1. Scaling issues

Hi,
    I have returned from a few year old break. Now my set up is new - PC, Monitor. I have freshly downloaded the client as well.
    My scales are a bit off though. Mostly the enemy nameplates and chat balloons, they are way bigger compared to any other item on the screen (spell bars, character, icons)
    Is this how its supposed to be?
    Is there a way to correct this without addons? If no, what addons would do the trick?
    Thank you

2. I assume you've already tried changing the UI scale slider in video settings?

3. I assume you've already tried changing the UI scale slider in video settings?
    Yes. It affects the bars and spells but not the bubble texts and name plates

4. This is actually a common issue when playing on an ultrawide monitor.

Back when this game was released 4:3 was still the norm. We're lucky we got native 16:9 support but ultrawide can be annoying with some UI elements like text bubbles and certain addons. Your best option is getting an addon that allows manual sizing of the chat bubbles.

Another option which I do on my 32:9 setup is (actually using 2 monitors being tricked into thinking it's one) is using sunaura viewport to black out the entire left side and I use it for showing things like damage meters, bags, in game map and such. It also helps max out my frame rate as that part is not rendering 3d but it's still being used

5. You can install TidyPlates https://github.com/bkader/TidyPlates_WoTLK
    this is the only addon that doesn't look "off" on my monitor - they're actually above the mobs heads and more or less in the center if you set them up right

6. This is actually a common issue when playing on an ultrawide monitor.

Back when this game was released 4:3 was still the norm. We're lucky we got native 16:9 support but ultrawide can be annoying with some UI elements like text bubbles and certain addons. Your best option is getting an addon that allows manual sizing of the chat bubbles.

Another option which I do on my 32:9 setup is (actually using 2 monitors being tricked into thinking it's one) is using sunaura viewport to black out the entire left side and I use it for showing things like damage meters, bags, in game map and such. It also helps max out my frame rate as that part is not rendering 3d but it's still being used
    Thank you @willardnigma. Yes, I got a 34", 3440x1440 ultrawide. That must be the issue...

7. You can install TidyPlates https://github.com/bkader/TidyPlates_WoTLK
    this is the only addon that doesn't look "off" on my monitor - they're actually above the mobs heads and more or less in the center if you set them up right

Thank you, @rpgfan10208, I will test it