1. Major problem noticed in icecrown bgs

Hello, i'm a relative new player in warmane, i've been playing for some months. I recently got a frost mage that i equipped bit by bit to a full furious (almost) gear, 4.3k gs ish. I noticed that the factions win when they have an high amount of blackrock people in bg, and i did think at the beginning that it was ok because i was thinking that blackrock was a custom title that strong people did get in pvp, but i realized that blackrock is another server where people can get easier pvp gear. Doesn't that seem a major problem? Does it seem fair? i do not think so, but i wanted to know what people think about that, because in my opinion this is a thing that should be reviewed heavily. Thanks for your patience on reading my discussion.

2. Doesn't that seem a major problem? Does it seem fair? i do not think so, but i wanted to know what people think about that, because in my opinion this is a thing that should be reviewed heavily. Thanks for your patience on reading my discussion.
    Some may say it's unfair, but a reminder is in place. You're not only teamed against Blackrock players, but you're teamed up with them as well.
    Also note that gear isn't everything. Skill matters as well. You can always buy gear, but never skill.

3. Some may say it's unfair, but a reminder is in place. You're not only teamed against Blackrock players, but you're teamed up with them as well.
    Also note that gear isn't everything. Skill matters as well. You can always buy gear, but never skill.
    Reminder too is that Blackrock players on horde side most of the bgs are win traders aka Alliance alts that dont do anything in bg just fallow random players and take spots since we got to play with them bg win ratio is 80% Alliance 20% horde in my opinion

4. yeah i get what you are saying, i can say skill counts a little less when you at a 4.3k gs find a 35hp warlock that points straight at you. Other thing is that i can see every bg that blackrock people reign everything in bgs, if the ally has more blackrock people than the horde, ally wins and reverse case. i mean that those people do not have the same growing ratio as the icecrown ones, so they shouldn't be in icecrown bgs regardless if they are wintrading or not. Don't you agree on the topic?

5. Dude. You are making such "crying" post about BGs! Which always were just random meat grinder without any second thought. And i can assure you that there are more than enough geared players on Icecrown alone. You are just looking for excuses.

Competitive PvP play starts in Arenas. There should be no "balance" changes for BGs, because there were never ment to have ANY matchmaking
    Edited: December 11, 2022

6. something say to me that you from blackrock right? btw, it's not ''making excuses'' how u say, it's just searching a little balance, getting rolled over a thousand times to get that little bit of honor point you need is no fun. Also why shouldn't be balance in that? cannot be just a cluster**** of whatever happens right? because if the bg are that, they do better if they remove them and give free furious/wrath offset directly

7. 1. WoW NEVER was balanced, PvP is rock-paper-scissors.

2. Nah fam, i'm not pvp enjoyer to be Blackrock resident.

3. You have all means to farm 232/251 sets without any pvp activity, even some 270 pieces.

4. Trying to "balance" BGs is both bot worth the effort and is heavy customisation + invite for those who aims to getting best gear without being matched vs "tough" guys

8. 1. WoW NEVER was balanced, PvP is rock-paper-scissors.

2. Nah fam, i'm not pvp enjoyer to be Blackrock resident.

3. You have all means to farm 232/251 sets without any pvp activity, even some 270 pieces.

4. Trying to "balance" BGs is both bot worth the effort and is heavy customisation + invite for those who aims to getting best gear without being matched vs "tough" guys
    If you don't enjoy PVP that much then why are you telling PVPers how to enjoy the gamemodes?

There are other ways to balance bgs than to change gear, Warmane just isn't interested, which is fine, but lets be honest about the situation.

9. There are other ways to balance bgs than to change gear, Warmane just isn't interested, which is fine, but lets be honest about the situation.
    Please, do tell us, how to balance BG's without too high cost to outmatch the benefit.

Do note that the geared Blackrock players you complain about, used to be BiS "donors" from Icecrown. Nobody liked it when your 1.8K GS character was put up against 6K+ players constantly.

10. teamed with/against higher or lower gs people in bgs is normal, it feels unfair cz u lose the bgs and u skip the fact that its random, u sometimes get a good team and sometimes the other team get better group.
    You are in a gearing stage on icecrown with that gs, u cant just expect to be teamed/against the same gearing people on a thousand year realm/server. people made it through that weak phase, its just the matter of time to get decent gears.

The only problem about bg is hk farming tendency with zero **** about objectives, but again its been a paradox in someway, cz server been running for ages, people are bis, thus hk farming is kinda the only thing they can do with those bis chars.

11. Nobody is stopping you from playing on Blackrock yourself if you think it's unfair that other people start with higher gear than you do.

