1. The current event is a quick 70-75 gold per toon for killing the Crown Chemical apothecaries. I plan to get fast flying on at least one character before the squish, and maybe train up a profession or two.
    Exactly, you should get fast flying asap, as many people said, including myself, that the vendor and skill prices do not get halved, so they'll still cost the same amount after the squish, with everything else being 50%.

Do the event daily of course, but not for the money. Do it for the eofs and the loot.

There are so many quicker ways to earn 5k, you can possibly do it in a few hours with gathering proffs, even without any professions it's easier than you might think:

-Most simple one: Quest in Northernd at level 80. You'll get a lot of money real quick from the quest rewards, also the BoEs and vendorable items you find along the way. A bonus here is any gathering profession, mine some ores, get some herbs, or skin some beasts while questing. However, this option will grant you basically double money after the squish, since quest reward money also doesn't get halved. But if you need it quick, it's a nice solution here.

-Go to unpopulated Outland zones, farm humanoids for cloth. You'll also get junk that you can vendor, and BoEs you can sell on the AH maybe some rare ones as well. For some reason, Outland cloth, BoEs and their disenchant products are usually more expensive than wotlk ones. A huge bonus here is if you have tailoring + enchanting, then you can immediately make cloth into items and disenchant them. In this pre-squish economy, easy 4-5k per hour if you're quick. Maybe you'll get extremely lucky and find a very rare BoE or transmog item, which can net you tens of thousands.

-Kill level 45+ bears for Bear Flank. It's a popular cooking material and can sell for up to 20-30 gold a piece, if there are not many people selling it currently. Very big plus here if you have skinning, you just skin all the bears, also making them to respawn quicker while making nice money from leather also. If the prices for Bear Flank and Medium Leather are high, you can also get an easy 3-4k / hour here.

-This is only a few of the many many ways to make some clean and nice gold, even without proffs.

+1
    Want to test your luck? Grind the low level dungeon Uldaman for a chance to receive the Pendelum of Doom, an extremely rare BoE. If you find one, and a buyer of course, you'll have 50-80k in your pockets :)

2. 1st year i was here not experienced this squish yet, tho joining not long after the previous time it happened, looking at the reasoning behind it i shared my opinion its the F-in dumbest thing ever in the history of mankind.
    Today, after i experienced it last year and seeing how things developed to this day, same as the last time leading up to the previous squish, i can safely share again my opinion that it truly is the F-in dumbest thing ever in the history of mankind indeed.
    Keep in mind my friend, it's not only the squish that happens, it's also an inactivity cleanup and name resets.

Back to the squish, just look at all the previous squish announcement threads and read the replies very carefully. Some other dudes and I tried to explain it in great detail to anyone having doubts about it. I believe you'll understand that I won't write all that stuff again here, please just look it up.

I have one quick question tho, let's say the squish never happened. Let's also say you just started on this ( reasonably old ) server. How would you feel if your level 80 starter gear would cost you around 3-4 times the amount it costs now? Or a single +20 strength gem going for 1-2k? Old players wouldn't really mind, since their wealth grew and inflated with the economy, but newbies? They would definitely find it odd.

There is a huge, pretty constant amount of pure gold flowing into the economy every day, from quests and vendored items. It just gets generated. Without the squish it would not be controllable.

Not to mention the gold cap of 214k, which cannot be overwritten given the nature of the system. After a while this cap wouldn't be enough.

3. By the way, about the gold cap. How much can you store in guild bank?

4. For deleting of not played characters, name-savers etc - ok. For the gold squish - i will never agree.
    Retail never had such bull**** and i have played end of vanilla, full tbc, full wotlk, 1/3 cata, end of wod and full legion there.
    With thousands and thousands more per realm than here, with its pretty constant amount of pure gold flowing into economy from quests, vendored etc etc etc... So dont tell me it would not be controllable without squish.
    If we say a new exp. release was 'somewhat' a reset with its new prices, new gold values etc - fine. But it happens what, 2-3 years at east? Surely not every 1.
    And lets say for Lorda here take the primo for example - ~10,5 of 12 months its price is stable and perfectly fine, not cheap but also not out of reach for many, just fine. A gold squish gets announced and everybody starts running in circles like crazy with hands flying and rolling eyes, the primo price starts climbing, a month after the announce it passes x2 its initial price and continues rising until the date the squish hits. People are stocking piles of mats, piles of primos etc, inflating prices
    As i said the primo is taken for example but this is applied for every single AH item.
    The day of the squish comes and everything goes back to normal for the next ~10-10.5 months. Zero F-in point! Leave it alone for 2 years you'll see the economy will remain perfect self-leveled.

