1. I take a wild guess, you mainly play/PvP on Alliance? Que times were atrocious before mercenary mode. There was also clear prevalence of Alliance winning BG's more. After all, "if you want to PvP go Alliance, and pick human if possible" and "If you want to PvE, go Horde". Least merc mode got rid of the worst que times, and even out faction participation and skill imbalance, as some Alliance players were going to end up on Horde side for the BG's.
    Incorrect, 98% of my time on this server has been spent on horde. I guess the times when we que must be different then, cause I remember instant pops (more or less) even in big premades before merc mode as long as you were horde. Thats why i stayed honestly. I went ally for a guild, hated the que times and transferred back to horde.

You are correct however, Ally was winning more frequently even back then, I don't disagree that in terms of win loss ally has a massive advantage. That advantage was somewhat mitigated (before merc) by shorter que times on horde (atleast during the hours i usually play) and horde pvp was alive because of it.

"So... What are your solutions then?" - Remove merc mode. Something Warmane has said they won't do. As such it doesn't warrant a discussion. Warmane has made their mind up, i disagree but then again i keep playing. It's not the end of the world.

"We have merc mode to even out faction imbalance and queue times." - I don't believe this has ever been proven. It's your opinion and I respect it, but just like you I can only talk from my experience. Main has about 140k hks, again most of it farmed as Horde. Today that would be a lot more time consuming (and im sure others would agree) because of que times and imbalance.
    Edited: January 2, 2023

2. This idea what gear doesnt matter is delusional. Gear scaling from Ulduar/s7 to ICC/RS/s8 is a huge difference.

Take 2 teams of the same skill level in arena and give one s7/ulduar gear then give the other team ICC/RS/s8 gear. The ICC/RS/s8 team will have anadvantage.

Take 2 duel heros of the same skill level and give one s7/ulduar gear then give the other player ICC/RS/s8 gear. The ICC/RS/s8 player will have an advantage.

If that was true then wed see teams with start gear beating BiS teams. Look in the top 10 on any arena bracket. No team is running anything less than BiS.

Gear does matter. If you think it doesnt then your probably playing against noobs.

3. The issue is far different

"i've been playing for some months. I recently got a frost mage that i equipped bit by bit to a full furious (almost) gear, 4.3k gs ish."

Wait until you get to 5.3-4 K. If you are alliance and merc is turned off you will be fine, otherwise (if horde) you will realise the real issue. Its been long time now that ICC Alliance premades literally Farm GYs, they enter especially AV and IoC with no other reason but to farm. Day and night. It is so bad that people claim its actually bots, that also have people on the horde side to stay on GYs and get farmed on purpose.

And guess what, those poor BR players have no opporunity to opt out of Merc, they always get Horde-d and at 5.8 k PVP you are facing 6.7 Full Bis hunters and 60 k HP tanks with 10 healers support. Somehow they have all the buffs that exist in the game, entering with fokin Onyxia head and Winterfall Firewater and your grandma's special elexir for when you sneeze and what not.

First 12