1. That would work, if creating new accounts wasn't completely free and done in a minute. Perhaps not you, but believe it, there are plenty who would go creating dozens of accounts and spreading their gold around.
    Hi, I've created 10.000 accounts and gave them 20g each char for a total of 2 mil, now squish won't affect me, right?

Now, let's be realistic, even if you make 100 accounts x 10 chars x 20 gold that is 20k.
    For Icecrown, one who had reached lv 80 can do Sons of hodir for 3k gold+ quests. With 10 chars, 30k

I'd just make 1 account, not 100 and do the quests. Leveling 1-80 with hairlooms takes no time at all on such a high rate server.

2. 1st year i was here not experienced this squish yet, tho joining not long after the previous time it happened, looking at the reasoning behind it i shared my opinion its the F-in dumbest thing ever in the history of mankind.
    Today, after i experienced it last year and seeing how things developed to this day, same as the last time leading up to the previous squish, i can safely share again my opinion that it truly is the F-in dumbest thing ever in the history of mankind indeed.

3. 1st year i was here not experienced this squish yet, tho joining not long after the previous time it happened, looking at the reasoning behind it i shared my opinion its the F-in dumbest thing ever in the history of mankind.
    Today, after i experienced it last year and seeing how things developed to this day, same as the last time leading up to the previous squish, i can safely share again my opinion that it truly is the F-in dumbest thing ever in the history of mankind indeed.
    Good job proving how much knowledge you have about economics.

4. For Icecrown, one who had reached lv 80 can do Sons of hodir for 3k gold+ quests. With 10 chars, 30k
    The head / shoulder enchants for every faction is account bind so it's enough to do it on 1 character and mail them to your alts, but questing is a good / easy way to make gold if you dont mind it but personally I would do anything but sons of hodir due to the enemy faction ganking and competition on quests due to how important of a quest chain it is for every single player no matter what role you play.

5. Hi, I've created 10.000 accounts and gave them 20g each char for a total of 2 mil, now squish won't affect me, right?

Now, let's be realistic, even if you make 100 accounts x 10 chars x 20 gold that is 20k.
    For Icecrown, one who had reached lv 80 can do Sons of hodir for 3k gold+ quests. With 10 chars, 30k

I'd just make 1 account, not 100 and do the quests. Leveling 1-80 with hairlooms takes no time at all on such a high rate server.
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume, like I did for others, that you're simply trolling and pretending to completely miss the point, going as far as sticking to something the original poster even threw as "an example" value, like it's the punchline of the joke meant to save a career.

This isn't about volume, but everyone being affected equally. If there's some "safe" number, newer players without large amounts gold will be encouraged to bloat our database with useless characters for the sole reason of saving all their currency spread over a couple dozen characters. Which of course wouldn't be just one player doing, something full-time comedians always forget. It defeats part of the purpose of the cut if there are certain people not only able, but basically encouraged to try to loophole out of it with pointless accounts and characters.

6. when will the information about the amnesty be announced?

7. You can earn from the squish. For example: buy 3k bag and sell it for 2.5k after the squish. It's about 5k now. Also you can buy chopper parts. If you want to spend all your gold in this way, then buy first all alchemical drugs you addicted to (for the first days after the squish)

8. 50% of gold you can use to make more gold is worth A LOT more than 90% of gold that you "saved", but cant use, since it sits there as bike pipes for months.
    I suggest buying bags and bike pipes as a "side gig", if it doesn't impact your gold milking machine.

9. Sell now your items double the actual value and buy those vendor mounts for "half free".

10. There are some DMGed people out there that would buy those Pistons if you wisper

Them :D

IF you choose to sell why not choose THE MOST DMG whatelse there is ? :d

11. Yes, you are right here. It's a bad idea to spend all your gold in that way. But if you have enough then you can risk making a long term deposit with a good profit. Just leave the required amount in pure gold for free trading. It's up to you how much you need. I think if you have at least 200k you barely keep all your gold in circulation at the same time.
    For those who don't have a large amount of gold there are also some ways to earn or save on the event. If you think about buying a chopper or 20k mammoth or anything else static expensive, it would be better to do it before the squish. Because we will become poorer in relation to the game but not to each other. Also you can put your gold in items which can be sold to the vendor after the squish. As example: rare quality gems from AH can be sold for 3g to the vendor. There is a reason to buy them for up to 6g. Or you can try to buy junk from the fishing daily rewards from other players.
    As you see there are some options on how to act in this case. And the easiest one is not to worry about the money, but just play and have fun

12. It's worse than half

I had a rogue on the marketplace last year at this time. He had 40k in gold on him. When I got him back, after he did not sell, his gold amount was 4k. It is way more than half. Icecrown just lops off a 0 and we are all have to suffer the loss by this practice. I spend coins to get gold, coins cost MONEY. Yet somehow this practice doesn't refund me the coins or cash that I spent on getting it in the first place.

13. Good job proving how much knowledge you have about economics.
    absolutely certainly it's a lot better than yours

14. The current event is a quick 70-75 gold per toon for killing the Crown Chemical apothecaries. I plan to get fast flying on at least one character before the squish, and maybe train up a profession or two.

First 1234513 ... Last