1. Wargames for Arena's / Battlegrounds

Hi,

I couldn't find this topic being suggested anywhere and as far as I am aware this is not something implemented already (hence the reason I am writing this).

The current state of PvP for battlegrounds feels like it's very stale and repetitive for most of the PvP guilds and battlegrounds players out there. Most of the battlegrounds nowadays are simply sitting in a queue for a while with a premade group (or alone) waiting for a queue pop to just go into the battleground and fight in (mostly) unevenly matched battlegrounds.

Now what this means is that for the people that like a bit more of a challenge and more "fair" fights this gets pretty stale and boring after a while.
    And for the people who queue alone or mostly without premade groups it becomes difficult to win the fights because of other premades running around together.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying that this is wrong and I am very well aware that you shouldn't expect to join a Battleground that's extremely fairly balanced on both ends of opposing teams. The point I'm trying to make is that people who usually have more experience with PvP here tend to get bored really quickly of joining battlegrounds that are super one-sided no matter whichever ones of the sides they are on (winning or losing). This means that most of these players take breaks or even just stop playing because there is no satisfaction in doing these battlegrounds.

Now getting to the arena part of this. On the PvP realm Blackrock there is an NPC named "Challenges" (A picture of the NPC here: https://imgur.com/a/qEqzkiF ). Whenever you use this NPC it gives you the dialogue option to "Challenge a player". After using the dialogue and filling a popup form with the name of the player you want to "challenge" both groups get a queue pop which says you are eligible to enter a rated match in an arena to face off eachother. This is super nice because this NPC is being used to organize predefined matches without having to queue for a skirmish with both teams and having a chance you face people queueing skirmishes instead of the teams you are trying to fight. The NPC has existed for a while already and it brings me the question everytime I log Blackrock: Why do the other realms not have a challenges NPC?
    It feels like it's an incredibly nice addition to have so people that want to organize predefined fights or events can start matches faster and more efficiently. Adding to this I feel like in a way this NPC could also be altered or expanded in a way that we can use it to also challenge bigger groups to battlegrounds similar to how Wargames work (more info about Wargames can be found here: https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w...;s_a_War_Game? ) because it has been done succesfully before (without the use of an NPC but rather a GM if i remember correctly).

I am not aware of the technical side of things or how this would affect anything regarding server performances or similar things but I do feel like it shouldn't create alot of issues (since this NPC on blackrock is publicly available to be used by anyone) . I also feel like there is really no downsides to it since these matches are unranked and you do not gain anything from them except for more satisfaction and/or fun that most PvP players are lacking right now. It mostly would add a whole new way to play organized fights for alot of people and would make organizing more balanced fights easier and getting into an environment to face off more efficient which saves people alot of time waiting in queues doing nothing much at all.

To sum it up: It would be a nice addition to have this NPC or the command "/wargame" somehow available to players on other realms and also an option (or maybe a second NPC) to create organized fights between 10v10 or 15v15 groups of people in battlegrounds or 2v2 / 3v3 / 5v5 arena's. Some ideas for that could be either adding a second option to the NPC to challenge people to a battleground instead of arena with the possibility to choose which battleground aswell. I also feel like there isn't really any downsides to it (if you feel like you have any please let me know i'm curious to hear different opinions on the subject) and that most people would like this to be a thing.

2. Having a way for premade to organize fights would be nice, but simply forcing mercenary mode for everyone will be a better QoL solution for all when it comes to battleground balance. If they want to get fancy they can even make people queue with a role (similar to RDF) so you don't end up with silly games of 6 healers vs entire team of DPS. The teams can be balanced based on the roles and maybe even a hidden MMR for each individual.

3. New BG's or Event BG's (BG +)

Really like your idea! I main a disc priest who primarily PVP's and I find that BG's are stale, and that I just get my arena wins in prior to logging out, it's repetitive. I'd love anything to spice up the BG's. (Bring back Southshore VS Tarren Mill for example!)