1. Is Sacred Shield working correctly or not?

Sacred Shield tooltip says "Each time the target takes damage they gain a sacred shield... once every 6 sec." but not all damage causes it to proc.

Examples that doesn't proc Sacred Shield: (probably more exists)
    Siege Vehicles like Demolisher when they are shooting, I think their melee attack procs it.
    WG Cannons at fort and towers.
    Starfall splash damage (getting hit by a star procs Sacred Shield but getting hit by splash damage does not trigger it even if it ready to trigger).
    Hurricane.

Is that a bug or is it how it was working in WOTLK?

It is a lot of absorb that we miss out on, especially when getting sniped by cannons in WG or when only siege is attacking us so nothing else gets to proc the absorb. (also since there is delay between cannon/siege attacks it should be quite easy to benefit from the +50% crit chance on flash of light when it procs, so missing out on a lot of healing also)

I made a bug report about it but as I said both here and in the bug report, I don't know how it actually is supposed to work even though the tooltip says it should be each time damage is taken (max once every 6 sec), so according to the tooltip any damage should proc it

2. You can read more about how it should work here in comments https://www.wowhead.com/wotlk/spell=...hield#comments

They say : it does NOT proc off environmental damage.(lava, campfires, esc)

so that my be the cause why cannons and hurricane don't trigger it

3. Cannons and hurricane are not enviromental damage...