1. Changing DNS without getting locked

Hi, can I change my DNS without my account gets locked?

2. Generally changing your DNS won't get your account locked.

3. Yeah I know to some of them its true (Cloudflare DNS for example) but not all of them
    Since I live in Iran and there are lot of restrictions on internet I would like to try some local DNS that made for online games to see if it fixes my issue, but I keep getting this message saying "Your account is locked but it can be unlocked".

Thanks for the fast reply, btw.

4. All a DNS does is tell your computer "warmane.com is actually ##.##.##.## (whatever the IP actually is)". It's essentially a phone book, you give it a name, it tells you the number. The only way I see a DNS getting your account blocked is if it's relaying you through some sort of proxy that's been blocked...probably because bots and scammers have also used that proxy to try avoid detection or bypass bans.

Any of the major, reputable DNS's shouldn't be doing anything like that. Google has one that's public and free (if your country/ISP doesn't block it): https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns

There's others as well if you go looking for them.

5. That is precisely the problem: a DNS "made for online games" may resolve logon.warmane.com to some other IP that proxifies your connection and gets you banned (and may even steal your credentials).

From what I deducted after reading posts here, Iran has blocked the IP address of Icecrown, and the only reliable solution to that is using a proxy/vpn/whatever... but not a free one, because you will get banned.

6. Yeah, I know that but I'm all confused too, I'm almost having this issue for a month and I have tried everything and all that reached my mind

But these local DNS has fixed my issues with online games in the past and I'm just trying to see if it will fix warmane or not
    Oh and I should also note that different DNS's give me different results, for example:
    - Cloudflare and Google public DNS: All realms works fine, except icecrown which lead me to stuck in Success
    - Using no dns (or using the ISP dns): Stuck on connecting
    - Local DNS that made for unlocking games: Stuck on "Your account is locked but it can be unlocked" which im trying to fix right now

7. Alright, thanks, so I guess there is nothing I can do other than using proxy/VPN
    The ping is not great and lot of times almost un-playable, but thats the only choice.

Thanks for your time anyways.

8. The server is in France - if you rent a French server/VPS and host a VPN or SSH tunnel in it, latency should be practically unaffected. That would cost you like 3-5€ a month.