1. Review the price of consumables in Blackrock

I would like the price of consumables in Blackrock to be reevaluated. Given that we play in the same battlegrounds, it's inappropriate that consumables such as LAP/FAP cost 100 honor points which is a pittance compared to what it costs to make those consumables in the rest of realms.

As an example, in Icecrown a Cardinal Ruby costs 10000 honor points and can be sold for around 220g. That means that, in proportion, a FAP costs 2.2g in Blackrock. But in Icecrown the average cost of crafting a FAP is 75g. Therefore, a FAP in Icecrown costs 34 times what it costs in Blackrock.

2. Best would be to appraise it compared to time it takes to fish up/gather and craft each potion. For example, flying to get to fishing spot, then going to get herb takes 15mins, and it's possible to get 1500 honor in 15mins, so that should be the price.

3. I have considered that, but I think it's more fair to compare the time spent in battlegrounds, since Blackrock characters can't fish or gather. Blackrock characters can get the potions just by playing batttlegrounds which is an enjoyable activity and for many the end of the game itself, while Icecrown characters have to spend their time levelling alchemy, gathering mats and crafting the potions on top of the time spent playing the battlegrounds afterwards.

4. Time or gold cost can't really be taken in consideration, because the nature of the servers isn't the same, they serve different purposes and are meant to cater to different players. Blackrock also isn't all about battlegrounds with other servers either, so this would affect those who just want "quick & dirty" PvP as well.

Can you offer a suggestion that would only affect players who are in cross-server battlegrounds?

5. I understand your point, but everybody who plays in Battlegroup 1 can tell you how game-breaking this is. Given the very low price, a Blackrock character can have FAP on them in practically every fight. LAP and FAP make some encounters (depending on the class) very unfair and should only be usable exceptionally because of its high price.

The only thing I can think of is creating two different versions of these consumables, one that can be used in battlegrounds and another that can be used in the rest of activities, and make the version that can be used in battlegrounds more expensive.

Besides battlegrounds, I think LAP/FAP are only useful in FFA zones, since they can't be used in arenas and they are considered "unfair" in duelling. So another option, perhaps for a future season, would be to use another currency to buy these consumables. For example, make FAPs cost 3000 honor points or 100 [whatever currency that can only be earned in FFA zones].

6. Another currency wouldn't work if they were the same item. The idea would be them being as easy to acquire as they are now for the "gankfest" crowd and duels that don't rule them out, so people could just buy it with the cheaper currency and use in battlegrounds.

A separate item that could only be used in Blackrock and outside battlegrounds could work, but the cross-server nature of it all could make it much more problematic. As the item wouldn't exist in other servers, there might be issues with them even being in someone bags and if someone tried to use them while in Icecrown, for example. I don't know if it just being relatively cheaper (if you just look at numbers alone; when in the context of how easy it is to make gold daily at 80 it becomes just a matter of a bit of grinding, not some outrageously Herculean work of the sort movies are based on) would be seen as justifying all that.

7. yes, the price is ridiculously low.

Intially the cost of "flask" and "health potion" was higher (around 1200 honor for a flask) but I am talking about 2012.

At one point, during one of the many different system used on blackrock, the "honor" was capped to 10.000. (I do not even recall if before or after the merge with molten)
    So, because of that, the price of flask/potion got proportionally reduced.

That old system got removed but the price of the consumables have not been adjusted. (maybe it got only doubled meanwhile but it was not not enough since the origial reduction was divided by 10, more or less)
    that is it
    Edited: March 14, 2023

8. The price being subjectively low in a vacuum isn't really what this is about, though. The suggestion is about it when players from Blackrock join battlegrounds hosted by other servers, which is being seen as unfair compared to how much it cost there.

Free Action Potions have been brough up before by Blackrock players, in the context of that server alone, and it remained as it is this long, so I'd believe it isn't the case of just being forgotten after the removal of the cap you mention. More likely that it's just seen as an integral part of the toolkit certain players/classes/specs/whatever would bring to competitive PvP, so no reason for it to be a hassle to get in a server that's all about just that.

9. I made a post about this without realising there was a recent post already made. Maybe my post can be deleted.

im not sure what the logic is behind Obnoxious' dismissive responses.

the impact of the potion itself is no different based on the server you play on. the problem is the availability and ease of access. after winning 1 battleground you can buy MORE THAN THIRTY free action potions xD, meaning you are able to use these potions as part of your opener for every single combat sequence.
    the potions need to be used as a decision based on value and worth, not a core part of every players toolkit.

Originally Posted by Obnoxious
    Time or gold cost can't really be taken in consideration, because the nature of the servers isn't the same, they serve different purposes and are meant to cater to different players.
    - why cant time or resource cost be comparable?
    - Year round the potions cost on average 33% - 50% of the price of an epic gem, that is equivalent to 3-5k honor on icecrown. the price should be slightly cheaper than this because honor is the only way to buy them on Blackrock.
    - the servers being catered towards different players doesnt mean anything in terms of the balance of time input for consumables.

