1. Sacred Cleansing bugged?

Hey Paladins! Is the talent Sacred Cleansing bugged for hpalas on Blackrock/other realms or did I completely misunderstand the talent? I can't for the life of me get the Sacred Cleansing talent to resist/stop the application of diseases on me. I'm 3/3 in Sacred Cleansing on my pala, and my DK that I'm testing this with manages to apply his diseases 100% of the time. Not a single resist message or anything else stopped the DK from applying his diseases on me. The DK has 0 Spell Penetration btw. This was tested more than 50 times. While Sacred Cleansing is clearly proccing, as can be seen in the right corner (so it initially looks like it's working), it doesn't seem to increase any resistance against diseases in practice.

Shouldn't it work like this: When Sacred Cleansing procs, I'm 30% more likely to resist diseases/poison/dots? Why is it not working at all? Can someone else confirm this? I tested this on Blackrock.

2. do you mean the diseases that dk appy while melee hitting you? in that case those specific disease ignore the "miss" chance (even if the talent says "30% chance to resist" in reality it is 30% chance to be missed)

It is the same for a Rogue who use Cloak of shadow, it gives 90% to be missed by spells but if a DK melee hits a rogue, his disease is applied

3. I meant diseases like Frost Fever and Blood Plague that DKs apply with Icy Touch/Chains of Ice and Plague Strike. They seem to never get resisted/stopped by Sacred Cleansing.

4. I meant diseases like Frost Fever and Blood Plague that DKs apply with Icy Touch/Chains of Ice and Plague Strike. They seem to never get resisted/stopped by Sacred Cleansing.
    Yes, those ignore said miss chance due to being applied by their corresponding ability (icy touch for frost fever/plague strike for blood plague) hitting you.
    They're not supposed to be resisted since sacred cleansing technically does not interact with resistance at all. It just gives you 30% chance to be missed by diseases/magic/poison. Neither Plague Strike nor Icy Touch/Chains of Ice fall under that category so they hit regardless (and deliver their diseases).

5. Thank you so much! I get it now. I just did a quick test with my Shadow priest. I applied Devouring Plague on my hpala with Sacred Cleansing procced and noticed that Devouring Plague missed every now and then even if I'm hit capped, so it's safe to say that Sacred Cleansing is working.

6. No is not working you have just to low hit rating , missing is not equal to resist so dont tell its working .

7. No is not working you have just to low hit rating , missing is not equal to resist so dont tell its working .
    oh really? try to cast spells vs a Rogue with "claok of shadow" up

Tooltip says:
    ... increases your chance to resist all spells by 90% for 5sec...

Do you get "resist" or "miss" as message?

8. Man i play a classic WoW and i know how its work dont compare miss to resist lol there are 2 different types, btw everyone miss on this serwer regardless cap hit rating because hit rating dont work propertly to on warmane. Resistance is not same as Miss so dont talkt about that like its working lol

9. Man i play a classic WoW and i know how its work dont compare miss to resist lol there are 2 different types, btw everyone miss on this serwer regardless cap hit rating because hit rating dont work propertly to on warmane. Resistance is not same as Miss so dont talkt about that like its working lol
    Hit rating doesn't work? Can you prove that?

10. Sure, my warrior are overcapped and still miss, i as hpally with 4% hitrating from talent still missing a judgement and other stuff.

All i know about this server after 2 month of play is :

Spell pene is not working, you can have a overcap and you will still miss a spells (as shaman you cannot purge target normaly because you have a miss)
    Hit Rating working same as spell pene on mele characters you can have cap and you will still miss the skill.
    Ressistance is not working as should (paladin sacred cleansing didnt give you any resistance to magic school type spells)
    Edited: October 22, 2022

11. Couldn't it be that you are seeing the effect of some racial or class-specific traits? For example, -2% chance of being hit with spells if you are belf, etc.

12. So you want to tell me every character on 2s have racial that take from my warrior all of his hit rating ? nope man. Hit rating is not working as should in pvp same as spell pene. My friend shaman which have more than cap hit rating plus racial drenai still missing a spells like purge.

13. Against whom? For example a ret belf has Magic Resistance (2% chance to miss) + Divine Purpose (4% chance to miss). Other races and classes have similar stuff.

14. ...Man i play a classic WoW and i know how its work dont compare miss to resist lol there are 2 different types..
    Yes, "resist" and "miss" are 2 different things.

The point that you have NOT understand is that Paladin talent, as well as rogue's spell "cloak of shadow", is providing % miss chance (even if tooltip says "resist")

So you may now wondering why blizzard decided write "resist" in tooltip instead of "miss"? Who knows

Is it clear now?

15. Dont compare talents from rogue to paladin because they are two different talents and work in other way, rogue shadow of cloak give you 90% chance to enemy miss on you from spells but not resist becuase resist is a 100% chance to avoid spell.
    Is that clear now ?

12 Last