1. beginning pvp

hi guys, i play as combat rogue still gearing around 4.9k gs and want to start to play some pvp, the question is: do i have to build an entire build before playing it or i'm able to have some fun starting with pve gear? (i'm currently getting some eot/voa pvp items as i've already bought everything for pve)

2. Have fun with combat for now and make sure you do 10 arena games each week for points. 4.9k is not even close to start serious arena I advise you to get above 5.5 (its low still.). Best time to start would be when you have 2x 264+ ilvl weapon with a pvp build (sub/muti), combat is for memes.

3. 4.9k gs is plenty for starting battlegrounds. You can also do some arena but I'd recommend finding someone to carry you in arena just for the currency. I haven't played here in 7 years or so but thus should be valid is everything works...

Gear goals: highest ilvl weapons you can acquire and pvp hit cap and pvp trinket if you're not human. After that, acquire an on use trinket for coordinated burst or whatever the best burst trinket you can acquire is. After that, aim for the rest of your gear. You can find skilled rogues that are able to win duels vs many classes with just good weapons and hit cap(assuming hit still works)

Training goals: get keybindings asap! There are keybinding guides here, even one I made once upon a grand old time on one of my other accounts. Also, perhaps do a YouTube search for how to successfully stun lock or other cool little rogue tricks like cheap shot without breaking sap or garrote that won't break till first tick. Duel people and tell them to hold forward after the first sap. If you fail at any time during the stun lock practice, they'll move forward. After that, Google the crowd control effects of possible arena partners and learn how to combine yours with theirs, keeping in mind diminishing returns

In bgs, especially with more gear, follow objectives. Killing is rarely more important. Also as a rogue you can stun lock a flag carrier till more geared people catch up. You can annoy donor nabs like me while type stealth to distract them from doing anything important and looking for you. If you die, so what, you kept them them off your team or objectives

I agree with the other guy, I played sub and muti and recommend them. But go ahead and play combat if you prefer.

Also, to answer in terms of using pve gear, is actually recommended to use some, more as rogue.

Hope I helped, it's been a minute though