1. How good is Prot Warrior for mob (tailoring/skinning) farming?

I currently use a BM hunter with a bear pet. I cast misdirect on my pet and he gets all my aggro, but sometimes the universe decides to mess up my aggro and I end up getting attacked. It's ofc not lethal but it really messes up my Volley channeling and I end up losing half my health by the time the mobs are all dead, forcing me to eat. Sometimes I kill so fast but I can't pull another pack because misdirection is on cooldown. If I don't cast misdirect and also not attack much, then my pet would do most of the damage and you know how it is with hunter pets doing most of the killing....you won't be able loot the mob. The final annoying thing is I use up a whole bag slot just for my arrows, so that's a whole 20+ stack of frostweave I could be carrying instead of arrows.

I considered ret pala but I dislike how they just plain walk, meanwhile prot warrs seem very mobile with all that charging & intercepting. I tried to find one of those full pve 100% arp prot warriors farming cloths or skinning, just to ask if it's any good....but I never found any so here I am asking on here :)

2. The most effective AoE farmer is frost mage. Fost mages can start aoe farming packs as early as level 68 when they get to howling fyord in northrend.

3. Are we talking about a lowie or high geared char for mob farming because it requires good gear to reach 100% arp. Prot deals nice dmg when he's geared but problem is that you have almost no self heal so you'll have to eat sooner or later.
    I think UH DK is probably the best melee class for aoe farming. Has nice AoE dmg and deathstrike makes you able to farm w/o breaks. Also it's not so gear dependent.
    Edited: January 3, 2023

4. The most effective AoE farmer is frost mage. Fost mages can start aoe farming packs as early as level 68 when they get to howling fyord in northrend.
    Yea but I'm not sure how I'll feel about having to watch out for mana, instead of just watching out for health. It's why I went with hunter in the first place because all the mobs are on my pet and mana never runs out.

Are we talking about a lowie or high geared char for mob farming because it requires good gear to reach 100% arp. Prot deals nice dmg when he's geared but problem is that you have almost no self heal so you'll have to eat sooner or later.
    I think UH DK is probably the best melee class for aoe farming. Has nice AoE dmg and deathstrike makes you able to farm w/o breaks. Also it's not so gear dependent.
    I'm trying to gear my prot warr to be at least 80% arp. Idk how much health prot will lose just from pulling a trash pack, but I was thinking of just using a bandage and I guess that's going to be equivalent to a balance druid casting heals after a kill???

Having said that I am open to suggestions to other classes. I'm not too sold on the frost mage idea but the DK one does seem convincing. Initially I was thinking DKs kill slow because they use DnD and diseases only and prot warrs kill faster due to the high arp gear

5. 100% arp prot warrior is not for farming. it's for killing people. better get yourself tank gear or block value gear

6. 100% arp prot warrior is not for farming. it's for killing people. better get yourself tank gear or block value gear
    Aaah gotcha. I think I can do that

7. I'm trying to gear my prot warr to be at least 80% arp. Idk how much health prot will lose just from pulling a trash pack, but I was thinking of just using a bandage and I guess that's going to be equivalent to a balance druid casting heals after a kill???
    Bandage healing is low and it has a cd.
    It's not comparable to the healing of a boomkin.

Having said that I am open to suggestions to other classes. I'm not too sold on the frost mage idea but the DK one does seem convincing. Initially I was thinking DKs kill slow because they use DnD and diseases only and prot warrs kill faster due to the high arp gear
    UH DK deals better AoE dmg than Pwarr.
    You also have the option to spec Frost when you want high single target dmg.
    As DK you can farm without breaks because you have excellent self heals and you can't run oom.

Not sure if Fmage is better than DK for AoE farming. I assume it depends on how many mobs you can pull together. When you have a area where the mobs are really packed and you can pull like 8 mobs at once then the fmage is probably the better choice because he can kill them on distance w/o taking any dmg.

8. You can actually AOE farm very efficiently as prot warrior with the right setup. As always, a good warr is heavily dependent on both macros + gear optimization. Here are the main elements of the prot warr AOE farming set I use:

1.) Use the 2pc T10 prot pve main pieces (+20% dmg shield slam & shockwave AOE).

2.) All other gear is your fury DPS PVE main & offpieces w/ armor pen for dmg.

3.) Opening by getting glyph of blocking up with shield slam + using shield block then macro your revenge + cleave together while using shockwave once groups are lined up in your stun cone area will knock mobs down very quickly. Never turning your back on the mobs will ensure maximum avoidance.

4.) Using the slowest, hardest hitting 1H non-tank weapon you can find + a good shield, preferably with shield block (+ shield block = + shield slam dmg).

5.) Food. Prot warrs don't have an inherent self-healing ability like other classes so food is a must. Even if you only get a tick or 2 of heals in between a pull, it is worth it when you have good avoidance!
    Edited: January 28, 2023

9. Bandage healing is low and it has a cd.
    It's not comparable to the healing of a boomkin.

UH DK deals better AoE dmg than Pwarr.
    You also have the option to spec Frost when you want high single target dmg.
    As DK you can farm without breaks because you have excellent self heals and you can't run oom.

Not sure if Fmage is better than DK for AoE farming. I assume it depends on how many mobs you can pull together. When you have a area where the mobs are really packed and you can pull like 8 mobs at once then the fmage is probably the better choice because he can kill them on distance w/o taking any dmg.
    Yeah I found out later on bandages suck for heals unless I'm in combat with a person xD Now I just chug health pots because I get a lot of those from northrend mobs that I never go below 30 even though I keep using them.

I also did see several DKs pull an impressive amount of mobs, it's more than 8 and they are quite far apart. Like they are smart in using their range spells to aggro and bring them all to them. Alas, I've already invested quite a bit into my warr and even though DK might be better, warr isn't half bad :D and it's definitely better than BM hunter.

You can actually AOE farm very efficiently as prot warrior with the right setup. As always, a good warr is heavily dependent on both macros + gear optimization. Here are the main elements of the prot warr AOE farming set I use:

1.) Use the 2pc T10 prot pve main pieces (+20% dmg shield slam & shockwave AOE).

2.) All other gear is your fury DPS PVE main & offpieces w/ armor pen for dmg.

3.) Opening by getting glyph of blocking up with shield slam + using shield block then macro your revenge + cleave together while using shockwave once groups are lined up in your stun cone area will knock mobs down very quickly. Never turning your back on the mobs will ensure maximum avoidance.

4.) Using the slowest, hardest hitting 1H non-tank weapon you can find + a good shield, preferably with shield block (+ shield block = + shield slam dmg).

5.) Food. Prot warrs don't have an inherent self-healing ability like other classes so food is a must. Even if you only get a tick or 2 of heals in between a pull, it is worth it when you have good avoidance!
    I just got my 2nd t10 piece and wow, now my regular shield slams do more damage than my devastates, and shield slams with shield block on does more than my revenges! That's not even including disarming enemies & bashing them first for yet another extra 20% damage.

On big packs I use shield block and by the time they're dead I probably would have only lost 1k-2k health. Depends on the mob I can always get by with an enraged regen from time to time. Like I barely eat, unless there's pvp involved. When farming stronger enemies I do keep chugging health pots but I loot so many of them that the number actually keeps adding up instead of running out.