1. My favorite part of being a mage is...

Refusing to make portals for players who whisper me. Some of them get so upset when they hear that "no", as if they're entitled to it and its so funny.

2. I tell people I didn't do the quest. Doesn't matter what it is, I didn't do the quest.

3. i swear i've met an angry paladin once in bg refusing to give buffs because a mage refused to give him portal do dalaran from onyxia.

4. best thing about mage is making portal to Orgrimmar in that one arch by the Dalaran portals on Horde side
    tell people to relog and delete cache to be able to click it
    bonus points if you make a new portal while they are reloging, keeping them clueless

5. I may be the only one who always makes a portal when asked and refuses to take a tip.

6. I'm impressed people don't know to enter raid or a dungeon in a group. Then leave the group and log out. After that your character is teleported to the heartstone location.

7. Porting raid lead to Theramore when they are griefing me

8. My best part of paladin is to give BOS instead of BOK to such a mage. Even maining a bis mage myself. Then all other mages outdps such a mage.

9. My best part of paladin is to give BOS instead of BOK to such a mage. Even maining a bis mage myself. Then all other mages outdps such a mage.
    Jokes on you, i'll just use drums so you can rebuff the entire raid untill you're sick of it.

10. Jokes on you, i'll just use drums so you can rebuff the entire raid untill you're sick of it.
    Ill just buff you Kings to remove drums, and then rebuff BOS.

11. Mage is a funny class to play, easily troll able but at the same time OP.

However, as a player who plays a mage, I do indeed in a way feel responsible of making a portal for the party for a very good logical reason. That is there are two ways a mage can teleport around the wow map:

1. creating a portal (usable for the party/raid)
    2 making a teleport (usable by the mage only)

If mage had absolutely no responsibility to making portals for the raids, then why did WoW developers include such thing as portals in the first place? They could've easily just add teleports only, but they didn't. See every player no matter what class they play, they have to use abilities in order to contribute to the party/raid, otherwise you would be completely useless to the raid, making a portal is the same thing as using buffs in raids or abilities, its your responsibility to do so. Therefore, the players who decide to reject other players who ask for a portal (nicely) is in my opinion just a person who is immature and selfish, if it's so hard to give a portal, then perhaps don't play the class at all? And if people really find it expensive to buy a portal rune that costs 20 silver, then simply ask for 25 silver (20 for the rune, 5 for the service fee) otherwise don't be a douche.

However, I do fully support Mages who reject people who are being really annoying, rude or pretty much being a pain in the ***, so in that case I fully understand the reasoning behind not making a portal for the specific type of group.