1. How to restore characters (multiple characters wiped)

I had multiple characters on my Lordaeron deleted. I have been logging on in the last two weeks I had about 5 characters present (I have only been using two recently) after returning to the game for the first time in 1-2yrs. I logged on today and there are only 3 characters. One of the three is a level 71 hunter (Freeyoursoul), but the name doesnt show up. This was my first character. It also does a "failed" login when i try to use the character. How do I get access to this character and my other two that do not appear (a level 10 to 20 paladin and level 50 something rogue)

It does not say I have any charactes I can restore via services. Also, only the 2 characters show up in services, not my level 71 hunter or my other paladin or rogue. Will you help me with this issue.

I also tried to make a ticket, but it will only allow me to make a ticket for ban appeals. Even then it wont let me submit a ban appeal ticket to request assistance for this issue.

2. Read the information on this post: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post3174329

Before you ask, no, characters removed during the inactivity clean-up can't be recovered. Ones that had the name removed will be prompted to be renamed, but sometimes it's not synchronized and can take a couple tries for it to show up.

3. I read the post, but doesn't it seem ridiculous to remove "inactive" character on an active account. I noticed my characters gone immediately. And i almost lost the name on one my characters (level 71).

4. Then you already knew what happened?

Anyway, no, it's perfectly normal, something we do every year for a long time now, and which is even warned about with way more than plenty of advance time for players to log in once in seven months. The fact it's an active account just makes it even more egregious - you couldn't use those chars for half a minute each, while being active?

5. I read the post, but doesn't it seem ridiculous to remove "inactive" character on an active account. I noticed my characters gone immediately. And i almost lost the name on one my characters (level 71).
    WDYM? Inactive character that nobody cared about until it was gone. You could've simply logged on it, and logged out immediately after. This would've prevented the character ever being deleted in this case, but you didn't bother to do that. Why? Because clearly you didn't care about the character. If the character's owner didn't bother to make sure it won't get deleted, then who would? So clearly, it was inactive and abandoned character with no interest.

6. There could have also been a warning message in game about the incoming wipe. I only read the forum posts and news after the fact. I would have relogged on the other characters.

7. I just started playing again two weeks ago, I didn' tknow they would be wiped

8. There could have also been a warning message in game about the incoming wipe. I only read the forum posts and news after the fact. I would have relogged on the other characters.
    You know they could implement a flashing popup ingame which required people to actively answer "yes, I understand what's going to happen" and people would still miss it.

At some point it's just ridicioulus how obvious people want into spoonfed to them to log ONCE in over 6 months.

9. An in game message is a basic courtesy for major server events that is offered in most games, especially for a situation as serious as character deletion.

10. An in game message is a basic courtesy for major server events that is offered in most games, especially for a situation as serious as character deletion.
    We use the Forum and the main page (which had this message "INACTIVITY CLEANUP - Inactivity cleanup and a gold squish have been scheduled for February 20, 2023, more details can be found here" up since January 23, 2023) for communication, as in-game messages can be easily ignored and brushed aside as spam, like Blind pointed out. It's how we have worked for over a decade.

11. in-game messages can be easily ignored and brushed aside as spam
    That is true, though there's "spam" message warning us about "friends" gifting coins or phishing attempts.

Something about inactivity cleanup, or other bigger events could be mentioned in two different places in-game:
    - After/in a login message "Welcome to Icecrown 3.3.5a. Visit www.warmane.com for information." Adding/editing a line "Welcome to Icecrown 3.3.5a. Please read about our up-coming Inactivity cleanup and gold squish, for more and additional information, visit www.warmane.com" |* Could be worded differently, but you get the general idea.
    - At info box in character selection screen.

This way, there would at least be some mentions of upcoming changes in the game.

12. That is true, though there's "spam" message warning us about "friends" gifting coins or phishing attempts.
    And it keeps happening, making that message (or the idea of the info box) a proof that it's pointless in the end of the day. It's up to GMs to decide to add another message, but all it would do is create another layer of the "you didn't read the available info" that already happens with the website and Forum. None of it changes the already stated fact that those are the tools we use to spread information and it's a player responsibility to keep up to date.

13. Why do you think it’s your job to arbitrarily decide who’s responsibility it is.

I’m grateful warmsne provides this service, but I also put my time into this server. It is intentionally egregious to mass wipe characters with only a notice on the forum with No Recourse Whatsoever. Once again I recognize this a private server, but if they are representing a top product then they have to acknowledge that this practice is below the standards set in gaming.

14. Why do you think it’s your job to arbitrarily decide who’s responsibility it is.

I’m grateful warmsne provides this service, but I also put my time into this server. It is intentionally egregious to mass wipe characters with only a notice on the forum with No Recourse Whatsoever. Once again I recognize this a private server, but if they are representing a top product then they have to acknowledge that this practice is below the standards set in gaming.
    And what makes you think it's your job to arbitrarily decide what's the "standard set in gaming"?

Also what exactly makes the practice of wiping low level characters once per year "intentionally egregious"? That you're apparently living under a rock and don't check the website/forums/log the toons once/talk to ANYONE ingame mentioning goldsquish and inflated prices which could lead you to this topic?
    You could also just donate ~10 bucks once and make this whole issue non-existant for eternity.

It's not like there is about 10 layers of possible notifications you had to (intentionally?) ignore for multiple months. Heck years even since your account is from 2018 and this happens once a year.