Hellfire Peninsula, and so does Thrallmar. The reward is a PVP trinket.
    Edited: November 25, 2022 Reason: Link

3. stv Vietnam vietcong war zone, expect to be ganked if you go there

4. you have only yourself to blame. if you're a beginner, you could have chosen to lvl on frostmourne, wich is a pve server. but u chose icecrown. so gettting ganked by a lvl 80 is in fact your fault.

lving in stv lmao
    His own fault for getting camped by some loser? I'm assuming you're one of them.

5. PVP happens! I want to share a little bit because I sometimes kill low levels inbetween waiting for BG queue pops or whatever (or at least, I try to let them be if they aren't lv72-80 yet); it makes the game THE game. We're in a MMORPG, don't take the 'multiplayer' part out of just what you /don't/ want and keep it only for the things you want. At least you know if Icyhearts killed your alt, it's not personal and I won't track or chase across the map, but I will 'camp' an area if I'm hanging out there.

I think from the "victim's" pov, sure you have the choice of not levelling at a high risk zone like STV, Hellfire or Borean, but it does take some of the game away. Like having very watered down whiskey. Or watching a horror movie that just isn't scary at all. You take away your own game experience for... some efficiency? To get to the gear grind at the end faster?

Sometimes it's the fun getting ganked, countering even if you try and fail, or banding together/calling for help for a revenge kill - interactions - makes the game more fun and less like just another job, addiction, pass time, or a second life.

/support pvp and ganking

6. The definition of irony is when you see the loudest voices who bashed multiboxing crying to no end, all in one thread telling someone complaining about gankers "that's gameplay and quit crying" Jesus this made me laugh. The utter cluelessness of these people make my day sometimes.

7. My thing isn't so much the PVP and killing low levels, although that IS really annoying. It's the copse camping that frustrates me the most...like I get it. It's "part of the experience" or whatever you use to justify it. Just...why? Like what are you getting out of being a geared lvl 80 specirfically going to a zone of 40s JUST to kill them and then sit on their body waiting for them to respawn so you can just do it again? And I know..."tHeY wOuLd JuSt KiLl ThE nPcS" but that would be much less annoying than not being able to walk 5 feet without someone with nothing better to do one hit you over and over.

8. Level 68 on an alt. Only done quests, except for one dungeon as I was bored of questing.

Times I got killed by lvl 80 (or skulled) so far: 1.

I don't get it, how do you keep getting ganked?

9. I levelled my main as resto druid, and I challenged myself to try and plan out some kind of strategy around it.

It was relatively easy to avoid ever being ganked, get all the gold I wanted to even buy choice BoEs off the AH like a sexy Staff of Jordan as a fresh char

I never went to zones like STV, duskwood, etc!

Here's the main points of my strat. Keep in mind I was a healer 1-80 and didnt go into boomkin until much later for pvp fun, so I had literally NO dps!

1. Play to the strength of your class/spec. If you can tank, level through dungeons or aoe farm easy melee mobs. If you can heal, try to find groups as a healer and make friends,
    do RDF.
    2. If you're doing RDF, again I can't stress enough that you should FIND OTHER FRIENDS who are annoyed also at being ganked. While waiting for ques, I went to green zones and got herbs that every low level player needs to boost alchemy such as Briarthorn. Simply take Herbing and go for this, or Mining and go for Copper, but especially Gold and Silver + low level gems for JC
    3. Abuse the 7x rates of the server. Meaning, do green quests and easy stuff, especially green elite quests in places that unpopular zones. Make one friend that's a healer, or dps/tank and do packs of mobs in dungeons. The XP and accelerated droprates make this safer and better than questing if you can pull it off. You can also try to convince lvl 80s to boost you in exchange for all the drops. At level 45+ try to go to Blackrock Depths, a MASSIVE dungeon with amazing loot tables that you can farm for a very long time. At level 53+ , you can consider being boosted in Molten Core, Blackrock Spire, or Zulgurub. Lvl 80s can be convinced to farm the first few bosses, for the mounts as well as transmogs. Each of the bosses drops like 150gold when killed as well, really not bad. So I'm not kidding, with a little bit of finesse you can abuse dungeons in warmane to make a TON of gold when the loot table starts to get nice, like Zulfarrak or Blackrock Depths+

I'll even throw in this Alliance boosting guide 1-60, totally safe and amazing gold farm/xmog farm if you find a level 80 with mammoth or bike to take you around.

Start at Deadmines when it's available, do it and the quests + westfall quests and goldshire stuff like Hogger etc.
    Next do Stocks and all of it's related quests a few times, its in SW and easy to reset. You can get to the mid/upper 20's here.
    Next take Tram to IF, get the Gnomeregan quests that are there and go to Gnomer. It's a big dungeon you need to only run one time, pull big packs of stuff and do all the quests.
    Go back to IF, vendor and turn in Gnomer quests. Get Uldaman quests in IF (explorer's league). Leave IF for Loch Modan, and then Badlands. Go into that cave on the right as you enter Badlands, and find Uldamon. You can run this a few times, check a map because there's even a 2nd exit you can take, reset from there and re-enter. You should be 30-something now, this can go to about 40. After that, go to Dalaran, take the portal there to Tanaris and run to Zulfarrak. Run that, and get to lvl 45. Now you can do Blackrock depths to 58, or also add in a raid at lvl 53+. Easy!

10. You can build your entire playstyle around avoiding them, and quite frankly its better gold per hour than questing the low level quests.

Edit: Didn't mean to double post lol, i tried to delete this but it wont for some reason (:

11. Come on guys! The game is called WORLD Of WARcraft! The game is a world in intself with auction houses, taverns, jungles and seas. And the world could be a dangerous place if you’re not careful where you go, don’t you agree? There are real life dangerous zones, full of scumbags, why not in the virtual world which is more or less represented again of…people? Even more so when the game itself is called World of WARcraft and the whole thing spins around the battle between alliance and horde, not herb gathering or questing for gold. If that is your thing perhaps you should try Minecraft or something less socially engaging.

12. Come on guys! The game is called WORLD Of WARcraft! The game is a world in intself
    Then why is there no crafting skill for War?

13. Fights happening in the way they would have in the RTS games is exceptionally rare. Something that might happen once every few years. The game's namesake is meaningless at this point.

14. Then why is there no crafting skill for War?
    Since the world exists, craftsmen of all fields have fallen victims of wars and raiding, is what I mean. Part of the experience!

First 1234 Last