1. July 7, 2023  
    Btw, i don't mean to sound disrespectful, i am just trying to make sure you see what the average outsider will see. You cannot change what has been said or what slanderous things have been stated, you can however change what will be said through your intentions and good will.

I cannot stress this enough, people are dying to play a progressive server, with no layering or extreme lag, like they do in retail classic. People want community and regardless of what the vocal minority say, we want there to be a longer period in which to grind things than we want methods to skip them. Because once the magic ends and the next expansion released only then will people appreciate what they had and they will be grateful that you done everything you could to increase the time they could spend in that era. As opposed to selling catch up mechanics one patch after the next.

There is an absolutely ravenous horde of hungry classic and retail players just begging for a progression server like you mentioned. You really will make the money you need and then some, if you offer some of the above that i mentioned. Cause who the hell wants to grind for weeks day and night to buy the epic riding skill? :D

2. July 7, 2023  
    I want to grind for weeks day and night to buy the epic riding skill.
    Also I want to play BG for 10 hours per day to reach rank 14 (maybe that's enough only for rank12 though).
    And many other things.

3. July 7, 2023  
    This is an interesting post, am i to assume then that there will be both, servers that will offer gear such as BiS gear on some servers just before the tiers go into effect and that there will also be servers that do not? Clearly there will be more than 1 server
    I don't know where that assumption came from - couldn't find something in the post you quoted implying that - but I can't picture that being the plan. We have had an experience opening two servers when an expansion was released, and ended up merging both into one not too long after. Unless there was overwhelming (say, a full server with 10k+ queue?) and stable demand (as the example, we already catered to apparent demand that didn't last), I don't see there being a second server, much less one to separate into two different models and dillute the player base. My expectation would be something in a model similar to what was used in Frostmourne, with gear being made available after it has been farmed to a certain amount. Perhaps with some tweaks here and there, but definitely not like Lordaeron.

4. July 7, 2023  
    perhaps with some tweaks here and there, but definitely not like lordaeron.
    q____q :((((

5. July 7, 2023  
    Actually when I think about it, I don't even have time to play on a server like Lordaeron. I flunked my sophomore year of college in 2015/16 because of it. Maybe it's time to change teams and start asking for a 7x server KEKW

6. July 7, 2023  
    I'd even prefer monthly/yearly subscription or one-time fee over donation store.

7. July 7, 2023  
    I think you sould Refresh Lordaeron with new FRESH Hardcore 1-3x Realm while we wait for vanilla! and Merge it to Lordaeron when the progression would be finish in 1 year!

8. July 8, 2023  
    I'd even prefer monthly/yearly subscription or one-time fee over donation store.
    lol no thanks

9. July 8, 2023  
    So any details on the approx release date and xp rates etc. ?

10. July 8, 2023  
    I dunno, I have been playing on/off on Molten/Warmane for quite a long time (10+ years to be precise) and I always saw Molten/Warmane as P2W private server. I wonder why people in charge think that isn't the case?
    How does buying gear make you kill other players/bosses? You need skill to do that, can't just go random button smashing to win.
    Gear only enables a bit, but it won't make you win at all.
    People say it's P2W, then they laugh at 'donors' for not knowing how to play. It's like buying gear doesn't mean **** in the end.

So any details on the approx release date and xp rates etc. ?
    Any news would be posted on https://www.warmane.com/ with link to the new thread. This thread won't provide you any further information regarding the new project's status.
    Comments are open for.. well, comments.

11. July 9, 2023  
    How does buying gear make you kill other players/bosses? You need skill to do that, can't just go random button smashing to win.
    Gear only enables a bit, but it won't make you win at all.
    Not only are you wrong but you are badly badly wrong. And the vast majority of players who play today are far superior to the memories you have of players back then. That's why virtune was able to play fire well back in vanilla, if he tried that now he'd be torn to pieces by anyone with half a brain cell. I've done nothing but wpvp since 2005, i can tell you now, any small gear advantage in an expansion that can be bought will have a significant impact. Especially in an game where there is no resilience to mitigate the damage. Besides you are going to be playing an expansion where 5 mages using arcane explosion at the same time will wipe 100 people. How can you not see the dangers in allowing people to buy gear upgrades that they might not have otherwise? And didn't you have major issues with multiboxers for years only now allowing the maximum of 5 player teams? What class do you think these multiboxers are going to play?
    There is no excuse for adding gear into your shop unless the gear is two patches behind and there as a catch up mechanic for new players or alts. If you add them into the shop the moment you release the next expansion then many people wont even bother doing pve, they will spend their entire lives murdering people and when the patch ends, buy the gear and murder everyone all over again for the entire patch until they can buy another upgrade. So all you do is increase the power of the wpvp griefers, while at the same time frustrating the actual people raiding and keeping the servers alive.

