1. why not like on Icecrown xp rates? U can change the xp rate in any moment just with 1 click.
    Highly probable it's something they'll look into implementing.

Would satisfy those who want lower/no rates, while giving the option for higher rates within the set range.

2. My only problem with adjustable rates is, that you cannot change your drop rates.
    If you would have an option like an NPC or something where you can change all rates to x1 that would be a nice touch, but I tried to play blizzlike on Icecrown but you could only play with the huge drop rates and that kinda ruined everything.
    It would be cool if all rates could be adjustable like "challenges" if you want to go x1 you could and maybe earn a title or something when you complete it, or maybe even hardcore, I don't think this would affect anyone in a negative way, also pleasure the players who would be interested in it.

3. this. 5-7x on exp and drops all day.
    I mean I can somewhat understand the argument for higher leveling rates, because people are lazy/lack time/did it loads of times already/etc, but higher coin drop rate, reputation rates, matts rate, spawn rates (outside of the dynamic spawn rates when it is a bit overcrowded (better than layering)), beg the question are you even actually willing to play the game at all? Is this the game that you are looking for?
    I don't get the point of all the modifications to make everything faster, easier, more lenient, when the game itself is already easy enough and pretty much ''solved''. I truly don't get it.

4. I just hope that what is going on now will be good, although Frostmourne was also good as a Fresh Relam for new players and all, but we will see how it will progress and if the players will like it

5. I mean I can somewhat understand the argument for higher leveling rates, because people are lazy/lack time/did it loads of times already/etc, but higher coin drop rate, reputation rates, matts rate, spawn rates (outside of the dynamic spawn rates when it is a bit overcrowded (better than layering)), beg the question are you even actually willing to play the game at all? Is this the game that you are looking for?
    I don't get the point of all the modifications to make everything faster, easier, more lenient, when the game itself is already easy enough and pretty much ''solved''. I truly don't get it.
    Frostmourne raids were tougher not easier than retail. You find doing easy stuff over and over again for matts/gold is the pleasure of WoW? I did rather have the increased rates of Frostmourne, saved me a lot of tedious boring waste of time!

6. My only problem with adjustable rates is, that you cannot change your drop rates.
    If you would have an option like an NPC or something where you can change all rates to x1 that would be a nice touch, but I tried to play blizzlike on Icecrown but you could only play with the huge drop rates and that kinda ruined everything.
    It would be cool if all rates could be adjustable like "challenges" if you want to go x1 you could and maybe earn a title or something when you complete it, or maybe even hardcore, I don't think this would affect anyone in a negative way, also pleasure the players who would be interested in it.
    i definitely love this idea. make it 5x for the people with option to do 1x on all rates for the grinders, and give people that do 1x some kind of achievement/title/mount. they deserve a reward (ofc not in terms of weapons/items). @mods is it realistic?

I mean I can somewhat understand the argument for higher leveling rates, because people are lazy/lack time/did it loads of times already/etc, but higher coin drop rate, reputation rates, matts rate, spawn rates (outside of the dynamic spawn rates when it is a bit overcrowded (better than layering)), beg the question are you even actually willing to play the game at all? Is this the game that you are looking for?
    I feel the opposite. higher exp rate is not even the most important for me. and i dont see how higher drop or rep rates make the game 'solved'. do you consider endless hours of farming the actual fun or the challenge of the game? its just grinding, so from my point of view higher rates just save you some time. for me the fun is raids and pvp. higher drop rates just make raids less frustrating, since otherwise to get gear you have to rely on dumb luck of actually dropping and then winning the item. or is doing a raid 10 times without ever dropping your item 'fun'? and pvp is much more enjoyable when everyone has similar gear, since then it becomes about skill and not who can grind the most. i guess it comes down to what is the fun of the game for you. it may be about grinding and farming for hours for you, but its not there for me.

i am someone (like many others im sure) who cannot put in more than 5-10 hours per week into this game (at best). i would like to be able to level up multiple characters so i can experience difference classes, professions, races. it is impossible to do that at 1x. dont get me wrong, i think people that want 1x should get it. as i said above, i would love a realm where all rates are adjustable, and people that do 1x get extra achievements/mounts/titles. but i cannot do it bc life :)

7. @mods is it realistic?
    If you mean receiving "some kind of achievement/title/mount," I personally can't see why.
    We would be giving people the option to play the way they like and they get rewarded for... what? Wanting to play the game at a slower pace? It makes no sense to me, seriously. There's no accomplishment, it's just people taking it slower because they want an experience closer to the original pace, nothing else.

8. Am I the only one thinking that is a total loss of time posting about our preferences or what we expect for a such long period?
    They are doing their job and don't care about us. I'm crazy as all of you waiting for news from the staff. So please warmane staff give US a Little update so that no One Will post again for a while!!!!!! ?

