1. New player looking for pvp only

Hello, I'm on icecrown create a new character. I've never played WoW but I'm interested in pvp at what level can I started queuing for pvp activities and are the queue quick at most level? Do i gain experience through pvp aswell?

Thanks in advance.

2. Queues at lower levels are slow to non-existent.

You gain a bit of experience from finishing a battleground, but it's negligible. You don't gain experience from killing players.

3. So where does the pvp start should i just buy a boost at level 80 to do some pvp?

4. So where does the pvp start should i just buy a boost at level 80 to do some pvp?

If you genuinely just want to try pvp then start out playing on blackrock, cause it's instant 80 with automatic gear and talents so you can try different classes and specs to find the one you want to play. Then you can work towards building the character you want on icecrown.

5. Avoid Horde

If you are interested in PVP at all avoid Horde on ICC at all costs. On this forum you can see currently going discussion about the broken AV and some other BGs being constantly dominated by Alliance premade groups.

Also create the char on ICC ,because if you go Blackrock, they have forced Merc mode, which means you can ''play'' on the opposite faction when there is lack of players, but in reality you will ALWAYS be thrown on the Horde side as there is heavy imbalance since the merge of server BGs and you cannot trun it off.

Good luck.
    Edited: January 30, 2023

6. Blackrock is the way to go to test the waters. But if you've never played WoW, maybe stick around Icecrown for a bit. You might end up enjoying PVE, too.

7. If you want to play PvP try Blackrock if you dont have time. The most important is to avoid horde at all cost. IF you go horde you going to quit the game in 2-3 weeks. (Nobody enjoys getting gy farm and contantly struggle with the daily rbg win)

8. Roll a Battlegroup 2 (matches Frostmourne season) toon on Blackrock. You will out gear just about anyone who is not from Blackrock in that bracket, and with a few tweaks it is easy to dominate BGs. Warmane has broken this bracket by making it free and easy to twink. Do it while it lasts. For those who are not from Blackrock, avoid BGs until you have enough gear. The lower bracket is a complete cancer for most who are gearing up.