Let me ask you, why do you think selling gear is the ONLY way in which to make money for the servers when you could sell all the other conveniences such as riding crop, dual specs, tcg mounts and toys, xp boosts for alts, queue skips and all sorts of other ingenious statements for individuality that this game is LITERALLY based on. Its the entire business model for the entire franchise, being different than others, making your character stand apart or have something someone else doesn't have. You can make a fortune on a decent shop selling all sorts of toys and bigger bag slots and so on. But no, instantly and right away its "must sell weapons and gear sets".

I am nothing but an outsider, i have no loyalty to warmane nor anywhere else. I go where the game is good. But i refuse to play on a p2w server and the vast majority of other outsiders will see it the same way. Why stop playing wow in any other meaningful way, on any other server to play on a server where you are going to allow people to buy such insanely stupid upgrades right at the end of every patch cycle? Why give warmane a chance, when you are happy to give weighted value to the slanderous rumours that condemn you?
    I want this project to do well, i want you to make a phat profit and to trolololol the retail game and its classic variations. But p2w gear or weapons is not how you do it. There are many other ways and ive been on very successful private servers that have proven it can work without resulting to the lowest levels of laziness to compete.
    Make a functioning shop, look into all the tcg loot cards from vanilla - wrath, sell them, sell endless bags of maybe 32 slots (limited amounts), sell riding skills, sell rare mounts, sell tabards, sell skin type variations ffs. Just don't sell gear. Otherwise myself, my guild, people we know and the thousands of potential other nostalrious refugees will snub your server and you'll literally just be reskinning your p2w wrath servers with a vanilla tint. Choice yours Warmane. I'm willing to support your shop and market the server to my people but not if your business model is a repeat of the p2w wrath servers.

12. July 9, 2023  
    Let me ask you, why do you think selling gear is the ONLY way in which to make money for the servers when you could sell all the other conveniences such as riding crop, dual specs, tcg mounts and toys, xp boosts for alts, queue skips and all sorts of other ingenious statements for individuality that this game is LITERALLY based on. Its the entire business model for the entire franchise, being different than others, making your character stand apart or have something someone else doesn't have. You can make a fortune on a decent shop selling all sorts of toys and bigger bag slots and so on. But no, instantly and right away its "must sell weapons and gear sets".
    Placing dual specs, and XP boosts (XP boost ain't the style here) behind paywall would be weak money grab attempt. You, as an outsider, may have been okay with that in other servers, but we have standards here. You even want skin types? Oh my..

Players have options to buy vanity, gear and convenience items. Yet it's the gear that people are mostly after. Vanity and convenience is nice, but it's only secondary for most players.

In case you've missed on some details, so far seasonal realms' item sales are a catch up mechanic. Meaning players have to obtain set amount of certain drops before they come available on the shop. Quite far from paying to win.

I am nothing but an outsider
    Clearly, and if you don't like what Warmane offers, nobody's forcing you to stay.
    I mean.. funny how you seem to have a "guild" somewhere else, and seem to be looking into better options? Their skins, xp boosts and whatnot to your liking?
    Oh.. Nobody cares about nost refugees.

13. July 9, 2023  
    He just had a guild on Wotlk classic.
    But he thinks he's a wpvp God but cant even manage his own guild in classic wotlk due to his big ego.

So the guild broke down and now he spills his gut here.

I truely hope they will make a guild here so we can wreck em all.

14. July 9, 2023  
    People arguing about betamale stuff like talents, rates, mechanics, etc...

Meanwhile me: Waiting to log in as a Tauren Druid for the 259th time, gaze upon Mulgore, talk to Cairne and hear him say:

"ISH - NE - ALO - POR - AH, May the Earth Mother smile upon you."

15. How close is this going to be to how it actually was when it first came out? I'm currently playing on a vanilla private server and it's my first real WoW experience. I'm having a really good time playing, but the idea of going from vanilla-WOTLK sounds amazing for a new player like me. I was just wondering how authentic the server will be. For example, I've seen some which just automatically give people max level, gold, etc.

Thanks.

First ... 17576566676869 ... Last