1. Which Gear is Better ?

Hi everyone, im a newbie here. I wanted to ask a noob question so please bear with me.

I am playing a blood elf shadow priest, and I am wondering which gear is better to equip.

for example, for legs may be I can easily buy a leggings of woven death in auction house, which is a 264 level item. my question is, is it better to equip a higher level item , or we should go for the T9 gear set item level 232 instead ?

2. You can wear 4 parts T9 +those pants. Those pants are good and will stay in slot until you get BIS pants from 25HC icc.

3. hi thank you for replying. the thing is I have a stiffened corpse shoulderpads also for my shoulder, it is a 264 item level. so whats your suggestion on this ? should I abandon item level 264 for a T9 set ? stat wise item level 264 is better than T9, but Im not sure whether the bonus set is worth it or not to replace a 264 item level.

4. I don't recall on the spot what bonuses priests t9 have, but I'm sure it's better to use 4p t9 over 1 extra 264 item. And pants have haste on them, which is way more valuable, even more so at the start to cap GCD.

5. 2 piece bonus: Vampiric Touch duration + 6 sec
    4 piece bonus: Mind Flay + 5% crit chance

6. hi thank you for replying. the thing is I have a stiffened corpse shoulderpads also for my shoulder, it is a 264 item level. so whats your suggestion on this ? should I abandon item level 264 for a T9 set ? stat wise item level 264 is better than T9, but Im not sure whether the bonus set is worth it or not to replace a 264 item level.
    Hello, First of all, never think that an item is better because it's only higher ilvl, it's all about getting the best stats out of it, for example, The best stats you can possibly get for shadow priests is 1-Spell power 2-Hit cap (Hit Cap – 289 / 11%, if you are dranei or alliance with dranei in your group 10%) 3-Haste 4-Crit, Spirit does apply a small ammount of spell power, BUT for the cost of a better stat like haste / crit, so it's never to recommend only in a few cases where the item itself is so much higher then what you had that the spell power bonus alone compensate for it.

In your case I would go "Legging of woven death" with rest 4 set pieces of t9, get the t9 items that provide most for you to start with and end it with shoulders last since you have a high ilvl shoulders with same stats as t9 but higher, I'm not even 100% sure if t9 shoulders is better then stiffened to get 4 piece bonus, since you dont only spam mind flay as t9, you also mind blast, but I have a feeling it is better, the 2 set bonus is definetly to go for though, for now.

Personally I allways get the "legging of woven death" because the stats are simple amasing for every single spell power class, dps AND healer and will be like the last t10 item you get because t10 leggs (and gloves) can be obtained also in VoA 25, which is why you go t10 head / shoulders / chest allways first for almost every single class (except the classes that use different t10 setup, all classes have their unique set of what items that provides the best stat boost as a whole for your class).
    The "Deathfrost boots" are also to recommend,

In the case of shadow priest specifically you dont go for t10 leggs, so thats why the "leggings of woven death" are to recommend absolutely, you want the leggs from festergut 25man ICC in the end, thats the best item for shadow priest.

Stiffened shoulders are allways a nice ilvl boost to look better cause global req on gearscore is indeed high, but you would much rather want haste/crit from t10 shoulders, even if stiffened is a little high ilvl.

https://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=305558 here's a guide to get a little understanding about shadow priests in general.
    Edited: November 14, 2022

7. Hello, First of all, never think that an item is better because it's only higher ilvl, it's all about getting the best stats out of it, for example, The best stats you can possibly get for shadow priests is 1-Spell power 2-Hit cap (Hit Cap – 289 / 11%, if you are dranei or alliance with dranei in your group 10%) 3-Haste 4-Crit, Spirit does apply a small ammount of spell power, BUT for the cost of a better stat like haste / crit, so it's never to recommend only in a few cases where the item itself is so much higher then what you had that the spell power bonus alone compensate for it.

In your case I would go "Legging of woven death" with rest 4 set pieces of t9, get the t9 items that provide most for you to start with and end it with shoulders last since you have a high ilvl shoulders with same stats as t9 but higher, I'm not even 100% sure if t9 shoulders is better then stiffened to get 4 piece bonus, since you dont only spam mind flay as t9, you also mind blast, but I have a feeling it is better, the 2 set bonus is definetly to go for though, for now.

Personally I allways get the "legging of woven death" because the stats are simple amasing for every single spell power class, dps AND healer and will be like the last t10 item you get because t10 leggs (and gloves) can be obtained also in VoA 25, which is why you go t10 head / shoulders / chest allways first for almost every single class (except the classes that use different t10 setup, all classes have their unique set of what items that provides the best stat boost as a whole for your class).
    The "Deathfrost boots" are also to recommend,

In the case of shadow priest specifically you dont go for t10 leggs, so thats why the "leggings of woven death" are to recommend absolutely, you want the leggs from festergut 25man ICC in the end, thats the best item for shadow priest.

Stiffened shoulders are allways a nice ilvl boost to look better cause global req on gearscore is indeed high, but you would much rather want haste/crit from t10 shoulders, even if stiffened is a little high ilvl.

https://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=305558 here's a guide to get a little understanding about shadow priests in general.
    Well, the problem is that Icecrown is full of elitist types who demand overinflated Gearscore for raids. That's why you see people pushing 264ilvl items even tho there are better items that are lower ilvl. And no one wants to do anything about this problem of overinflated Gearscore requirements for raids.

Luckily I finally hit 5900GS and have proper gear now, including the 251 set. I can get into almost all raids, but good god, it took me quite a while. Either way, if they ask 5.5k GS for a raid in Chat, and you're only 5200GS, you should still apply. I've found that no one follows the minimum GS requirements, anyway. I join a raid that said 5.8k GS minimum, and see a lot of guys with 5000 or 5300GS, so clearly the leaders don't really care that much about GS. Even still it's quite disheartening for the newbies who haven't figured this out yet.

8. I just recently made a whole new account and tried the whole "fresh" experience without help from alts or boost or anything and I had a rather easy time getting into raids even when I was 100-200 GS lower then the "limit", Just tell them you know exactly what to do and that you are proper geared and gemmed / enchanted even if your overall GS is lower you will still do better then most people at the limit who dont get the right stats, dont enchant, get cheap gems, And most leaders can tell that you are indeed good by a inspection, most of the times (if they need the class that is) they will inv you to just check you out, and if everything is in order they let you stay.