1. What makes the Horde so HORRENDOUSLY BAD AWFUL at PvP? (Legit question)

Hello,

First off, no this is not a troll post made to mock the Horde, this is a very legit question asking for a legit answer.

I have a bunch of characters on Lordaeron, all of them on Horde, above 6.3, some BIS, a few with LoD achiev, so on the PvE part of the game, i feel pretty comfortable. I also have 2 characters with pretty nice PvP gear : a Feral Cat and a Fire Mage, both of them above 6k, with 1.1k resilience.

I'll admit, i'm certainly not a PvP Chad. I know a few things, but it's nowhere near my knowledge of the PvE side of WotLK.
    I would consider myself average at best at PvP.

Now, to the matter at hand :
    Every time i have a PvP phase, that is.. when i feel like breaking the repeatitiveness of PvE, i chain a few BGs for a few hours, and almost every time, not only does the Horde lose gruesomely (which i fully expect whenever i join a BG at this point), but the Horde also gets farmed within the BG by the Alliance.
    It means : stuck on the floating rock where we spawn in EotS, or farmed in the graveyard near the Horde base in AV, etc...

Needless to say, it is beyond humiliating and frustrating, if only because it is impossible to get out of there without encuring a 15min deserter buff, and even if i move away from the Spirit Healer in ghost form inside the BG to avoid an insta death at the graveyard, i also eventually get kicked with a deserter debuff after a few minutes of not rezzing anyway...

So there really is no way out of this, it's either get farmed or get a deserter debuff.

It is truly painful as far as video games go.

So i took the time to check other players' gear because i needed a reason as to why we keep losing like that. However, i was surprised to see that a vast majority of the people i inspected had decent gear.... or at least PvP gear. Their talents seemed fine too, to my knowledge.

I also thought to myself, it's impossible to face an Alliance premade every single time, so there HAS to be something else...
    And so, i noticed that :
    1/ The Alliance ALWAYS moves together, as a group.
    2/ The Alliance ALWAYS has a bunch of healers topping the whole raid up.
    3/ The Alliance has 1 more offensive trinket for each player because everyone rolls Human...

And in my experience, the Horde rarely moves together, everybody just seems to run around, completely lost, trying to avoid getting killed by the Alliance bus...
    Also, The Horde dosesn't have as many healers it seems. As for the free trinket racial, well... I still don't understand more than a decade after WotLK retail released why the devs decided to give such an obviously utterly overpowered racial to Humans, but whatever, i guess.

But again, this alone cannot be the reason why we get destroyed 90% of the time. Destroyed AND FARMED.
    I mean, this is the first server i've been, Retail of Private, where i've seen such a gap in dominance between the 2 factions.

So i decided to come to the forums and ask the community its oppinion.
    Again, i'm not trolling, i'm legit asking.
    Please don't turn this thread into a flame war, this is not the goal.

What's your opinion on the matter?
    Why does the Horde lose so much, and more importantly, in such a terrible fashion?
    Edited: March 23, 2023

2. 1 reason its because on horde side druids, priest ad paladins always go dps in bg and on alliance side they always have the resto druids, you play a feral cat youself and dps druids are completly useless in bgs, druid is the worst class out of 10 choices in PVP, and playing a dps druids its even worse

3. Imagine if they made it so you can choose racial skills of a different race.

4. I haven't played in nearly a decade but it was true then too lol. You actually ARE facing a lot of premades. The may only be 3-5 players ha half of the time but that's usually more than necessary. I always had every class on both factions and in all servers. I can also say most pvpers play ally to be human or have human arena partners. With the only major exception being this couple in guild, I tend to play more more because I knew now interesting people there.

If you want to win more.. Queue with one or two people, one a healer. And NEVER deviate from objectives. Perhaps you did that already in which case I can only say.. Roll ally?

5. Because most of their PvP practice comes from camping flight routes when they know people have gone afk for the flight

6. You always lose bg because you're bad at game thats it. Feral is quite useless on bg as well as fire mage and on top of that as you said you're average at pvp which means you're bad. I myself have 2 alliance character and 1 horde character and i got a disgusting lose streaks on all of them including alliance, like 6 in a row. As i know blackrock players cant event remove their mercenary mode, also horde players on lordaeron cannot enable mercenary mode to play on alliance... though alliance lordaeron has that option, but since i dont wanna play ugly cow female or something that is not blood elf i never use mercenary mode as alliance.
    So the advice for you - dont play feral on bg go resto or moonkin so like that you can be useful even if you're bad. Fire mage just dont have any dps, go arcane 1400haste double dps trinket low resilience. Also try playing at different times.

