1. Try due to players showing interest in having a x1 version (and Outland having consistent queues).

2. Let's be honest about some subjects here:

- People who like to play x1 on a x5/x7 server exist, but they are a very small minority. If you do adjustable rates, you are realistically excluding the x1 playerbase, don't pretend otherwise.

- x1 servers haven't had a real wotlk progression since Lordaeron. Lordaeron has been "beaten" for years now, with people overgearing the raids so much it's hardly a "hardcore" server anymore and has lost most of its identity.

- Long lasting servers like Icecrown and Lordaeron aren't comparable to FM/new servers you guys propose. One is a long term involvement where you build characters/rosters to last, the other is a short term burst of gameplay with progression. Both have interesting aspects but they're totally not comparable. So saying "Lorda is dying" or "Lorda still has more players than Icecrown" makes zero sense for a comparison.

With all that being said, I think you should stop equating adjustable rates servers to Lorda and that you should tell us straight if you prefer to cater to high rates players (there's nothing wrong with that).

3. Nice one mate! Kappa
    They launched the high rate server first and everyone flocked there and then after couple of weeks, mb even a month, they released Medivh, and ofc none was interested in starting on a new server all over again.
    Get your facts straight. They released Outland on May 20, 2017 and Medivh just one week later on May 27.
    Also the first days after launch Medivh had 15k pop and queue. Then the pop dropped rapidly and the realm died while Outland had still15k pop with queue
    People just prefer high rates. Hardcore x1 rates is a niche thing which doesn't attract the main playerbase.

4. I wouldn't call 6-10k people logged everyday on a 6y.o server "a niche"
    Actually, many other pservers would call that a sizeable playerbase.
    At the time of writing this post, its 30% of the total logged players

5. That sort of "argument" is a disservice for what you want. "High rates crowd" never had a multi-expansion server here, so following this logic a Lordaeron-like should come only after they get it, as they have been waiting longer.
    This sort of an argument "confirms" that no 1x is planned? I suggest you bring out this info sooner, rather than later.
    Also, "1x crowd" also never had a multi expansion server (Lordaeron always ran with 3.3.5a client spells and talents as I am sure you recall)

Medivh also had a good interest in it at start (it's just that better TBC realms existed than Warmane's at the time...)

The guy's arguments were about it being a fresh server, and you turned the conversation into something that it's not, to make your argument better.

Ergo, this leads me to believe the realm will probably be adjustable rates. Which should hopefully be announced in the next forum thread/post about it, so we don't have to guess any longer and these conversations can be squashed, and the "small minority of us who play 1x" (6k+ ppl on Lordaeron btw KEKW) know what this realm will be and what it won't be. Have a good day.

Btw, you really moderate this **** for free? xD

6. I wouldn't call 6-10k people logged everyday on a 6y.o server "a niche"
    Actually, many other pservers would call that a sizeable playerbase.
    At the time of writing this post, its 30% of the total logged players
    People are pointing out that Medivh, the 1x server for TBC died. I will also point out that the high rate server for TBC also died (or the Warmane forum deceives me?)

A better TBC realm came out at the time (which was 1x rates btw KEKW), and everyone who had any interest in TBC (smaller than wotlk or vanilla), moved there.

Truly, these banana arguments that are unmatched.

Wanting a fresh server (which implies leveling, wpvp, ganking and everything) and then skipping said leveling just to do, what you can already do on Lordaeron, Icecrown...

Let's wait and see what the next forum thread says (I heard it will be likely high rate, so I don't really think it's good for me), but it may appeal to others.

Anyway, if Blizzard announces their own Classic fresh, Warmane should likely go high rates (if we're being honest)...

7. People are pointing out that Medivh, the 1x server for TBC died. I will also point out that the high rate server for TBC also died (or the Warmane forum deceives me?)
    That's what I call a banana argument! Outland had 15k pop and queue for years! From season 1 until season 4 the realm was highly active. The pop started to drop long after all content was released. It's not comparable to Medivh which was dying loooong before that.

Also ironically the main reason why Outland died is because of it's x1 rates on rep, honor and gold which made it way too grindy. Next time Warmane releases a TBC realm they should better increase all rates and not just XP...

Also this other TBC server was a buggy mess compared to Warmane.

8. I think what they were trying to say is that your view seems biased with how you respond, and it does. You are trying to push the idea that the "high rates crowd" deserves to have the progressive server first since they waited longer, but even though that may be true that neither side has gotten one, and that doesn't change the fact the 1x server community gets left behind.

Lordaeron was released late 2015, and you brought up Medivh but that was still only released in 2017. Since then, the "high rates crowd" has received three seasons of Frostmourne, a server which has had additional aspects added to it like time walking, in the last three years. Calling it "imaginative reading" isn't wrong, the facts show that more attention has always been put into the "high rates crowd" over the 1x players. You can give variable rates all you want but it isn't the same, most people wouldn't give themselves a handicap that most other players wont use in the end and that's just how it is for an MMO.

