1. Horde PvP scene in Icecrown

Hey guys!

English is not my native language, sorry for my grammar.

First of all this is not a QQ post its only my experience in this half year of playing interested in other people opinions.

I have changed my faction to horde with my main and alt because i was always playing horde and i want my nostalgy :D. However I did 14 WG last week with 0-14 stat. (Cant even complete wg win weekly quest : D) The situation is really scary and disappointing. I've found myself logging on more rarely. Alliance outgear, outbrain us painfully. Doing my weekly VOA is also a real challenge....

In the open world the situation is the same, Alliance heavily dominates everything. In the RBG scene the win rates was approximately 50-50, except AV and IOC. As an only PvP player i need to say playing in horde is awfull even if i love horde way more then alliance.

Does horde have any PvP guilds remained out there.( Quality ones, doing premades and wpvp not farmint lowbies - Not like "Face of Orgrimmar" doing- Sorry guys :( ) I have a decent 6,2k+ geared boomkin. Im "new" with the class, but i did several Rivals on retail with my main back then (holy paladin/resto druid). If you guys know a guild or a community ive mentioned pls let me know :).

What are your experiences about this topic? Only I feel the PvP scene such a one sided affair? Do we have any solution for that? (Didnt meant buffing horde or somekind of b..sh...t..

Peace: Ghorzza

2. What you described seems accurate. I had an alt on Horde but have since moved him to Alliance, and I have disabled mercenary mode on all my accounts for the same reason --- it's simply not worth the time and effort playing BGs as Horde. As Alliance, you can get around 50% win rate when you queue RBG solo, you might even see upwards of 60%+ depending on what you bring to the table. As Horde, it's not uncommon to find yourself on a losing streak because you will be facing a lot of premades/geared Alliance players, and the games Horde win are the ones you are not part of, since those are also premades. So basically, playing solo is very doable as Alliance, but extremely difficult as Horde. This can be fixed if mercenary mode is forced on everyone (including Horde). Until then, your best bet is to either transfer back to Alliance or play premade BGs exclusively.

3. I literally did 0-15 in bg-s yesterday and today 1-3 in WG. Dunno who thinks this is fun. The server has serious problems. The most unbalanced and worst experience ive ever had.

4. Its the issue with the premades on Alliance side is that they freely allow it. I have only 1 single Horde char (currently, transfrred all to Alliance) and never won AV. Like for months. It is similar for other BGs. Not even that Alliance insta farms you at GY even at 2 GYs but also they dont play the objective they just stay there and farm the randoms that the system assembled as a ''group''.

They introduced Merc mode to help out the situatuion after merging 80% Alliance server with the rest. Now basically if you are Horde with Merc mode on, you never get to be Alliance. Vice versa if you are Alliance and decide to put it on (never do that) you will always be Horde, and lose.

Probably we will arrive at a point where Alliance quques will get super long since even if you have Merc mode available you will keep it turned off, so you dont get thrown into the meat grinder.

Generally, Horde player here as well. The saddes thing is that after so many months of this people on the Horde side feel demoralized, they aint even trying, noone believes that for example AV can be won at the evening EU hours. (not that it can during any other time)

As dccct mentioned "moved him to Alliance, and I have disabled mercenary mode on all my accounts" this is the only solution, but unfortunately it makes things worse. Its like a loop. I am not sure if they havent realized this by now.

5. force mercenary mode on everybody (like on BR)- all problems solved

6. They see no problem there, its all fine

7. Roll Ally and cap all GY nonstop and watch the farmers' tear flow. Try it, it's a new game mode and it's fun.

8. I see this thread every week but always when I log in after a few weeks (now even months) I don't see any problem.

As an alliance, we won 2/5 BGs. EotS is absolutely worthless to try. Horde always wins by marginal difference, WG is the same.
    I also played AV and we lost. Yes, it was the farm, but we lost. You know why.

So what? I don't even enjoy playing BG as an alliance because when I play we mostly lose.

