1. Is it worth it to buy 1h + shield for BGs?

I've been doing a bit of BG heroing at around 1k resilience with a pala, it's fun, but I'm struggling a bit during big fights. I use seal/judgement of light and whatever cooldowns I have to save my *** (like divine protection, glyphed hand of salvation, etc) but sometimes even that's not enough when everybody's targeting you.

I was considering a few options such as LK caster weapon + WF caster shield or WF caster weapon + WF caster shield (for increased healing when I get an AoW proc) or maybe the attack power versions of those. I don't know what's the best option or if buying any of those will make any difference in big fights at all.

Thanks!

2. It will definetly make difference, it brings stronger healing as you mentioned (+sp), a little better sacred shield, around 6-9k armor from shield and if rng god doesnt smite, lots more art of war procs due faster swings. About choice, lk caster would be really fine, its not worth getting t1 wrathful weapon over it, though shield should be wf.