5. To squish or not to squish. That is the question:) my opinion, if not, then we have to find other ways to remove pure gold from the game. Black market is a good one

6. Additional fixed costs to take advantage of before the squish include bag slots in your bank and any tomes of cold weather flying for alts.

7. For deleting of not played characters, name-savers etc - ok. For the gold squish - i will never agree.
    Retail never had such bull**** and i have played end of vanilla, full tbc, full wotlk, 1/3 cata, end of wod and full legion there.
    With thousands and thousands more per realm than here, with its pretty constant amount of pure gold flowing into economy from quests, vendored etc etc etc... So dont tell me it would not be controllable without squish.
    If we say a new exp. release was 'somewhat' a reset with its new prices, new gold values etc - fine. But it happens what, 2-3 years at east? Surely not every 1.
    And lets say for Lorda here take the primo for example - ~10,5 of 12 months its price is stable and perfectly fine, not cheap but also not out of reach for many, just fine. A gold squish gets announced and everybody starts running in circles like crazy with hands flying and rolling eyes, the primo price starts climbing, a month after the announce it passes x2 its initial price and continues rising until the date the squish hits. People are stocking piles of mats, piles of primos etc, inflating prices
    As i said the primo is taken for example but this is applied for every single AH item.
    The day of the squish comes and everything goes back to normal for the next ~10-10.5 months. Zero F-in point! Leave it alone for 2 years you'll see the economy will remain perfect self-leveled.

the difference between warmane and live servers is expansions. which doesnt change the price of certain items. but it does change the actual items within the market.
    do you really think people on Dragonflight right now are still farming arctic furs for example?
    ontop of the fact that blizzard (because they dont do any squishes) were forced to rise the gold cap for characters into the millions of gold?

besides that. warmane has existed for over a decade now. its not as if they just decided to do a gold squish from year 1. they've seen what happens when they don't and its a noticeable problem.

the fact that people have found a way around this does not mean every single player abuses that, or even know about it.
    I currently have around 200-250 daily active players in my guild. I can honestly say that maybe less than 50 players actually know what the gold squish means.
    the reason why everything goes back to "normal" in 10-11 months is because of this squish. which is exactly why they keep doing it every year.

lets be honest here. almost everyone that doesn't like the squish are the same people that spend 7 months to farm 50k gold.

8. 10-11 months "normal" economy is not true. Inflation starts 3-4 months before squish and it takes 2 monnths for economy to get rolling after squish. Not to mention storing wealth in items, players discouraged to participate in economy, players doing quests for gold instead.
    I mean, just look at the AH, on Icecream there are 6000/ players online, that not even "active players", which would probably be order of magnitude higher. And there are like 20 players selling Abyss crystals. Something doesn't add up, this has been bugging me for years now.

9. For deleting of not played characters, name-savers etc - ok. For the gold squish - i will never agree.
    On retail, guess what, the gold cap isn't 214k and many people are running around with millions. On retail, there are "gold sinks" that make millions of gold disappear in a click. Back then, the long boi mount for example. Or the spiders. Or the black market auction house.

Here, what are your options? You get the mammoths, get fast flying, get the dalaran rings and some other expensive vendor items, and you've spent like what, 40k total? Every other purchase like gear and gems from the AH doesn't make your gold disappear. After this you have no other option. Buying an expensive pet or a mount on the AH doesn't work, your money is still in circulation, just in somebody else's bag.

Suggestions were made to add scrolls or non obtainable tmog items as vendor items for a ridiculous amount of gold, serving as gold sinks. This, however, is unlikely to happen. The most money an item could cost is 214k, since you can't have more in your bag.

I agree with you about how people are mindlessly hoarding mats tho. It's okay to some degree, but you should always leave some nice gold on you to get halved.

10. 10-11 months "normal" economy is not true. Inflation starts 3-4 months before squish and it takes 2 monnths for economy to get rolling after squish. Not to mention storing wealth in items, players discouraged to participate in economy, players doing quests for gold instead.
    I mean, just look at the AH, on Icecream there are 6000/ players online, that not even "active players", which would probably be order of magnitude higher. And there are like 20 players selling Abyss crystals. Something doesn't add up, this has been bugging me for years now.
    What I've noticed is that high demand end-game mats, especially before the squish, are almost immediately bought off, sometimes by bots. I wanted to get like 2-3000 Icethorns to mill for Darkmoon Cards, but the market was dry. I could barely get 500 that were not ridiculously overpriced. Spammed chat that I'd buy huge amounts for the AH price, just trade, just cod, but nothing.