Horde always has 2+ healers + tank DK or war, alliance nothing. 1 heal is rare, the tank is rare, 3+ rogues in a group is common, 1+ low geared is common, and I don't even remember some horde player in BG under 20k HP.
    Edited: March 19, 2023

9. As an only PvPer i really think on quitting the server for a while as a horde player and have a break to recover my mental health. RBG/WG is a farm fest, solo queue is a horrible experience. I wont play alliance, my only IRL friend still playing wow is on horde side. The server itself is unplayable as horde, we are a real cannon fodder in WG and in BG-s also. No way just no way Gm-s dont care about this situation?????.About this 2 months of constantly playing, horde is a trash for PvP.

Joining AV/IOC literally 0 player believes we can win, geared ppl start to leave and have a smoke or a coffee. After the first midfight (-50 reinforcs already to horde) 10-15 ppl will leave in 5m. And so on. Im not a give uper but ive also found myself leaving 3-4 bg-s daily. My time is more precious then getting farmed by IDC or Kenzz HK farming groups. This is just longer the queues already, cuz horde is demotivated and pessimist. I cant see the solution here dropping all BR players to horde with half of them around 5,5k gs, have no clue about the class they are playing. They wont care about win or faction pride. They will leave and altf4 and never play that char again while our gamestyle get totally ruined.

It would be amazing to have 1v1 solo queue even if donators would rule it with shm.

The PvP scene needs re-thinking as fast as possible otherwise the gap will increase beetwen the factions and alliance going to have amazing queues. There is already huge issues with SHM on the server, the meta itself is an abomination compare to the original gaming experience. (I can live with that tho.)

I would say warmane is by far the best private server out there, BUT the PvP scene needs improvements.
    Edited: March 19, 2023 Reason: Grammar

10. force mercenary mode on everybody (like on BR)- all problems solved
    That would be fair but then faction pride dies. Horde faction pride is dead already tho :D.

11. I agree with you 100% Pehoto.
    Edited: March 19, 2023 Reason: Adding

12. As an only PvPer i really think on quitting the server for a while as a horde player and have a break to recover my mental health. RBG/WG is a farm fest, solo queue is a horrible experience.
    AV is bad, but the rest of BGs are perfectly okay. I would say I lose half the matches I'm in.

Joining AV/IOC literally 0 player believes we can win, geared ppl start to leave and have a smoke or a coffee. After the first midfight (-50 reinforcs already to horde) 10-15 ppl will leave in 5m. And so on. Im not a give uper but ive also found myself leaving 3-4 bg-s daily. My time is more precious then getting farmed by IDC or Kenzz HK farming groups. This is just longer the queues already, cuz horde is demotivated and pessimist. I cant see the solution here dropping all BR players to horde with half of them around 5,5k gs, have no clue about the class they are playing. They wont care about win or faction pride. They will leave and altf4 and never play that char again while our gamestyle get totally ruined.
    Well, at least you have the decency of admitting that the problem is the players. Why should the staff do anything about that? What do you expect, a Tenacity buff like in Wintergrasp?

13. AV is bad, but the rest of BGs are perfectly okay. I would say I lose half the matches I'm in.

Well, at least you have the decency of admitting that the problem is the players. Why should the staff do anything about that? What do you expect, a Tenacity buff like in Wintergrasp?
    I think you dont rlly get the point there. Its not an even based field to get filled with full starter BR ppl, who have 0 knowledge about the class they are playing usually and also have low geared compare to the alliance premades. The game cant be balanced cuz of EMFH, thats true but still this is bad. Also i didnt mentioned tenacity buff, thats not the solution. The server still has the problems we are talking about mate.

14. All good players going to roll alliance. The ppl who have retail or warmane experience (ive meant minimum 2k+) wont play horde because of the system and the looses. That increase the gap beetwen the numbers and the skill of the factions.

15. AV is bad, but the rest of BGs are perfectly okay. I would say I lose half the matches I'm in.

Best solution is to join specific, and avoid AV and IOC at all cost.
    Edited: March 19, 2023

123 Last