1. Eh, that's kinda understandable given how the population would always dwindle around Ulduar.
    I've never stuck around after the hype phase either, mainly because of the buffed content.

I wish FM was an actual permanent realm, but PvE. Like Icecrown 2.0 but you can quest and farm in peace. Oh, well.

2. Very sad, just give it us season 4 without changes we all waiting for fresh start...

3. Just to drive home the point that the demand is there, currently **95%** of respondents on the discord poll want season 4 as a simple relaunch of S3.

You can't get 95% of people to agree that water is wet.
    I understand this, and is expected. I'm the one that posted the poll in the first place, after all. But it's natural that the majority of the people who would see and/or care about the poll would vote favorably. I'm more interested to see how much traction it gets. Without people using alts to try and boost that number anyway.

4. Not even joking when I say this, only reason I've been playing on Warmane so long is because of Frostmourn. Icecrown gets boring after a few months while Frostmourn always had a better feel to playing with the buffed content and just progression all round. Removing this realm will be a mistake in the long run and I just hope the Devs and Mods can realise this before its to late and lose a big chunk of people that always came back to play because of Frostmourn.

5. I think everyone would love just a simple re launch of S3. No need of new things that may even damage the pop :D. Also i think people who would like to play both and play alot will play them both. Its like having a 2 lockout per week just diffrent servers. Also asuming beta will be in summer the real release would be around when frostmourne will be in ICC stage or near it so i doubt it would dmg pop at all. Maybe would even give it more pop.

6. Very sad, just give it us season 4 without changes we all waiting for fresh start...
    I'm in this camp, started a few weeks ago and have been loving it on fm, i love the pve focus so i can just play in peace and do bg's arena if i have an urge to pvp

hearing now that theres gonna be no s4 has deeply saddened me, please reconsider and just start fresh, we dont need any new improvement just copy paste s3

dont let fm die!! :(

7. wtf only thing i waited was fresh season until your multi exp progress thing is out. Guess i dont play till summer then -.-

8. Damn, that was really unexpected. I think almost all of us were hyped for FM 4, and i honestly don't think that there shold be anything new to come up with.
    After all that's just a server and we all like it the way it is no matter if there are added new things or not. Really dissapointed tbh. :/

9. I was waiting for a restart of this server to try out Warmane, even a season with no changes would've been fine, bummer

10. "We ran out of ideas" is a pretty poor excuse for a seasonal realm. The season is the idea. The fresh launch is the draw, not whatever unique spin you put on it. I'm sure I can speak for most people here when I say I would play a standard x7 WotLK fresh with no other unique ideas. The fresh is the point, not whatever Timewalking sideshow nonsense you implement each year.

Given that it seems like the progressive realm is many months away, this just seems like a really poor decision to me. It's not like re-launching fresh costs you too much development time.

There's also the consideration that A) not everyone cares about vanilla (raises hand), and B) even the people who like TBC/WotLK aren't going to slog through Vanilla to play it, or aren't going to start playing when it progresses because the server won't be fresh then.

This is a fat L, frankly.
    AMEN, bruddah! Amen.

11. Yeah I want to echo what a lot of other people are saying:
    - New dev ideas on Frostmourne were cool and usually implemented pretty well BUT the big pull factor for fresh/seasonal is just fresh.
    - FM3 was really good and many of us would be happy to see it go around again without changes (which you'd have known already if you'd asked sooner)
    - It monetisation is the issue, I don't get it. Fresh is popular & you're delaying it, and did you guys EVER launch the shop in ICC phase?
    - This announcement is coming very late after much begging for news so it's a slap in the face to dedicated Frostmourne players
    - Given the "philosophy" angle, the cash angle, and the goodwill angle have all been fumbled there is no way to see this other than a complete L for Warmane

Thanks for finally clearing up what would happen. It's roughly what I already expected but please, regardless of what you do with development (that's all up to Warmane always, I'm just a user), don't play around with us like this in the future with the announcements blackout and the host of "maybe" statements we got with the new realm announcement. A lot of goodwill you'd have among progressive server players going into your new server has been destroyed this way.

12. "We ran out of ideas" is a pretty poor excuse for a seasonal realm. The season is the idea. The fresh launch is the draw, not whatever unique spin you put on it. I'm sure I can speak for most people here when I say I would play a standard x7 WotLK fresh with no other unique ideas. The fresh is the point, not whatever Timewalking sideshow nonsense you implement each year.

Given that it seems like the progressive realm is many months away, this just seems like a really poor decision to me. It's not like re-launching fresh costs you too much development time.

There's also the consideration that A) not everyone cares about vanilla (raises hand), and B) even the people who like TBC/WotLK aren't going to slog through Vanilla to play it, or aren't going to start playing when it progresses because the server won't be fresh then.

This is a fat L, frankly.
    ^This, exactly this. If the Wotlk experience wasn't good enough by itself it wouldn't have been "milked" for 10 years.

I think a Copy/Paste will work fine. If they cant support both realms just give S4 with Naxx Max cap for 3-4 months until they release the other one.

13. So without attracting much hate to me, on the one hand I certainly don't think it's bad. Sometimes you just have to dare to tackle something "new". However, dear Warmane team, use the old name from the server again. I think Frostmourne is one of the coolest names, but also one of the names you associate with WoW. Finally, the question, what happens to the characters that are currently still actively played on Frostmourne?

14. Greetings Warmane community,

Frostmourne Season III will come to an end on April 30, 2023, the realm will be decommissioned and put on hold while we re-focus most of our development work on our newest realm, the progressive Vanilla-TBC-WoTLK realm, with an official beta coming this summer.

We know that many of you have liked Frostmourne and that will miss its presence, but we believe that we have been coming to an end of ideas that can be implemented in Frostmourne, without changing the realm's philosophy too much, and while we are planning to decommission the realm for now, we still have plans for it in the future, especially after our progressive adventure is finished.

Be on a lookout for information and keep in mind that in many ways our progressive realm matches the spirit and the idea of Frostmourne, but will come under a different new name, we hope to see you there! More information regarding our new progressive realm is pending and will be posted, once we have the opportunity to do so.

Kind regards,
    Warmane
    Vanilla-TBC-WoTLK realm - RELEASE

Summer starts on 6/21/2023 ....That's almost 3 months

15. FM was fun but i think devs made the right choice, especially if we get a fm4 next year with wotlk classic ending at the same time. Doing a 3months fm4 season is just pointless imo
    Thank's and please open up fm to ic chars this week

First 12345 ... Last