1. can somebody explain me why there was a gold squish on blackrock, i mean it makes no sense.

2. Blackrock gold squish was a mistake on our part, as gold has absolutely no value on this realm we will replenish the player gold pools.

• Level 1 and above characters that have not been played since January 2022 will have their names removed.
      • Characters will have the opportunity to choose a new name upon the next login.
    Eh? I login today and two of my characters just got deleted without any chance of giving them new names????

3. Eh? I login today and two of my characters just got deleted without any chance of giving them new names????
    Read the second bullet-point.

4. "Level 1 - 50 characters that have not been played since July 2022 will be removed.

• Premium accounts are exempt from removals.
    • Characters that are guild masters will result in the guild being removed. "

5. WTF, I mean, January was way before July, a little weird logic? And what's the point of writing 1 and above if then 1-50 overrides that...

6. WTF, I mean, January was way before July, a little weird logic? And what's the point of writing 1 and above if then 1-50 overrides that...
    From January and on, all characters not played until now lose their names.
    From July and on, characters level 1-50 not played until now are removed.

It's basic math. The second group is contained within the first group, which is larger and not all elements are contained within the second. Any character that's level 51+ or Premium will end up with only their names removed, but the period of time they can be affected like that is twice longer.

7. Will ther be a ban amnesty or was that idea scrapped?

8. From January and on, all characters not played until now lose their names.
    From July and on, characters level 1-50 not played until now are removed.

It's basic math. The second group is contained within the first group, which is larger and not all elements are contained within the second. Any character that's level 51+ or Premium will end up with only their names removed, but the period of time they can be affected like that is twice longer.
    Remove a lv 49 character, for not being played the past year? My breaks are usually 2-3 years when I jump to play another game ^^

Or maybe you wanted to clear bots and scammers making 20 chars and screaming @ global?

9. Remove a lv 49 character, for not being played the past year? My breaks are usually 2-3 years when I jump to play another game ^^

Or maybe you wanted to clear bots and scammers making 20 chars and screaming @ global?
    No, remove up to a level 50 character for not being played since July, which is just over half a year, if your account isn't Premium.
    This is about cleaning up inactive characters, as the name so aptly hints at. There being bots and scammers doesn't change the fact that if you can't be bothered to log in once in months, you aren't that interested in keeping those characters.

10. No, remove up to a level 50 character for not being played since July, which is just over half a year, if your account isn't Premium.
    This is about cleaning up inactive characters, as the name so aptly hints at. There being bots and scammers doesn't change the fact that if you can't be bothered to log in once in months, you aren't that interested in keeping those characters.
    When Nexon obliterated my decade of progress in Vindictus with the same reasoning, that was the end of me playing any of their games.
    I am always interested in keeping my progress. I lose interest in a game for years, play other games, then make a come back eventually.

11. When Nexon obliterated my decade of progress in Vindictus with the same reasoning, that was the end of me playing any of their games.
    I am always interested in keeping my progress. I lose interest in a game for years, play other games, then make a come back eventually.
    The power to keep that from happening is in your hands and the only one to blame if it does is you.

12. The power to keep that from happening is in your hands and the only one to blame if it does is you.
    Interesting, let me check on a daily basis all the games I play the news feed. Oh wait, they mail me important info.
    But my mailbox doesn't have any email for Warmane gold squishing and cleaning up, interesting indeed.

The fault is not mine, it's a natural disaster, caused by you.
    If I didn't know about the cleanup, I'd lose characters that were started leveling and dropped for other characters /classes.

Expecting a player to log in every month is not realistic, I bet you have steam library, imagine if those game developers delete your progress if you are not an active player.

First ... 910111213 ... Last