Like other people already said: Usually you would have to face just about anyone there is on the servers, but Warmane already put gear brackets so you don't have to face BiS gear people at start. Yes, Blackrock characters are strong geared in your bracket but not comparable with BiS (best in slot) geared players.

You decided to play on Icecrown, where you kinda have to progress and put some time into your gear development (also not comparable to Lordaeron). That's just the way the game is intended to be. If you want to have free gear from day 1 then like I said at the start: Make a character on Blackrock.

12. Please, do tell us, how to balance BG's without too high cost to outmatch the benefit.

Do note that the geared Blackrock players you complain about, used to be BiS "donors" from Icecrown. Nobody liked it when your 1.8K GS character was put up against 6K+ players constantly.
    I usually don't give advice like this for free but since it's you i'll give you one for free. Merc mode was a solution to a problem that in reality wasn't that big of a problem to begin with (in my opinion). Warmane has made their opinion very clear on merc mode. As such there are balance solutions that are possible without a gear change, that Warmane are uninterested in.

Also insanely weird strawman. I don't mind Blackrock or low geared players in my BGs at all actually. If i wanted to play with bis people i just joined a guild. I say this as someone with a combined total of over 300k honorable kills. I just think it's a little bit of a dishonest framing to say that this problem is absolutely unfixable unless we change every piece of gear in the entire game, because thats just not reality.

There are other solutions, those solutions have problems and Warmane has decided the other problems outweigh the problems with the current system. I respectfully disagree, but keep playing. Aint much more to it.

13. The more geared team ofc. Horde side having few lower geared players. Funny how all the PvPer enthusiasts are on Alliance, and just as it happens to be, from Blackrock. Lucky for them when more PvP oriented players with better gear overall gets pitted against not-so-geared opposing team. Few Horde players had potential, but they had full PvE gear without PvP talents or PvP trinket.
    To make things worse, Alliance had 3 healers vs 0.

I usually don't give advice like this for free but since it's you i'll give you one for free. Merc mode was a solution to a problem that in reality wasn't that big of a problem to begin with (in my opinion). Warmane has made their opinion very clear on merc mode. As such there are balance solutions that are possible without a gear change, that Warmane are uninterested in.
    I take a wild guess, you mainly play/PvP on Alliance? Que times were atrocious before mercenary mode. There was also clear prevalence of Alliance winning BG's more. After all, "if you want to PvP go Alliance, and pick human if possible" and "If you want to PvE, go Horde". Least merc mode got rid of the worst que times, and even out faction participation and skill imbalance, as some Alliance players were going to end up on Horde side for the BG's.

Also insanely weird strawman. I don't mind Blackrock or low geared players in my BGs at all actually. If i wanted to play with bis people i just joined a guild. I say this as someone with a combined total of over 300k honorable kills. I just think it's a little bit of a dishonest framing to say that this problem is absolutely unfixable unless we change every piece of gear in the entire game, because thats just not reality.
    Strawman? It was on topic of Blackrock players' gear (which this thread is about). Blackrock players gets placed on brackets according to their gear the same as rest of us. They have no magical "I win" -button.
    People always find something to complain about when it's about PvP. Funny, isn't it? Multibox killing you? Unfair. Blackrock player in BG? Unfair. Everybody joins Alliance to PvP? Unfair. Hardly any Horde practicing PvP? Unfair. Mercenary mode? Unfair. It's like PvP is just simply put, unfair. This guy has better gear than I do? Unfair. Everything is unfair until everything is in your favor and then it's all good.

There are other solutions, those solutions have problems and Warmane has decided the other problems outweigh the problems with the current system. I respectfully disagree, but keep playing. Aint much more to it.
    So... What are your solutions then?

We have merc mode to even out faction imbalance and queue times.
    We have brackets to balance gear differences, but not deleting them entirely.
    Do we really need more balancing to PvP, because I don't think so. And I find these two necessary in order to provide some fairness to PvP.
    I could also suggest to go all out pitting PvP players against each other without the faction barrier, screw A vs H, make it Red vs Blue (basically forced merc mode). Disable premades while at it. The ultimate mayhem.

14. Today there were 2 players from Blackrock Horde so Full PVP geared, complaining they always lose because of Lordearon / Icecrown. That in 5 games they always lose and only made 5k honor while the players on alliance would be doing more then 15k lol

The sad part was that one of them was a resto shaman that ended the AV game with minos 100k heal but maybe he was just burnout from always loosing and not really trying anymore

I wander why would they need so much the Honor anyway xD

12 Last