1. Is something in the works to fix Frostmourne faction disbalance?

As the title states is Warmane planning to do something to fix Frostmournes horrible faction balance?

2. Why is it terrible? Because players actually use tools of game on competitive server?
    Or is it divine revelation to you that Horde is PvE oriented and Alliance is PvP? And since very little people care about PvP, Alliance naturally dies out here.

3. As the title states is Warmane planning to do something to fix Frostmournes horrible faction balance?
    Yes, they are wiping the realm in two months. Please make a better faction choice next time!

4. Why is it terrible? Because players actually use tools of game on competitive server?
    Or is it divine revelation to you that Horde is PvE oriented and Alliance is PvP? And since very little people care about PvP, Alliance naturally dies out here.
    I don't need to know why it's imbalanced. I am asking is something going to be done to fix it?

5. Yes, they are wiping the realm in two months. Please make a better faction choice next time!
    Not what I am asking.

6. You are dense one, huh?
    There is nothing to fix here. The moment Warmane do something about racial skills, they make case that will be used against them in landslide of demands to "improve" balance.
    And no, making racials into some sort of traits that you pick during character creation will result in development of "best" builds that will just erase individuality

7. They already do,Xfaction 5mandungeons and alliance gets higher rates and starts with bags, which is plenty enough if maybe even to much since the server is PvE making faction balance irrelevant to the overall world experience.

8. And no, making racials into some sort of traits that you pick during character creation will result in development of "best" builds that will just erase individuality
    I mean, that's already pretty much the min-max meta, isn't it? Every class has it's BIS race, or different BIS races depending on if they're healing or tanking or dps (for the hybrids).

I'm not sure what they're going to do...faction balance is a problem, especially when one faction focuses on one aspect of the game, and the other on a different aspect. I think the goal, then, needs to be changes that will encourage people to play that faction to focus/enjoy the aspect it typically doesn't focus on...or make it so factions don't matter at all anymore.

9. It's only natural PvE oriented realm is going to favor more PvE oriented races. Not to mention the server itself is, well, PvE. You don't have to worry about PvP at all.

There's not big enough carrot to pull people to alliance to make a difference.

10. I think the concern is not about supposed imbalances in racial traits for PvP and PvE, but a macro level of 2 communities (namely the alliance community) are unable to form large scale content stuff with a smaller community, so the idea is that the experience overall will be better if communities were combined

11. Maybe they could implement that racial swap system - basically you can talk to an NPC and swap your racials to the racials of a chosen opposite faction race, say if you're a dwarf paladin you can chose the blood elf racials, if you're a night elf druid you can chose the tauren racials and so on. One time thing, with class/race combo restrictions.

But it's still a messy solution. People focused on PvE will always gravitate towards the horde, it's the same on retail.

12. This isn't really something that can be "fixed." Not without messing with the very foundation of the game, at least. By creating a game with factions that don't have parity (ie. differences being just cosmetic and in background, while with identical mechanical versions on both) Blizzard ensured that people would min-max and find "the best" for each situation. As it is, Alliance is for PvP and Horde is for PvE.

Like rpgfan says, that's the same on retail. Their populations shift to massively on one side sooner or later, and they have never solved it themselves.

"Bribing" players with advantages only goes so far, as we have already tried and seen the results. Making the server PvP again wouldn't make that much of a difference, as it didn't on the first two seasons. Free transfers to Alliance are effectively pointless, the number of people who really would want to move out of the "winning" faction is statistically irrelevant. Blocking creation of Horde characters might seem interesting at first, but on a seasonal server it might just cause people to simply not play there if they can't be in the "winning" side. Swaping racials or whatever in the same line of thought would make the game not be WoW anymore.

The ones who could in fact "fix" it are the ones who have the faction choice, the players, but they aren't willing to do it.

13. PVE tends to go horde because their racials help with dps...but ally races can be better for some of the healers and tanks. One way to fix the imbalance would be to make it irrelevant...all PVE features are available cross-faction. Cross-faction raid groups, guilds, chat, etc.

Giving leveling (xp rate/rep rate, etc) bonuses, or bonuses to gearing (starting bags, mounts) may encourage people to start on a faction...or altaholics...but it doesn't address the primary reason that faction is avoided for PVE: The racials giving the opposite choice a small min-max boost. If you don't want to go cross-faction, you have to address that final aspect. It could be as ham-fisted as a flat bonus to damage/healing/mitigation in instances, but that might impact competitions like the server firsts...you could do the racial swapping, but then "it's no longer WoW"...but the PVE faction balance seems like it'd be easier to address.

Making changes to motivate faction choice for PVP seems even harder...since it's even more directly competitive, almost anything you do will always end up getting the sour losers saying they only lost because it was over or under balanced in their opponents favor. Doing a bonus to honor or arena point gains doesn't solve the top end where you don't need that grinding of currency anymore. Giving a flat faction bonus to damage/healing/mitigation seems like it'd only promote "you only won because THAT!" complaints. Racial swaps might work, but then you're taking out all the RP(g) elements! I don't really have a good idea on what changes to make to encourage PVP-motivated players to pick Horde instead of their traditionally favored Alliance.

14. PVE tends to go horde because their racials help with dps...but ally races can be better for some of the healers and tanks. One way to fix the imbalance would be to make it irrelevant...all PVE features are available cross-faction. Cross-faction raid groups, guilds, chat, etc.
    Everything cross-faction would just create a new level of minmaxing, with a few choice Alliance combinations replacing a few Horde weak links. That doesn't sounds like a fix for anything to me, just a new layer of elitism in the making. People who weren't in the mixmax loop would still be left aside, except now some Horde choices would join in the corner.

15. Everything cross-faction would just create a new level of minmaxing, with a few choice Alliance combinations replacing a few Horde weak links. That doesn't sounds like a fix for anything to me, just a new layer of elitism in the making. People who weren't in the mixmax loop would still be left aside, except now some Horde choices would join in the corner.
    For the min-max progression guilds, I'm sure this would still be the case. For the more casual raiders and guilds (the ones that don't care that you didn't go engi/jc for that extra .03% min max), they're able to fill a slot regardless of faction, and if the player plays well, it doesn't matter if they're doing the min-maxed 12,648 dps if they can do 11,000 that's still viable, follow the boss mechanics (ie avoiding fire), and still pull their weight. It would allow those on alliance to be able to join pugs and fill the slot...some dps is better than no dps as long as they don't cause wipes by triggering mechanics that heal the boss or spawn unnecessary adds that ends up wiping the raid.

12 Last