9. Am I the only one thinking that is a total loss of time posting about our preferences or what we expect for a such long period?
    They are doing their job and don't care about us. I'm crazy as all of you waiting for news from the staff. So please warmane staff give US a Little update so that no One Will post again for a while!!!!!! ?
    Well, this isn't suggestion thread, so doubt they are visiting here and looking for suggestions. Of course there's a very slim chance that there might be a suggestion that's good enough to pitch to the rest of the team. I'd argue "give title/mount/achievement for x1 leveling" wouldn't be one.

They are working on the server, so it could be said they care. Could also say they care and let people comment on this thread, instead of having it locked, as comments are repeating themselves.

Yes, there are people waiting for news. We get the news when the time is right, whenever that is, who knows.

The staff giving any updates would only spark more questions and nobody would shut up for a second.

10. If you mean receiving "some kind of achievement/title/mount," I personally can't see why.
    We would be giving people the option to play the way they like and they get rewarded for... what? Wanting to play the game at a slower pace? It makes no sense to me, seriously. There's no accomplishment, it's just people taking it slower because they want an experience closer to the original pace, nothing else.
    does this mean elastic rates confirmed?
    or are you talking in general about rates on all realms.
    I agree, there should be no benefit for leveling 1x.

With that being said, I sure hope the realm is 1x at start, and then you can increase xp rates, etc. (for alts or as a catch-up system)
    But other rates should probably stay 1x, since the realm will last 3 expansions, I don't see the point of increasing rates, since you will likely have years to complete endgame reputations and such.

It would be good if we could get some feedback soon, so we know what the type and goal of the realm will be.
    Looking forward to it.

11. does this mean elastic rates confirmed?
    He asked if something was realistic within a hypothetical scenario of "x5 for everyone and optional x1," and I gave him my personal opinion.
    Don't read beyond what I type. I'm not dropping hints or confirming anything.

12. Why receiving a title for example for completing the game as x1 is such a huge thing and that almost everyone is against it? -or if you change the rates to x1, you would already have a title showing everyone you are up for the challenge.

Does it affect the gamestyle, or put someone in advantage? No

It would be just purely cosmetic, so you can /flex your achievements, like for example if you complete the game without a single death there would be a title for the achievement, or as x1, there wouldn't be any benefit, only the feeling of achievement, so people can tell the difference who just facerolled to max level with high x7 rates for example, and someone who actually played through azeroth.

I don't think this would be game breaking neither hard to implument, but for me, if the rates will be adjustable, I would like to be seen as someone who did everything as x1.

I think these achievements are a great thing, and wouldn't change anything on the game itself, it would just add challenges, and goals, and achievements people would want to achieve.

Since this is a Vanilla - TBC - WotLK progressive realm, of course I want to go through the game as x1, and experience the original and loved World of Warcraft as it was back in the days that I have missed (and saying this while never been an x1 enjoyer, only recently).
    Higher rates and rushing to max level would just ruin everything in my opinion, and I don't get why people say "Not everybody has time to play x1", nobody has infinite free time, but why the rush? Just enjoy the game and what the game has to offer.

In my opinion x1 is just works better and values your time spent in the game, items actually have a meaning, if you get a great weapon from a dungeon for example, it would actually be good and you wouldn't change it in 5 minutes since the rates are so high.

But it's Warmane's decision after all, but I think this progressive realm could be huge worldwide, and bring back the original World of Warcraft feeling, maybe even lure in retail players and everyone.

13. Why receiving a title for example for completing the game as x1 is such a huge thing and that almost everyone is against it?
    Because it's unnecessary. It's playing the game closer to how it was originally designed to be played, nothing else. It isn't hard or even difficult, it's just slower. You aren't special or doing anything special by choosing to play at the slower progression pace the original game had. Most unnecessary things aren't game breaking or give any advantage, but they remain unnecessary nonetheless.

14. Does it matter if its necessary or not if it makes players happy?

It's such a small thing, and would require almost no energy what so ever, and i'm sure there are lots of players who would like to play blizzlike, why wouldn't you let them do so?
    Why can't all play together in a way they want to?

Like Lordaeron vs Icecrown, but since this will be one realm, you cannot choose, also, it would seperate the playerbase.
    In my opinion it would be perfect to have just 1 realm, where you can play however you want to play, x1 xp x1 drop, or higher, the way you want to.
    Lordaeron would be fine, but it has increased difficulty in PvE, and since I haven't completed those contents once, I would like the feel the original,
    but on Icecrown isn't that blizzlike either, because you cannot modify the drop rates.

I think that would be awesome if there would be only 1 realm with all the players, and you are free to choose the way you want to play, be able to set the experience rates, drop rates, whatever, for example there would be a list with x1 x3 x7 or whatever and you could choose the one you want, and still wouldn't be seperated by realms, the community as a whole could be on the same realm.

The adjustable experience what we have now is great, but, lacking some options, it feels odd to play x1 but the drop rates and everything remains x3 for example.

At least is that an option for this future realm to implument the adjustability of all rates not just the experience? This in itself would solve a lot of inconvinience.

First ... 256573747576 Last