1. State of BG at ally side is terrible - HK farmers all day

Hello,
    so I've come back to one toon on icecrown after maybe 2-3 years, started to playing BGs on ally side and I've seen something new.

Majority of people that are joining BG are not even playing objectives. They are full geared, buffed etc. characters, that only stands on respawn points, farming HKs all day. They dont care about loosing/wining, just wait for enemy to resurrect, aoe kill, repeat. AV, Isle, even EOTS is hardly playable this days, I dont remember that problem from the past.

The funniest part is, there are some players, which were in AV EVERY TIME I was there for like, a month? Morning, evening, night, no matters. Several million HKs, that's like several thousands of HKs every day for like several years, EVERY DAY? How is that even possible, arent they an obvious bots?

Honestly, those BGs are hardly fun on ally side. Idk how can annyone have fun from spaming AoE on enemy spawn point for few hours per day, ruining experience for the other 10-50% of players that want to play actual BG.

What's the point?

2. If you think someone who plays a lot is a necessarily a bot, you are jumping to conclusions. You can do the math and see how reasonable (or unreasonable) a kill count is; I'd say it generally checks out.

Regarding the rest, changes made in the recent years have exacerbated the faction balance problem. Perhaps something should be done but, personally, I can't think of anything to suggest.

3. Okay, lets check it out.
    The character with the most HKs I could find: 4659806
    Level 80 achievement: 02/02/2015

So from reaching 80, 8 years passed (+-). That means 8x 365 = 2920 days.

So we are taking HKs/days, that means:
    4659806 / 2920 = 1596 HKs

So this character gets 1596 HKS (3 full AV of farming, from 100% - 0% by killing players, no objectives), EVERY SINGLE DAY for 8 years straight. How that sounds possible? Bot or several people access to one account?

4. As far as I know account sharing with friends/relatives is not against the rules, but I'm not sure.

5. You underestimate the dedication of some people to randomly farm stuff like HKs. Like severely.

Over the past decade or more i've been around warmane I can asure you: Some people go great lengths when it comes to their pvp - be it "wpvp" or other stuff.
    They pushed stuff so bad warmane staff had to intervene due to things being so bad.
    Just farming HKs in AV is among the least problematic things. Doesn't mean it's not bad though.

6. Lol if you have a problem being on the Alliance side, try Horde, where you are ghost most of the time. Most of the days I cant even get the daily.

Also you are wrong to assume those guys are doing 3 AVs per day. There are days where, no matter the time you login, get in AV and they are there. On top I ve seen BGs where they farm 400+ hks in 40 minutes.

Bot or not, you are missing the point. The issue is not that there are some people playing 8 h a day, the issue is that 20-30 player premade groups are allowed. You are not getting farmed by one guy, moreover usually if you happen to 1on1 the guy he is indeed looking like a bot, you are getting farmed by the group not by the bot.

7. Okay, lets check it out.
    The character with the most HKs I could find: 4659806
    Level 80 achievement: 02/02/2015

So from reaching 80, 8 years passed (+-). That means 8x 365 = 2920 days.

So we are taking HKs/days, that means:
    4659806 / 2920 = 1596 HKs

So this character gets 1596 HKS (3 full AV of farming, from 100% - 0% by killing players, no objectives), EVERY SINGLE DAY for 8 years straight. How that sounds possible? Bot or several people access to one account?
    from what i heard is 4 people playing same toon

8. They can also shutdown a BG (with or w/o declaring a winner) if a certain percentage or number of players leave in rapid succession. People voting by their feet is always a good indicator something is terribly wrong.

9. You should try BG's on horde side, it's pretty dead, depressing and a complete joke. Most of the time youre sucked into black holes of premades, where your team has been leaving and joining from the first fight. And you end up being farmed the whole game without any team or morale.
    It's not a fun experience playing vs full premades and I can see why people give up on playing BG's altogether.
    Normally BG's has been a key pvp element, fun and engaging. But at this point its not a fun experience, when youre wasting your whole day trying to win a daily BG, only to play against HK farming premades, you just become frustrated and feel hopeless. BAD DESIGN.

A solution would be to shuffle all, horde and ally, into both sides. To give balance to the factions and additionally avoiding any larger premades than a party of 5 players.
    It would certainly make the BG environment a lot more interesting, fair, healthy, and breathe new life into the BG experience.

10. A solution would be to shuffle all, horde and ally, into both sides. To give balance to the factions and additionally avoiding any larger premades than a party of 5 players.
    That is the natural evolution of things, given we already have mercenary mode. They can also add NPCs to help premades arrange fights with each other without entering queue.

11. Yes, there is mercenary mode. But if youre originally horde you still always end up as horde in BG, with mercenary toggled ON. And most of the times youre playing these premade trash bgs. It's a complete waste of time, I see why everyone is leaving them, and the poor players who gets to join them, ZZZzzzz. All these BG's are broken and has lost its soul and reason.
    Would be fine if just a few of the BG's were in this way. But since everyone is leaving and joining. And so many premades are dominant and going on. A solution is needed to restore a healthy, fun and interesting BG experience.

12. come on warmane just force everyone that joins as a premade to have mercenary mode on, and dont allow them to queue with more than 5 ppl, the game is unplayable rigth now

13. come on warmane just force everyone that joins as a premade to have mercenary mode on, and dont allow them to queue with more than 5 ppl, the game is unplayable rigth now
    no matter the time of the day there it seems your destined to get stuck in an av premade. the only solution is to just stop doing bgs I guess.

14. If you happen to be on the same team as the AV HK farmers, cap all the GYs. It makes for a hilarious experience.

15. To the OP

Que specific bg so you can avoid 24/7 looney toons AV crew.

For every 5 rbgs you get 1 that is balanced and without premades.

Worst part about premade is they que together to kill completely random group of mostly clueless people with furious gear.

Warmane should add specific bg que or pool or whatever is called for premades only.

Then premade get in bg vs another premade and there they can see if they good at all.
    Cause right now bgs are like having Real Madrid gathering to play vs 10y old kids.

Rbgs are mostly waste of time because its ether av/ioc with same 5 people that never log out farming it 24/7 for years...
    And if you lose as alliance that's because you probably get vs Mercenary mode premade from alliance.
    Edited: February 13, 2023

123 Last