1. It look fair... just a very small tip that would be nice to consider on my opinion... Low level characters for example that does not have more than 20 gold overal in their account should be excluded from the gold squish, that way it wont affect some newbies that dont sell anything in AH anyway and dont farm gold.

2. It look fair... just a very small tip that would be nice to consider on my opinion... Low level characters for example that does not have more than 20 gold overal in their account should be excluded from the gold squish, that way it wont affect some newbies that dont sell anything in AH anyway and dont farm gold.
    That would work, if creating new accounts wasn't completely free and done in a minute. Perhaps not you, but believe it, there are plenty who would go creating dozens of accounts and spreading their gold around.

3. 20x10x5 = 1000g. so a 40man mbxer would save only 8000g, on 400 chars. yeah might as well buy some saronite.

4. And time spent on creating 400 chars can be spent on farming some Copper in Durotar, getting 80'000 Gold.
    These kinds of exceptions wont do anything, except create loopholes and unfairness with 0 gain.

5. so I just started here after like 6 years of not playing, currently lvling and lvl 39 with like 1k gold...would that be halved too?, cause that would suck too...almost had to beg to start with something...

6. Oh come on, stop complaining for nothing. Everyones gold will get reduced so you will be on a leveled playing field. And most people play on x7 realm anyway, it's eaasy enough got farm gold. So let's not make things more complicated by suggesting all sorts of exceptions for this and that.

7. so I just started here after like 6 years of not playing, currently lvling and lvl 39 with like 1k gold...would that be halved too?, cause that would suck too...almost had to beg to start with something...
    It will be halved on Feb 20th. What that means for you is, have 0g in your pockets when they shake you down. Have abyss crystals, dream shards, primos, have eternals or orbs, you'd even be wise to have some leather or cloths, perhaps even some rare gems, but believe me my friend when I tell you they will take half of your gold with no discrimination.

8. It will be halved on Feb 20th. What that means for you is, have 0g in your pockets when they shake you down. Have abyss crystals, dream shards, primos, have eternals or orbs, you'd even be wise to have some leather or cloths, perhaps even some rare gems, but believe me my friend when I tell you they will take half of your gold with no discrimination.
    ty for the tips mate, guess i'll have to lvl faster, barely lvl 40 atm

9. playing explanation

Would you pls explain what exactly you mean of playing?
    is it enough to login or we need to level up or complete a quest or somethin like that?
    Thank you

10. Would you pls explain what exactly you mean of playing?
    is it enough to login or we need to level up or complete a quest or somethin like that?
    Thank you
    just logging in should be enough

11. What will be the best way to mitigate this? There isn't, right, we will loose the gold in any case?
    As far as only the economy and trading between players is concerned, you literally don't lose any value. Everybody else's gold is getting halved. Your gold will keep its value. Everything will be 50-60% price on the AH, maybe some rare and not so common goods will keep their current value, tho.

Hoarding mats achieves nothing when it comes to the squish. Mats don't get halved but their price does. So maybe some might think that it'd be wise to hoard mats, wait like 9 months after the squish and sell them. No, doesn't work. Items will slowly regain their value but so will everyone else's gold. Doesn't matter if you sell a Cardinal Ruby before the squish for 400 gold or after the squish for 200 gold. The value is the same.

What I usually do is like leaving 100k on my characters, and let it get halved. That way I have 50k to start the new cycle with, basically worth 100k in the previous days, but the value is the same. I can buy the same amount of items with that 50k after the squish as before it with 100k.
    That way, I have a nice amount to start with, not like the majority of players who just zero their gold out, being afraid that it'll get halved.

Some helpful tips:
    -If you don't have fast flying or the mammoth or any other expensive vendor item, buy it right before the squish. Remember, vendor prices will not get halved and are not affected by inflation. Fast flying will still cost 5k, no matter that your gold got halved.

-One of the best ways to earn good money right after the squish is questing. WotLK quests usually yield around 40-50 gold each completed at level 80. Again, these are not affected by inflation. This means that a quest completed right after the squish will basically give you double value, compared to a quest completed right before the squish. Quests are generally an excellent way to make gold as a newbie, while getting some neat achievements as well. Doing the Loremaster of Northrend gives you about 25-30k gold, counting the items and rewards that you can vendor / disenchant.

Have a good one.

12. It will be halved on Feb 20th. What that means for you is, have 0g in your pockets when they shake you down. Have abyss crystals, dream shards, primos, have eternals or orbs, you'd even be wise to have some leather or cloths, perhaps even some rare gems, but believe me my friend when I tell you they will take half of your gold with no discrimination.
    Having all those mats, just to sell them for 50% price after the squish, sounds really similar to not doing anything at all and letting your gold get halved. Which is the right way to handle this.

The newbie you replied to should not hoard mats. He should get fast flying asap. That's the best decision to make, considering one doesn't have fast flying yet.

13. So...

...after this event, will us from Frostmourne be able to be moved from that relm to Icecrown??? <3 <3 <3

I love you, Bomesssor. Thank you :D

I'm crazy to join Icecrown :D I'm in Frostmourne yat.

From what level will our charecter removed from Frostmourne?

I love you, Warmane. You are the best <3 :D

14. so I just started here after like 6 years of not playing, currently lvling and lvl 39 with like 1k gold...would that be halved too?, cause that would suck too...almost had to beg to start with something...
    if you are 39 with 1k gold and planning on getting dual spec then buy it before the squish, it's 1000g

15. I hope they will deleted character who dosent played since 2022 January, instead deleting their name, there is so many people who got their names stolen.. back in the day the inactivity cleanup were deleting characters but the 2 previous one didn't did it

First 123412 ... Last