7. You will lose most BGs as Horde solo-queue. The only way to fix that is to form premades. If you are from Blackrock, you get placed on Horde team 90% of the time. If you are Alliance on Icecrown or Lordaeron, you can expect to win about half of your BGs solo-queue.

8. You will lose most BGs as Horde solo-queue. The only way to fix that is to form premades. If you are from Blackrock, you get placed on Horde team 90% of the time. If you are Alliance on Icecrown or Lordaeron, you can expect to win about half of your BGs solo-queue.
    Half? What do you mean, since I joined Alliance its all day AV wins. I dont even need to contribute and bust my a** like I used to on Horde. This guys are farming GYS nonstop. Moving from Horde to Alliance feels like you are God. Before I felt we win 0% of AVs, now I havent lost a single AV in weeks. Just transfer lol. GMs are ok with the GY farming, people are not even trying to do something on Horde, they gave up long ago.

9. Half? What do you mean, since I joined Alliance its all day AV wins. I dont even need to contribute and bust my a** like I used to on Horde. This guys are farming GYS nonstop. Moving from Horde to Alliance feels like you are God. Before I felt we win 0% of AVs, now I havent lost a single AV in weeks. Just transfer lol. GMs are ok with the GY farming, people are not even trying to do something on Horde, they gave up long ago.
    if you're going solely based off of AV, yeah, alliance runs many premades to farm HKs in AV. our lord and savior, kenzz, only runs with premades so they can GY farm and get our lord and savior, kenzz, more HKs than anyone else. he's up to 4.9 million HKs now! all praise kenzz!

10. Reason is very simple.
    People who want to play PVP seriously will choose Alliance, while players who choose to play horde prefer to play PVE. Mostly because of racials, Alliance has humans that as you mentioned have powerful PVP racial ability thats why PVP minmaxxers choose human. While horde classes offer racials that are more useful in PVE (Orcs have AP/SP boost cooldown while trolls have haste boost, taurens meanwhile have bonus HP that makes them nice for WOTLK tank minmaxxers).

At the end the state of 2 factions is that Alliance is full of dedicated PVP players while horde players are mostly PVE-ers that go for PVP content occasionaly.

11. The fix is simple: Force mercenary mode on everyone, including Horde.

But it's not gonna happen. So either reroll as Alliance on Icecrown/Lordaeron, or twink Frostmourne battlegroup.

12. I've been leveling to a point I just reached level 49 with my warrior on the alliance and I have to say that the horde in Lordaeron is pretty lame.
    Why is that? well... 99% of their player base, pvp only if they have like 10 levels of advantage or are accompanied by an 80.
    Funny enough.. most of them are bad imo, based on how I'm being able to kill even with 9 levels of difference.

The thing is the alliance has the best racial for pvp and the horde has the best racials for pve. ¯_(?)_/¯

13. May 30, 2023  
    Reason is very simple.
    People who want to play PVP seriously will choose Alliance, while players who choose to play horde prefer to play PVE. Mostly because of racials, Alliance has humans that as you mentioned have powerful PVP racial ability thats why PVP minmaxxers choose human. While horde classes offer racials that are more useful in PVE (Orcs have AP/SP boost cooldown while trolls have haste boost, taurens meanwhile have bonus HP that makes them nice for WOTLK tank minmaxxers).

At the end the state of 2 factions is that Alliance is full of dedicated PVP players while horde players are mostly PVE-ers that go for PVP content occasionaly.
    this is actually the true reason, all serious and dedicated PVP players go Humans (Alliance) for the free PVP trinket (the human racial), so this will always be the case. one way to fix it is the mercenary mode but it won't fix world PVP or arenas.

14. May 31, 2023  
    Reason is very simple.

yep, this is exactly the reason. double dps trinkets procs are just so good. and other racials aswell, shadowmeld and escape artist can get u out of sticky situations, dwarf racial will make dks waste runes, draenei's racial is basically u get free hit gems/enchants.
    Edited: May 31, 2023

15. June 1, 2023  
    Joining specific battlegrounds may help you, especially if you join WSG-AB-EOT, unless you jump into an ally premade but you can't predict that with a shared battleground system.

IOC and AV are just hk farming camps right now (and for the last two years).

12 Last