1. Cross realm Batlegrounds gs brakets

Hi,

I have char in Icecrown and been doing some BG's for months and slowly gearing my char to enjoy the trip..

When I was -3k gs I would be constantly be queue against Froustmourne alliance players, now that I have 4.4k gs (not optimal/BIS) I'm being queued against Blackrock players with 5.2k and I really dont understand why...

My char got hateful set (frostmourne players got dedly / furios) with some wintergrasp and dungeon off set , my trinks are triunf emblem vendor + POS trink

Weapons from FOS/ POS non heroic total 4.420 gs

Is cross realm over for Frostmourne realm or have I done something wrong gearing my char?

Its really frustrating that I was meat for Froustmourne players for weeks and now that I have gear that somehow can compete I'm not being queued vs them anymore but instead with ppl with 5k+ gs from pvp realm where they got all relentless / T9 gear at their disposal

2. ps: I dont say this to sound mean or anything just want to understand why so I can work my way around it, sometimes I'm even being queued with ppl with wrath and ICC weapons/trinks

any tips are welcome

tnx

3. If you have fos/pos gear you are put in the furious bracket, that's how it works

4. And, always worth reminding: there being any bracket at all is something custom we included.
    The way it would normally work is everyone being put in the same pool, no matter how weak or strong their gear is.

5. Yes I totally understand that, for example AV that requires more ppl I assume I would pretty much never get the benefit from the custom setting

Is there any other posts here you can share with info about this so I can learn?

tnx!

6. If you have fos/pos gear you are put in the furious bracket, that's how it works
    If I delete those Items and equip TOC dungeon/raid items im fine or is too late? I'm thinking about doing that and upgrading the hateful pvp set to deadly or furious, just afraid it would be a wait of time with no results

7. If I delete those Items and equip TOC dungeon/raid items im fine or is too late? I'm thinking about doing that and upgrading the hateful pvp set to deadly or furious, just afraid it would be a wait of time with no results
    What you should do instead is farm honor and buy furious main set and wrathful offset and start with arenas to upgrade the main set.

8. Is there any other posts here you can share with info about this so I can learn?
    There isn't, because we don't want people trying to game the system to get optimal gear while remaining in the lower bracket.
    In fact, when some people did try that, they were manually locked into the high bracket, so it isn't a good idea to do more than play and grow organically. The lower tier is meant to give newbies a buffer, not for people to keep their gear in check so they never go against full PvP.

9. I understand and this is better than just being queued vs 6k+ ppl all the time!

As an Icecrown player I just feel like I rarely was in the upper hand in terms of power, from 2k to 2.5k was fine as I didnt sow many players with optimal gear and stuff like that, 3k to around 4.5k was queues vs FM players (many times premades) on WSG and AB, never the 40man BGs.

Now 3.5k to around 5.7k vs Blackrock players full pvp gear enchants and gems.

This is basically my life now : https://ibb.co/PzVg0cc

But again I must say this is away better than just being queued vs 6k+ ppl all the time!

10. Now 3.5k to around 5.7k vs Blackrock players full pvp gear enchants and gems.

This is basically my life now : https://ibb.co/PzVg0cc
    Would you prefer longer queue times, but not face Blackrock players? Don't forget in that picture there's 9 Horde players and 7 Alliance players from Blackrock. You don't only fight against them, but with them as well.

11. Would you prefer longer queue times, but not face Blackrock players? Don't forget in that picture there's 9 Horde players and 7 Alliance players from Blackrock. You don't only fight against them, but with them as well.
    I'm not complaining about BG balance or queue times, but it would be nice from time to time to not be one of the weakest in terms of stats in my team

but its ok Im having fun anyway

12. something similar seems to have happened to one of my chars recently. I started to gear a DK on Icecrown to play some BGs but also hang out with guild and friends (would have made a blackrock char otherwise). when my gear was around 5k-5.2k I was constantly fighting blackrock chars around 5.6-5.8k. now that I have reached 5.5k (even deleted some items and am down to 5.4k again, no item above 264, no wrathful set items) I get matched into the highest gear bracket and have to fight BIS chars and get overrun by dozens of shadowmournes... doenst seem right/fair to me...

13. something similar seems to have happened to one of my chars recently. I started to gear a DK on Icecrown to play some BGs but also hang out with guild and friends (would have made a blackrock char otherwise). when my gear was around 5k-5.2k I was constantly fighting blackrock chars around 5.6-5.8k. now that I have reached 5.5k (even deleted some items and am down to 5.4k again, no item above 264, no wrathful set items) I get matched into the highest gear bracket and have to fight BIS chars and get overrun by dozens of shadowmournes... doenst seem right/fair to me...
    Hi Ludi,

From what I understood the implemented filter is to not make you fight SMourne players from the start (fresh 80) and that works, also from previous posts deleting Items is not the way to go, I know it sucks but just think of that as an upgrade, now you are figting amongst best xD

I would say if you want to own in BGs as Icecrown player you have to do some arena/ VOA for gear and ICC for weapons and trinkets first, then all will be fine, alternatively joining Frostmourne realm is a good option as it has progressive PVE/ PVP and players from there do not fight with players that have Items not yet available to farm on their realm.

There is some other small issue related with faction inbalance where more PVP geared people are playing on alliance, or atleast more organized with premades, this is something I have been noticing on10Man BGs Like WSG or AV also addressed in other topics on this forum.
    I think but I might be wrong, this is due to faction specific spells like "Every man for himself " being more atractive and an history of PVP try harders being Alliance but I'm not sure :#

Are you Horde? we could queu together lol