1. May 31, 2023  
    If you put it that way, adding free personal rates selection with no possible benefit for the original x1 rate would only be applicable to very few players.
    Of course, naturally, as it should be. It's the sort of thing that has been offered as an option, meant for those who truly are more interested in the full leveling experience than in keeping up with those going as fast as they can.

Look at it as something like twinking. The option is there, nothing is done against or to prevent it in any way, but there aren't and shouldn't be any incentives for doing it. It's a personal choice a player makes for how they want to experience the game. Imagine if we started giving twinks bonuses and advantages to get more people doing it, the mess it would turn into.

2. May 31, 2023  
    Imagine if we started giving twinks bonuses and advantages to get more people doing it
    Is having a special (and deserved) title such a big and unfair advantage over other players?

3. May 31, 2023  
    Is having a special (and deserved) title such a big and unfair advantage over other players?
    I'm talking in general, not specifically about a title.

About it being "deserved," that's wildly subjective. In my personal opinion, it's simply unnecessary. You made a choice to handicap yourself. Go you, I guess? People are free to create their own "challenges" to complete or achieve whatever in some way, and they have done so (the whole "hardcore" is out there to prove it), but that shouldn't mean going Guinness Book and giving titles to the guy who killed 10000 boars unarmed, you know? In the context of variable rates, you should play at x1 because you want to, period.

4. May 31, 2023  

5. May 31, 2023  
    Are you saying that you're making new realm?

6. May 31, 2023  
    Are you saying that you're making new realm?
    Are you saying that you can't read properly?
    It's literally what this thread is about, how can you not get that lol.

7. May 31, 2023  
    Are you saying that you can't read properly?
    It's literally what this thread is about, how can you not get that lol.
    I havent read the whole topic so i wanted to ask. And simple answer would be enough instead of playing smart

8. May 31, 2023  
    Of course, naturally, as it should be. It's the sort of thing that has been offered as an option, meant for those who truly are more interested in the full leveling experience than in keeping up with those going as fast as they can.

Look at it as something like twinking. The option is there, nothing is done against or to prevent it in any way, but there aren't and shouldn't be any incentives for doing it. It's a personal choice a player makes for how they want to experience the game. Imagine if we started giving twinks bonuses and advantages to get more people doing it, the mess it would turn into.
    I am sure x1 players would love to see 99% of the population fully geared and with lots of alts for all professions and what not, inflation and exclusion from serious instances due to low GS.

9. May 31, 2023  
    I am sure x1 players would love to see 99% of the population fully geared and with lots of alts for all professions and what not, inflation and exclusion from serious instances due to low GS.
    It's a player choice and you have to deal with the handicaps your choice will impose on you, be it right away or over time. This is a textbook case of "can't have your cake and eat it too" applied to variable rates, either you want to enjoy the view or you want to keep up with the people rushing. It would be the same if someone on max rates came complain that he wanted starter quests to still be meaningful, and have enemies and rewards fitting to their level, to progress at a regular pace through the story.

10. May 31, 2023  
    Or we could also have 2 weeks of x1 rate on the server launch. That would also give everyone their chance to stay on par.

11. May 31, 2023  
    I'm severely late to this thread as I just started playing this week. Is there a date for the Progressive Realm? Once again I apologize, just 52 pages is a lot to go through.

12. May 31, 2023  

goes both ways

It's a player choice and you have to deal with the handicaps your choice will impose on you, be it right away or over time. This is a textbook case of "can't have your cake and eat it too" applied to variable rates, either you want to enjoy the view or you want to keep up with the people rushing. It would be the same if someone on max rates came complain that he wanted starter quests to still be meaningful, and have enemies and rewards fitting to their level, to progress at a regular pace through the story.
    If that is the case, and since we all forgot that the game is actually supposed to be 1x, how about we have it changed a bit further: insta level 255; all gear in the game available for free; teleportation to dozens of custom locations available for all classes; free unlimited gold, mats and recipes; custom riding speed of up to 500% and the ability to learn all professions at max level instantly. Of course, for those who prefer the hard work of getting things the old fashion way, they are free to do so, it's their choice to deal with the "handicaps" as you call them.

13. May 31, 2023  
    If that is the case, and since we all forgot that the game is actually supposed to be 1x
    It's also supposed to have a monthly fee.

14. May 31, 2023  
    If that is the case, and since we all forgot that the game is actually supposed to be 1x, how about we have it changed a bit further: insta level 255; all gear in the game available for free; teleportation to dozens of custom locations available for all classes; free unlimited gold, mats and recipes; custom riding speed of up to 500% and the ability to learn all professions at max level instantly. Of course, for those who prefer the hard work of getting things the old fashion way, they are free to do so, it's their choice to deal with the "handicaps" as you call them.
    I will not play on the server if it's x1 and I will not play on the server if it's insta max level.

The world is not black and white ;)

15. June 1, 2023  
    I will not play on the server if it's x1
    I am curious why? In 3.3.5 you can get to 60 in like 2-3 days? It is really that slow for you that is deal breaker?

First ... 242505152535462 ... Last