9. That's quite a... let's call it "imaginative reading," out of his one line, which very specifically lists by name two servers as being for the "higher rates crowd" (ignoring the fact Frostmourne hasn't been so for since a few months after it's first season, when variable xp rates adjusted by each player were introduced) and one implied to be for the "x1 crowd" (once more ignoring facts, which Black2ck clarified by pointing out we had Medivh after Lordaeron already), even going as far as setting a time frame for it all (third time's a charm as they say, again corrected by Black2ck).

But hey, saying the "higher rates crowd" never had a progressive server going through multiple expantions here "doesn't match logical thought," so what do I know.
    Was responding to this

10. I think what they were trying to say is that your view seems biased with how you respond, and it does. You are trying to push the idea that the "high rates crowd" deserves to have the progressive server first since they waited longer, but even though that may be true that neither side has gotten one, and that doesn't change the fact the 1x server community gets left behind.

Lordaeron was released late 2015, and you brought up Medivh but that was still only released in 2017. Since then, the "high rates crowd" has received three seasons of Frostmourne, a server which has had additional aspects added to it like time walking, in the last three years. Calling it "imaginative reading" isn't wrong, the facts show that more attention has always been put into the "high rates crowd" over the 1x players. You can give variable rates all you want but it isn't the same, most people wouldn't give themselves a handicap that most other players wont use in the end and that's just how it is for an MMO.
    No, I'm not biased, because I sincerely don't care whichever way it goes on xp rates, it makes no difference for me. All I did was point out that this sort of "argument" trying to tally up some sort of competition of who got what is shooting yourself in the foot, because neither "side" has had a server like this before, and, due a long list of reasons the let's call it tradition has always been to have a higher rate server as the default, and releasing a tentative x1 one if the original is successful enough to justify another. Trying to "compete" with the advantages of a high rate server with an appeal to emotion is a losing argument and not something that would change it if a decision for high rates was ever made.

11. No, I'm not biased, because I sincerely don't care whichever way it goes on xp rates, it makes no difference for me. All I did was point out that this sort of "argument" trying to tally up some sort of competition of who got what is shooting yourself in the foot, because neither "side" has had a server like this before, and, due a long list of reasons the let's call it tradition has always been to have a higher rate server as the default, and releasing a tentative x1 one if the original is successful enough to justify another. Trying to "compete" with the advantages of a high rate server with an appeal to emotion is a losing argument and not something that would change it if a decision for high rates was ever made.
    That's fine then, but it was never supposed to be an argument. It seems like I'm not the only one that thought the moderator seemed aggressive and extremely suggestive. Since there seems to be two different wave lengths, when someone is talking about hoping for something like x1, and brings up it's been a while (which it has been COMPARED to other WotLK servers and not a no longer available TBC server), when you tear apart their justification for wanting and hoping for something it leads others into thinking that you have a bias or narrative against it. It is also bad representation for the community. The reason there are apparently high tensions on the subject is that a lot of people like x1 and a lot of people like higher rates. Considering Bliz lets bots control BGs and their execution sucks, Warmane continues to hold the best place to go for fun and reliable WoTLK content (and WoW in general) with a HUGE community (thus people feel strongly about these discussions). From the x1 perspective, with 3 seasons of Frostmourne being high rate at start, you can't help but hope for a x1 seasonal, which is why people bring up x1 on this forum. A progressive server in a lot of eyes would be perfect for a x1 situation as there would be a journey many people enjoy between each expansion.

12. In my experience, the main difference in the player base between 1x and 3/5/7x servers...is the number of players who play/level alts. A lot of people on 1x will level their main, focus on their main, and not invest the time into leveling and heavily gearing alts...whereas on high(er) rate servers, I tend to see more people that are much more inclined to level and gear the alts...the (lesser) time investment they require.

In the end, I think the PTE will be a "successful" server. The main question (for me) is how much the staff/admin want to promote that alt culture.

13. I hope it gonna be HC mode in this vanilla server

14. as i said some 50 times already , either you make it x1 or you dont , if you make adjustable rates from lets say x1 to x4 everyone will play on x4 because if you play x1 you will be left behind in an empty zone , and by the time you reach endgame everyone else already finished endgame and there is nothing for you to do , so alot of x1 folks will be ?forced? by circumstance to play on higher rates just to keep up not because they are too lazy to lvl x1

15. I hope it will be x3 XP (including professions and rep rates), with proper dual-spec, no buffed content, PVE realm, with additional features such as RDF (it's made on a wotlk core, so why not?) and draenei/blood elves. There's no point to make it a classic experience, or to keep very close to blizzlike. Blizzlike, especially vanilla, is trash and we all know it. And fix the damn racials, let us chose racials we want, if other races have same class. This is the only way you'll have a balanced population.

First ... 1220212223243272 ... Last