Blackrock also isn't all about battlegrounds with other servers either, so this would affect those who just want "quick & dirty" PvP as well.
    - again im not sure what this is supposed to mean, the playerbase is a product of the server. people dont only exist here because free action potions are cheap for their "quick and dirty" pvp, they just add them to their toolkit because of the availability.
    - if there is any argument to be made about the hypothetical quitters if a change was made, did anyone hypothesize the people who quit playing because everyone from blackrock is immune to CC? xD

Can you offer a suggestion that would only affect players who are in cross-server battlegrounds?
    - i dont see why a change has to specifically target cross server bg blackrock players. what is the issue with it having an effect on duelers? duelers would still currently have to farm honor somehow to get the potions (albeit not very much). if the duelers truely dont want to do any BG's ever, then they have to live without the potions regardless of the cost.
    - alternatively, there could be vendors in the duel areas that give free consumables while in that area which are deleted when you leave?
    - alternatively, there could be a local buff in the duel area that any consumables used give you the effect but refund the consumable?

Another currency wouldn't work if they were the same item. The idea would be them being as easy to acquire as they are now for the "gankfest" crowd and duels that don't rule them out, so people could just buy it with the cheaper currency and use in battlegrounds.
    - im not sure why they MUST be just as easy to acquire as they are now. that just seems like a cop out to refuse a suggestion or make extra work for the devs to appease a small niche of players.
    - why cant they be more expensive for duelers too? maybe i just have a bias because i think its a kinda cheese strategy for dueling xD. if people want to practice duels with OP potions then make them farm it xD. lets not forget that they would have had to farm the honor for the potions currently, it would just be at a slower rate and a higher ratio of BGs:Duels.

The price being subjectively low in a vacuum isn't really what this is about, though. The suggestion is about it when players from Blackrock join battlegrounds hosted by other servers, which is being seen as unfair compared to how much it cost there.
    - i dont think anyone was concerned about the price in a vacuum, because the server is not a vacuum. there is cross server BG's and they do exist, so there is a problem.

Free Action Potions have been brough up before by Blackrock players, in the context of that server alone, and it remained as it is this long, so I'd believe it isn't the case of just being forgotten after the removal of the cap you mention.
    - oh i didnt know it had been brough up before, and its stayed the same this whole time? i guess we can get rid of the suggestions forum entirely since warmane already exists the way it does xD

More likely that it's just seen as an integral part of the toolkit certain players/classes/specs/whatever would bring to competitive PvP, so no reason for it to be a hassle to get in a server that's all about just that.
    - as far as i am aware, shadowmourne is an integral part of the toolkit of certain players/classes/specs/whatever. so no reason for it to be a hassle to get in a server that is all about just that. xD ?

while writing this post, my thread was already deleted so i guess ill add some comments here.

Yes. the prevalence of these potions has quickly become a problem. idk when the changes were made to the blackrock vendors, but they were never this popular. it is at the point where friends are making blackrock alts just for the cheap free action potion gameplay. every blackrock hunter is able to kite with impunity from their usual class counters. every warrior is using it as part of their opener. half the classes in the game are able to be countered by a potion.

The potion itself is clearly part of the problem, but its in the game and it exists so it makes sense to keep it and allow the use of them.
    The issue comes in the ease of access. winning one single battleground can net you more than 3k honor easily. that means you can get 30 potions in 10-20mins, and everybody on blackrock can do this at the same time without any limits. on any server where it is crafted from a material there will always be a limit to how many materials can exist per hour based on spawn timers and farm rates.
    The more popular the potions become, and the more exposure to the potions we get, the more people are going to buy them on other realms and the more obvious the cheap price on blackrock will become.

can anyone tell me when the blackrock vendors/honor prices were changed? this seems like a pretty recent development, but maybe ive just been oblivious to them for a while? xD

10. - oh i didnt know it had been brough up before, and its stayed the same this whole time? i guess we can get rid of the suggestions forum entirely since warmane already exists the way it does xD
    This is the only part I'll bother addressing, as it's related to Forum rules, because after this...
    - as far as i am aware, shadowmourne is an integral part of the toolkit of certain players/classes/specs/whatever. so no reason for it to be a hassle to get in a server that is all about just that. xD ?
    ... it's clearly not worth the time.

The first two items in Suggestions rules, that apply to any and all suggestions in general, are the following and should be self-explanatory (if they aren't, even more reason to stick to only this):

"Denied or declined suggestions

• Do not re-post them when they have been locked or deleted.
    • If you have seen a suggestion denied in the past, do not re-post it hoping for some luck. Making little adjustments while the main idea remains the same isn't a new suggestion. It will be denied again."

11. oh, im not complaining that my post was deleted, i just had it open in a 2nd tab to repost thoughts here before i was going to delete it anyway :P

and im sure you can appreciate the sarcasm in the two quotes you made. xD
    not sure why you quoted and responded to the only two clearly obtuse comments i made, when i responded to most of what you said xD

do you know how recently the blackrock vendors were changed? i'd like to know how long theyve been in the current state.
    Edited: March 20, 2023