1. The hunt for battered hilt

Ladies and Gents! I would like to know your input on this topic :)

Is that Battered Hilt actually droppable? I've never seen it drop in the 6 years that I have played :D what drop % is it? Has anyone seen it actually drop or gotten it?

We all should do a challenge and test our luck? All participants are given 1 year to get as many Battered Hilts as possible (not by AH buying, you will need proof) and the winner in the end, gets every other participants Battered Hilt for free :D <-- It's a joke people
    Edited: December 1, 2022

2. It can drop in FoS/PoS/HoR HC and I have seen it a few times and lost it every time. I'm glad the drop rate is so **** cause every time someone wins I get salty for the rest of the day.

3. 0.08% chance in every trash mob of Frozen Halls dungeons.

4. Yes it does drop. % is very low. I've seen it drop quite a few times, and actually won too. no proof to show off unforch.
    main reason is people don't farm trash in those instances. they just skip most fights. and most of the time, they don't bother looting the mobs too.

there was a time when one could sneak in and farm trash in pit of saron and actually get alot of shards/bh/gold...

ps : note that if you drop one with your character, you can't drop it anymore :) One only per char so your challenge would require multiple toons

5. I have personally won 3 and seen about 10 more drops, it used to have a much higher drop chanse few years back, recently I havent seen it at all, same with blood queens choker in satchel.
    Edited: December 3, 2022

6. ps : note that if you drop one with your character, you can't drop it anymore :) One only per char so your challenge would require multiple toons
    This is actually false information. You can drop multiple hilts per character als long as you don't use a hilt.

Once you start/finish the quest and obtain quel'delar you're unable to obtain further hilts.

7. Actually like i said above, i used to farm them by sneaking in solo and kill trash mobs, nevertheless i couln't drop more than one per char.l

8. You can't confirm it due to how abysmal chances are. It is like claiming that Rivenderth mount or any other extremely rare thing is "once oer character".

9. You can't confirm it due to how abysmal chances are. It is like claiming that Rivenderth mount or any other extremely rare thing is "once oer character".
    It works like any other dropable item starting a quest. Those also stop dropping once you're done with the questline. Only difference: Hilt has a low droprate.
    Does anyone really believe that they implemented a different mechanic for a single random drop questitem? It's the same as any item starting a quest in any other zone.
    There is no flag set for characters influencing dropchances by "having it seen drop once".

10. It can't work this way due to several reasons, here are some of them:

- you can't trade to other players any other items that begin quest (there are lots BoP greens/blues in Classic in TBC)

- making it obtainable only once will also exclude 4 party members from obtaining it > such system would never went live due to playerbase eating Blizzard alive for doing so, i.e. drastically reducing amount of obtained hilts shadow banning players for completing intended content

11. I have definitely dropped multiple hilts on the same character.

12. It can't work this way due to several reasons, here are some of them:

- you can't trade to other players any other items that begin quest (there are lots BoP greens/blues in Classic in TBC)

- making it obtainable only once will also exclude 4 party members from obtaining it > such system would never went live due to playerbase eating Blizzard alive for doing so, i.e. drastically reducing amount of obtained hilts shadow banning players for completing intended content
    That's not how it works. each dungeons even on rdf has an id. that id is linked to one of the player in the group. hence if someone drops the hilt, the player only with the id is locked for the hilt and not the entire party.
    However i do remember seeing the hilt drop twice in the same run, wich means it can effectively drop from each player at least once in a party.
    and yes the hilt is tradeable between players, if someone drops it, he can trade it to other players in the same party during the run.