I've just put up some leftover Cardinal Rubies with a 1 silver (!) undercut. It didn't take 10 seconds for them to get bought off. It was around EU morning hours, so not the most populated timeline.

11. I'm very interested because I need to earn 5000 to buy a flying dragon, and I haven't seen gold just lying on the ground yet. Or all I have to do is walk (I'm a little cold in the Borean tundra)?

12. And lets say for Lorda here take the primo for example - ~10,5 of 12 months its price is stable and perfectly fine, not cheap but also not out of reach for many, just fine. A gold squish gets announced and everybody starts running in circles like crazy with hands flying and rolling eyes, the primo price starts climbing, a month after the announce it passes x2 its initial price and continues rising until the date the squish hits. People are stocking piles of mats, piles of primos etc, inflating prices
    The gold squish isn't dumb, the reaction that the majority of people have to it is, which makes it easy for people in the know to exploit and make a profit. Now go back and read that part of your rant that I quoted and think about how you could profit if you knew that was going to happen every year....

13. As an exalted donor, I won't donate a single dime anymore.

I DO-NOT have the time for farming, and I have donated for the gold, I PAID the SITE for an advantage, and now you call the gold squish and AFTER I have paid, you take HALF of what was rightfully mine and delete it?

Don't you even try to say that gold squishing is setting the advantages low by number but is an advantage still, because thanks to farms and farms of bots right ready to screw the game economy again and again, the only ones that get clapped in percentage will and always will be the donors of the site.

Imagine screwing the people that make donations to your site like this.

This has some mindset of some crappy Restaurant chain.

I go in because I have no time to prepare my own food, I pay for a particular amount of food and service, Mid lunch some waiter takes half of my table away because they have some guy in the back stealing and reselling their inventory, so yeah, instead of dealing with their own problems they SCREW their own customers.

14. As an exalted donor, I won't donate a single dime anymore.

I DO-NOT have the time for farming, and I have donated for the gold, I PAID the SITE for an advantage, and now you call the gold squish and AFTER I have paid, you take HALF of what was rightfully mine and delete it?

Don't you even try to say that gold squishing is setting the advantages low by number but is an advantage still, because thanks to farms and farms of bots right ready to screw the game economy again and again, the only ones that get clapped in percentage will and always will be the donors of the site.

Imagine screwing the people that make donations to your site like this.

This has some mindset of some crappy Restaurant chain.

I go in because I have no time to prepare my own food, I pay for a particular amount of food and service, Mid lunch some waiter takes half of my table away because they have some guy in the back stealing and reselling their inventory, so yeah, instead of dealing with their own problems they SCREW their own customers.
    what are you on about? You knew this was coming as it comes every year, just invest your gold in mats and sell them again when the prices have recovered a bit, if you invest in items nobody can take that away, why keep gold anyway if you don't use it?

You sound really petty bro, go and get some fresh air.

15. Oh yeah, here it is the type of guy that doesn't have a problem with something and he's so in deep with copium and delusions that he acts like there is no problem at all. You should go on retail, there they have a lot of people like you there clapping their own cheeks, applauding at every crap Blizzard releases on them.

I play on this server for 6 years, I have faced in silence all the squishes they did, and after all this time I realize that there Is something shady af on all of this scenario.

Bots, mboxers and people like this will ALWAYS be richer and in control of the whole market, there are people that do a living over it and it's not a joke, there are tons of discord servers where people sells characters for real money and it is mathematically impossible that this whole moltitude gets away with it if there isn't someone getting the biggest profit over it.

So think instead of trolling

Now, I won't do for you some drawing of how the things are so you can get it, but for be quick and get into the point:

What is going to happen if, some time after a gold squish, prices going up again for uh. Like, every year for the last 6 years? And what people that don't have the time to farm but ONLY to do some raids and needs to buy flasks and tools for be always useful in raid you think are gonna do?

Ding ding ding! That's right, They are going to buy some gold and in order to do so, they will donate to get coins.

Guess who's going to benefit from donation?

The same people that claim that halving the worldwide amount of gold by 50% is going to be healthy for the players.

In conclusion,the gold that is brought with coins by donation (so not the 72h locked ones) should NEVER EVER be touched by any squish.

Are they gonna squish anyway and screw the players once more? I don't know, the day I'll log in and find half of my gold they will lose me as customer.

And if we were living in a world where people have one teaspoon of guts, whoever donates regularly should do the same for boycotting this facade.

So in the moment there are no money to pay the bills and they have an army of bots and the planet in flames they may change radically by increasing of tenfold controls or founding a smarter method of reporting.

First ... 23456 ... Last