1. Will there ever be progression beyond WOTLK?

I figure after running WOTLK for a while, you will eventually run out of things to do. Once you've done all the raids and dungeons, naturally, this would lead me to believe there will be expansion content? Is that something that will ever happen? Or will this just be running Wrath for the next 10 years?

2. I figure after running WOTLK for a while, you will eventually run out of things to do. Once you've done all the raids and dungeons, naturally, this would lead me to believe there will be expansion content? Is that something that will ever happen? Or will this just be running Wrath for the next 10 years?
    yea they added cata i think, and it died everybody went back to wotlk.

3. I figure after running WOTLK for a while, you will eventually run out of things to do. Once you've done all the raids and dungeons, naturally, this would lead me to believe there will be expansion content? Is that something that will ever happen? Or will this just be running Wrath for the next 10 years?
    Well it's been running wotlk for almost 15 years now so yes?

4. yea they added cata i think, and it died everybody went back to wotlk.
    Back then mainly because it was a buggy mess. Broken quests, bugged bosses, class spells and talents not working properly, crashes, exploits, all that stuff.
    To this day emulation beyond 3.3.5 is wonky af cause even quests involve a lot of scripting/phasing, it's not just simple "kill 10 boars/collect 8 spider legs" like in vanilla. Same goes for raids and dungeons - lots of complex mechanics. There was like one server trying to make Cata work on blizzlike x1 rates and it was still lackluster, they eventually gave up.

If warmane wanted to open a Cata server it would have to more or less the same quality as their WotLK so it's probably not worth the effort given that people are not really hyped to play Cata. There's a lot of doubt if it should even be thing on the official classic servers.

WoW as a whole is slowly slipping into obscurity, even the furries won't keep retail afloat forever and blizz won't be able to squeeze much more money from the nostalgia crowd once ICC releases.
    Edited: January 14, 2023

5. Everyone talks about "progression" from wotlk....how about jumping down a expansion? perhaps releasing TBC/Vanilla to create those nostalgic memories again :)

6. Everyone talks about "progression" from wotlk....how about jumping down a expansion? perhaps releasing TBC/Vanilla to create those nostalgic memories again :)
    They released TBC already and then killed it.

7. Ah, as mentioned above, everything beyond WOTLK is still not coded and done "right". Wotlk is the last expansion where we can do everything without broken stuff. I believe cata might be released once that stage of wow becomes as clean as WotLK. Tho we will see, not a lot of people ask for cata anyway and WotLK servers are still really populated.