1. Addon "VoiceOver" AI generated voices for NPCs and their quests!!

This video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U74p...el=Frostadamus was suggested on youtube and it covers a very new addon with very high potential. You can find the addon on this page https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/voiceover

It is currently for Classic WoW and WOTLK Classic, but if anyone finds out how to get it to work for our 3.3.5 ... PLEASE let me know :D

2. Edit: Officially has been released for 3.3.5, grab it here

Spoiler: Show

I backported the addon... However, due to limitations with the older 3.3.5a API you won't be able to stop sound from playing once it's started like you can in the original addon. I kept all the buttons there, they're just disabled.

You can try it out: https://gitlab.com/Tsoukie/ai-voiceover

:)
    Edited: April 20, 2023

3. Ok, thank you in first place for doing that! :D

The play button apperas, when I click it though, nothing happens. When I look at the Addon Memory, the Vanilla Package only has 3,54MB of Data instead of 1,08GB.

4. The play button apperas, when I click it though, nothing happens.
    "due to limitations with the older 3.3.5a API you won't be able to stop sound from playing once it's started like you can in the original addon. I kept all the buttons there, they're just disabled."

It should only play when you talk to an NPC, or click the play button within your quest log. There is no way around this. The 3.3.5a client is missing the StopSound function that was added in later game versions.

When I look at the Addon Memory, the Vanilla Package only has 3,54MB of Data instead of 1,08GB.
    The actual audio files aren't loaded to in-game memory. It's normal.

5. Oh, It's for Vanilla, ofc i won't hear any dialogues for Wotlk NPCs. Thank you for your time!

The way you described it works perfectly :)

6. I backported the addon... However, due to limitations with the older 3.3.5a API you won't be able to stop sound from playing once it's started like you can in the original addon. I kept all the buttons there, they're just disabled.

You can try it out: https://gitlab.com/Tsoukie/ai-voiceover

:)
    would you work on a tbc / wotlk when / if they make an updated ver for it ?

7. Thank you for the port, this is so sick!

edit: unfortunately, every time i gather a quest item, the game experiences a pretty significant lag spike. Tsoukie, do you think you might have a memory leak in your port of the addon?
    Edited: April 18, 2023

8. Thank you for the port, this is so sick!

edit: unfortunately, every time i gather a quest item, the game experiences a pretty significant lag spike. Tsoukie, do you think you might have a memory leak in your port of the addon?
    It actually happens whenever you complete a quest objective and when you turn in quests.

To Tsoukie. I don't think it's your port at all. The issue is that it always updates the Quest frame on the QuestLog_Update event. And that seems to be called multiple times when completing an objective.

For me the resolution is to adjust the hook on that as follows (Voiceover.lua line 88):

hooksecurefunc("QuestLog_Update", function()
    if (QuestLogFrame:IsShown() or false) then
    self.questOverlayUI:UpdateQuestOverlayUI()
    end
    end)

Which only calls the code to update the buttons on the quest frame if it is shown (the event is triggered when the quest frame is opened).
    Edited: April 19, 2023

9. Hmm, I personally didn't have the lag issue myself when testing... But I will add the change to only update if the quest log is visible in the QuestLog_Update hook. It appears Blizzard also does this themselves in the actual QuestLog_Update function for 3.3.5a.

I updated it with the fix by r00tk1t. You can download the whole thing over again, or just grab the updated main addon here. Just replace the existing "AI_VoiceOver" folder you have. Hopefully it solves the issues.

As for the memory leak stuff, I really haven't changed too much from the original addon to make it work.. just some simple changes to understand the older client unit information. There could always be issues with the original addon itself though, since it's being rapidly updated.

Surprisingly, it looks like from recent commits the creator is adding 3.3.5 support himself, so probably keep an eye out for that really soon. More information about it from his comment here. :D
    Edited: April 19, 2023

10. Hmm, I personally didn't have the lag issue myself when testing... But I will add the change to only update if the quest log is visible in the QuestLog_Update hook. It appears Blizzard also does this themselves in the actual QuestLog_Update function for 3.3.5a.
    It's where I stole, I mean borrowed the code from :)

I found the lag was variable. Sometimes unnoticeable sometimes huge. Probably depends how many quests you have visible in the quest log at the time.

11. Surprisingly, it looks like from recent commits the creator is adding 3.3.5 support himself, so probably keep an eye out for that really soon. More information about it from his comment here. :D
    He actually said he wants to make it work for 3.3.5 and 1.12.1, and also add TBC/Wrath quests. He has a donate page to pay for the online AI tool he uses to do them and that has the plans detailed. At 59% of the target last I looked.

12. Looks like they released the official 3.3.5 version. I recommend anyone that tried out my simple port should grab the official release instead. :)

13. That's a really game changing addon but it's a shame they didn't include TBC into it. If they did can anyone give me a tip where I can download a voicepack?

12 Last