1. Side Hustles

Hello!

So I am a student as of this moment right now (20 years old) was wondering if anyone of you guys have some sort of side hustles for money to suggest? I am a full-time student (Mon-Fri) and was wondering if you have some unique side hustles that might work in 2022, I was thinking about doing drop-shipping but not sure if it is really that profitable now and is pretty much outdated. So please let me know if you have some ideas that you did! :)

2. I may not have the exact answers you're looking for, but I'd like to offer some wisdom I learnt that you can have a think about.

1. Only solve problems worth solving.

When deciding what product or service to provide, you are already putting a dollar figure to your time i,e an hourly rate you give yourself. You've already decided that dropshipping doesn't give you the income or 'hourly rate' to justify the work hours you'd have to put in, this is good, by process of elimination you are 1 step closer to your money goal. Start thinking of what problems there are you can solve, what value can you bring, etc. If you're not solving a big enough problem, or choosing a right problem to take on, money won't be found there. This also helps to set self standards - you will never waste your time on small problems, which is what most people out there are doing/getting distracted at.

2. Prospecting Upwards

When you've decided on a product or service, you would have already considered your target audience and have calculated what is the potential market there (dollar value). Always dream big and aim high. It doesn't make sense pushing something "cheaper" or more "affordable" to where the money isn't at - it's the path of most resistance (people who earn less buy less) - and you're better off pushing your quality and value to where the money IS at (people who earn more, have more spending power, and also tend to be able to see possibilities and value of things rather than just the price tag). Keep prospecting upwards and putting yourself and your product where there's more money.

3. If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go as a team - and your team can be as big as you want it to be.

Side hustles need not be a solo affair. Great things are achieved by leveraging on other people and resources. Think Jack Ma - Alibaba is connecting everyone's business to everyone else's business. Your product/service could be as simple as connecting people. Real life example: in Singapore, many students sought part-time jobs during their holidays or when waiting for their exam results to be out. My elder bro, then a student himself, created a chat group to serve as a platform to connect these students and the many events companies, recruiters, etc. He earned a fee from the employers who wish to advertise, and also took a cut of the hourly pay offered. Just like that, it's income while he's sleeping or doing his own things. Through this, he also knew about the best paying part-time jobs or gigs first, and could take them himself if he wanted, or pass the opportunity to valuable friends (who'd owe him a favor). Later on, as this platform grew and got more legitimate, a recruitment company actually offered to buy it over.
    Questions to think: Is it scalable? Can it run by itself?

For myself, I'm in my late 20s now, I do personal insurance and investments. Example: For some prospects, especially those without an immediate need or pain point for me to solve, it's always about the people behind them. Everyone has a family, everyone has friends, everyone at least knows a someone else. And that someone else, also has a family and so on. I educate them on what I do and the need for financial literacy, and then prime them to be my advocate. When I close a sale, they get an introducer incentive/referral bonus. And this network keeps getting bigger. Rather than just working on your product/service, why not work on your clientele? Don't just think one, think many. Make your team. For the rest of the world out there selling a pen, you are selling YOU and a pen - its a package. People buy you, your person, your passion, beliefs, enthusiasm, what you stand for - your personal branding. People may not always find opportunity to recommend a pen to others, but there's always opportunity for people to recommend you to others.

----

Hope these will help you along your quest to make more bread!

3. It's crazy how one different perspective can give you a whole knew view on things....genuinely is. Never really thought about it like that. This is honestly great, not going to say much, I am much of a worker than a talker, so all I can say is that thank you, I really appreciate this point of view and in a way advice.

Coming in here just asking, didn't really expect much, but instead I actually got something to get me thinking in a new way! thanks brother.

4. I think we all need to earn money somehow so maybe side hustles are usual thing, even for me. About drop-shipping, well good thing if you have a lot of people who can give you merchandise and you know how to plan and make the process working. I always have dream to make money through youtube but frankly i have recently discovered that my charisma doesn't work

5. Hello!

So I am a student as of this moment right now (20 years old) was wondering if anyone of you guys have some sort of side hustles for money to suggest? I am a full-time student (Mon-Fri) and was wondering if you have some unique side hustles that might work in 2022, I was thinking about doing drop-shipping but not sure if it is really that profitable now and is pretty much outdated. So please let me know if you have some ideas that you did! :)
    Cleaning cars that your neighbours have and window cleaning at people's houses. Gets u some quick buck.