1. May 2, 2023  

Using a macro to delete certain items in my bag disconnects me

Hello,

Im using this:
    /run for b=0,4 do for s=1,36 do n=GetContainerItemLink(b,s);if n and string.find(n,"Conjured Mana Strudel") then PickupContainerItem(b,s);DeleteCursorItem();end;en d;end;

in a macro to delete the mage food that spawns in my bag when I play soloQ as a warrior.
    Using this macro disconnects me from the server.

Do anyone else know how to improve the macro or what else to use to create the same effect with a click of a button?

Thanks

2. May 2, 2023  
    Yes, here is improvement - do it manually.
    Server has failsafe that disconnects you when any code/macro tries to delete items. It is to prevent malicious "addons" from deleting your gear/goods.

3. May 3, 2023  

4. May 3, 2023  
    It wasn't really due to add-ons, but people falling for "hot single scripts in your area" that deleted their whole inventories, and then wanting us to fix their own mistakes. It was a lot of players, so to protect them from themselves we had to create this trigger that disconnects anyone trying to use that sort of thing before any damage is done.

5. May 3, 2023  
    Alright, thanks for the clarity.
    What exactly though is causing the trigger?
    Is it the "getcontaineritem" part or what?

6. May 3, 2023  
    Sorry, but no idea, I don't know any of the specifics. My guess would be the DeleteCursorItem(), but that's all it is, a guess. I suppose you could do some testing to narrow it down if you really must know.