1. New dungeon Trend

So, Genuine question.

I haven't been able to get through a whole dungeon in maybe 3 days. Is there a new "speed dungeon" trend which I missed in the last 10 years?

- People just leave when there is a team wipe
    - They leave when a member of DPS/Damage isn't geared or is struggling
    - They leave when the healer doesn't have infinite mana
    - They leave when the tank doesn't complete the dungeon in 3 minutes
    - Or the healer just leaves mid game

I don't get it, years ago we used to get XP from killing all the mobs, now they are missed on purpose and bosses are the main focus. People used to talk strategy when the team wipes.

Why is it like this? Like, you need to dungeon to get better gear, BUT, people complain when someone doesn't have good gear. There was a new tank in a group recently who got absolutely trash talked for not being geared up and indestructible.

Is it a trend or has it always been like this on Warmane? Actually it might be like this on Retail too but I never went back to retail lol
    Edited: October 16, 2022

2. The game is old and people have no time or patience to go through dungeons the way you want them to. Not judging them but I understand the rationale.

3. I assume you are using RDF while leveling. In some dungeons you can skip some trash mobs and rush to boss. In others you need to kill only "quarter" boss to get rewards. Both ways give more XP per time spent in comparison to "classic" full clears.

About ppl leaving, i get that part too. With sluggish party members, it becomes faster and more efficient to keep questing in open world

4. The game is old and people have no time or patience to go through dungeons the way you want them to. Not judging them but I understand the rationale.
    Yeah I understand that too, times change. I just need to keep up with the times.

5. I assume you are using RDF while leveling. In some dungeons you can skip some trash mobs and rush to boss. In others you need to kill only "quarter" boss to get rewards. Both ways give more XP per time spent in comparison to "classic" full clears.

About ppl leaving, I get that part too. With sluggish party members, it becomes faster and more efficient to keep questing in open world
    Yeah that part was so strange to me, people leaving on the spot when times get hard lol. This is only my opinion, I think people should give it a few goes first before having an agreement to shut down the dungeon. BUT, is what it is.

Had a tank the other day holding up the team until someone gave him gold lmao.

6. I've also noticed some similar stuff lately, doing the daily HC dungeon has become a real pain in the arse.

7. If only we could go back to 2008 when server populations weren't a smoldering cesspool of toxic, elitist impatient selfish tryhards.

That was such a precious time in history.

I came back to the game today after 10 months hiatus and the first dungeon I get into as tank I don't even have time to buff before everyone starts pulling and redirecting mobs onto me. This is despite greeting everyone and stating "I have been gone for a while so bear with me"

I wasn't afforded even 10 seconds to sort out my buffs. The sweaty 6k rogue in the group chain pulled the entire dungeon and I was frantically trying to hold it together. It was not fun at all.

This is the mentality with many of these tryhards, if they smell weakness on you, they go even harder, because I imagine it makes their pee-pee seem bigger. I don't actually know. But I would estimate roughly 2/3 of the population are like this. Some quite not as toxic or sweaty as the next, but that's the general impression I get after playing on here for a few years.

I think you were right about it being a "trend" it just got way worse. Which I think correlates well with the state of player progression on the server. The vast majority as max or near max geared, they don't have anything to learn except common decency at that point. Then I imagine the whole game revolves around trying to impress people while at the same time not giving an inch for players trying to figure things out.

The epitome of selfish behavior. This is why I am a solo player. You won't find any guild that isn't chock-a-block full of these miserable elitist tryhards. No time for anyone or anything but their own self-interest.

This is unfortunately the end-game for many players. And there is literally nothing you can do about it.

8. I came back to the game today after 10 months hiatus and the first dungeon I get into as tank I don't even have time to buff before everyone starts pulling and redirecting mobs onto me.
    And then they complain that nobody wants to tank or heal...
    I regequit early this FM season because as a healer the experience wasn't any better - no one cares, they just expect you to be able to heal through everything. And the tanks were either clueless or rude, sometimes randomly going afk on the last boss - "I'm so important, you can't finish the dungeon without me, hah!". It's quite stressful if you're trying to do a good job meanwhile the rest of your team either doesn't give a damn or is straight up trolling.

I regularly come back here out of nostalgia and every time I'm reminded why I quit in the first place. This isn't 2010 anymore, it will never be as fun and chill as it was back then.

9. I seriously envy you guys. That's sounds way more interesting compared to dungeon groups I get: Literally nothing happens, just a conveyor to get badges, sometimes people even say "hi" and "thx", so that's a highlight.